Now Streaming The Mandalorian (Season 3) [Disney+]

jbsolo

Premium Supporter
Oct 28, 2010
Canada
Mandalorian.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Disney is planning to launch an in-house streaming service by the end of 2019, Disney chairman and CEO Bob Iger announced that they’re developing a number of TV series to air on the streaming service, based on some major IPs, including A live-action Star Wars series!!!

This is finally happening!

Yes! Would love a live-action Star Wars series... I couldn't get in to those animated ones unfortunately. :(

Yes! Would love a live-action Star Wars series... I couldn't get in to those animated ones unfortunately. :(

I LOVE Rebels! Its very enjoyable if you give it a chance.
I never finished Clone Wars... really should get to that. Both shows do skew to a younger audience, but I still like them.

I LOVE Rebels! Its very enjoyable if you give it a chance.
I never finished Clone Wars... really should get to that. Both shows do skew to a younger audience, but I still like them.
Trust me, I've tried to watching both, but they're just not for me... the only animated shows I can get in to seem to be comedies like Simpsons, South Park, Rick & Morty etc.

star-wars-log-o1-768x432.jpg

Source: ComingSoon
Lucasfilm has announced that Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau has signed on to executive produce and write a live-action Star Wars TV series for Disney’s new direct-to-consumer platform. Favreau is no stranger to the Star Wars galaxy having played roles in both the Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated series and in the upcoming Solo: A Star Wars Story.

“I couldn’t be more excited about Jon coming on board to produce and write for the new direct-to-consumer platform,” says Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy. “Jon brings the perfect mix of producing and writing talent, combined with a fluency in the Star Wars universe. This series will allow Jon the chance to work with a diverse group of writers and directors and give Lucasfilm the opportunity to build a robust talent base.”

Favreau add: “If you told me at 11 years old that I would be getting to tell stories in the Star Wars universe, I wouldn’t have believed you. I can’t wait to embark upon this exciting adventure.”

Reactions: Noodles
I feel like this needs to be something that's a tonal departure from everything else they've done- or I'm going to get real burnt out of this constant bombardment of Star Wars, really quickly.

I never thought that I- ME- THE ONE WHOSE USERNAME IS A STORMTROOPER- would think that Star Wars Burn-out could be possible but... I don't know it's just starting to wear me down.

Trust me, I've tried to watching both, but they're just not for me... the only animated shows I can get in to seem to be comedies like Simpsons, South Park, Rick & Morty etc.

Have you tried watching the Genndy Tartakovsky 2005 Animated Clone Wars Series? That's a marvel of animation and does wonder with purely visual story-telling.
I really disliked The Clone Wars- it was a tonal nightmare, it's story seemed scatterbrained, the writing was inconsistent from episode to episode- and of the 6 seasons, I can count maybe 6 episodes that I like.
Star Wars Rebels fairs a bit better- Season 1 takes a slow start- but the Season 2 opener "The Seige of Lothal" is really strong... and the series, while suffering from SOME of the same issues that plagued The Clone Wars- has some truly memorable moments with some very well done sequences. If you can't get in to it- you're not really missing much- but if you're desperate for more Star Wars, Rebels is a fine way to fill that void.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Have you tried watching the Genndy Tartakovsky 2005 Animated Clone Wars Series? That's a marvel of animation and does wonder with purely visual story-telling.
I really disliked The Clone Wars- it was a tonal nightmare, it's story seemed scatterbrained, the writing was inconsistent from episode to episode- and of the 6 seasons, I can count maybe 6 episodes that I like.
Star Wars Rebels fairs a bit better- Season 1 takes a slow start- but the Season 2 opener "The Seige of Lothal" is really strong... and the series, while suffering from SOME of the same issues that plagued The Clone Wars- has some truly memorable moments with some very well done sequences. If you can't get in to it- you're not really missing much- but if you're desperate for more Star Wars, Rebels is a fine way to fill that void.
I tried both but couldn't get in to them at all... the only animated shows I seem to like nowadays are ones with lots of adult humour, otherwise I just feel like I'm watching a kids cartoon lol. Maybe I'll give them another go at some point though... I mean, it is Star Wars after all!

• Thanks
Reactions: FN-2187
James Mangold is writing and will direct a Star Wars standalone movie centered on Boba Fett, the feared bounty hunter and fan favorite character, The Hollywood Reporter has exclusively learned.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Drum18
Trying to care about this... but as much as the character is cool and all... can't see how they'll build up this....

BUT... if there's one guy who can surprise me, it's Mangold. Logan is a true Masterpiece and a perfect swan song for Jackman...

Ok… dunno if I should be thriller or what but at the moment, does Nothing for me… wait and see...

I think its great! Its an area of the Star Wars universe that will be fun to explore. I liked all the Mandalorian stuff in Rebels.
Also the timeline taking place in-between Jedi and TFA is a good idea. I assume this will give them an excuse to have Boba Fett come back and guest on the show... maybe.