Upcoming The Man in the High Castle (Season 4) [Amazon]

jcm

Premium Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Texas
man-in-the-high-castle.jpg

From Producer Ridley Scott

The Man in the High Castle is an American alternate history television series produced by Amazon Studios. The series is based on the 1962 novel of the same name by American science fiction author Philip K. Dick. The story is an alternate historyof the world in which the Axis powers won World War II. The United States has been divided into three parts: The Japanese puppet state of the Pacific States of America, which comprises the former United States west of the Rocky Mountains; a German puppet state that comprises the eastern half of the former United States; and a neutral zone that acts as a buffer between the two areas, called the Rocky Mountain States.

The pilot debuted on January 15, 2015[1] and as a pilot was Amazon's "most-watched since the original series development program began." On February 18, 2015, it was announced that it has been picked up for a season[2] of 10 episodes to be released November 20, 2015.

I watched the first episode and it was actually quite good.

anyone watching this? I went to the NYCC panel and it looked interesting

they actually handed out copies of the book at the panel so I read it and it was pretty good, though I can see Amazon is taking their liberties with the story, like others have done with other Philip K Dick stories (Minority Report, Adjustment Bureau)

There was some controversy today in NY with Amazon marketing and creating an entire subway car decked out for the show that ended up getting pulled

anyone watching this? I went to the NYCC panel and it looked interesting

they actually handed out copies of the book at the panel so I read it and it was pretty good, though I can see Amazon is taking their liberties with the story, like others have done with other Philip K Dick stories (Minority Report, Adjustment Bureau)

There was some controversy today in NY with Amazon marketing and creating an entire subway car decked out for the show that ended up getting pulled

I've seen the first 4 episodes. So far they have been very good both visually and story wise. There are a lot of little details that they took in which changed signs of Americana to fit the alternate history of an occupation.

One of my favourite shows at the moment.
Looks amazing in UHD, sharp highly detailed with just the right amount of pop in the HDR. And a good powerful soundstage as well...:watch::notworthy:

Hope we get a third season...:watch:

Until Westworld came along, this was my favorite new series on streaming TV. Story is adsorbing, production sets superb and immersive and fantastic acting. Amazon would be brainless not to renew it for a few more seasons.

• Thanks
Reactions: earthscope
Until Westworld came along, this was my favorite new series on streaming TV. Story is adsorbing, production sets superb and immersive and fantastic acting. Amazon would be brainless not to renew it for a few more seasons.
Just finished Season 2 and WOW!!!! This is my top show now.
Don't know if your watching it in UHD buddy, but it looks spectacular. And the Ariel shots of Germania and the Führer headquarters in Berlin are something to behold indeed.:wow::notworthy:
Definitely 10/10 on production values, story, acting.

And season 3 has been confirmed...:thumbs::woot:

Now I really hope amazon release this in UHD Blu ray...:wow: