Now Streaming The Mandalorian (Season 3) [Disney+]

jbsolo

Premium Supporter
Oct 28, 2010
Canada
Mandalorian.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Episode 4 was my least favourite so far, but it was still pretty decent. What did everyone else think?

Its the first time this felt like a TV show to me.

It had some great moments. But this was by far the weakest of the episodes so far.
If it wasn't for Baby Yoda this episode would have been a bit of a bust.

Reactions: Noodles
Its the first time this felt like a TV show to me.

It had some great moments. But this was by far the weakest of the episodes so far.
If it wasn't for Baby Yoda this episode would have been a bit of a bust.
Now that you mention it, I think that was my main issue too... previous episodes felt quite cinematic and big in scale, whereas episode 4 seemed like they stepped things down and it was the first time it felt like an actual TV show, like you said.

Reactions: kaw
Oh damn! Someone really screwed up. LOL I guess they felt like leaving it rather than reshooting the entire scene. :confused: :wow:
:rofl: I'm sure they could just CGI it out. Doubt I would have noticed it, hopefully they fix it when a UK release happens :D
They probably didn't even spot it themselves, otherwise they would've edited it out, I'm sure. Similar case to the coffee cup in GoT, which they did later fix.

Anyone notice this little gaff in episode 4? Can't say I noticed, and who cares, really?

It was Bryce Dallas Howard's first big directing gig... So I'm not surprised there was something like that.
But still, the editors should have spotted it in post.

This stuff happens ALL THE TIME tho. I feel like something like the GoT Starbucks cup is more of a big deal.

It was Bryce Dallas Howard's first big directing gig... So I'm not surprised there was something like that.
But still, the editors should have spotted it in post.

This stuff happens ALL THE TIME tho. I feel like something like the GoT Starbucks cup is more of a big deal.
The Starbucks cup was so painfully obvious I feel it was more of an Easter egg than a mistake.

Chapter 5 was yet another really enjoyable episode. Loved the Tatooine setting... reminded me a lot of the PS4 Battlefront games.

Reactions: Lone Crusader
Very good episode.
I take it the feet with the spurs at the end was the Gunslinger which is what this episode was named. Also I have a feeling he’s not after the woman’s bounty but that he’s hot on the trail for the Mandalorian. I'm sure we’ll see that showdown later on.

Last edited:
Ep.5 was great episode. Loved the opening scene :drool:
Once again, episode length annoyingly short, about 30mins minus end credits :arghh:

Episode 6 was just 38 minutes until credits. :( I sure hope if there's a season 2 that they make there episodes longer. I felt this was just missing way too much that needed more explaining. It was OK I guess.... I guess....

As entertaining as I'm finding this, I'm beginning to wonder where it's actually meant to be going... each episode just feels like a pointless side mission, or "filler" if you will.

And I agree with you @AcIDc0r3... they could expand on so much if the episodes were longer, and it'd make them a lot more interesting too IMO.

They're already shooting Season 2 by the way, as confirmed by Favreau on Instagram back in November...

Oh, and I forgot to mention... had no idea Richard Ayoade had a voice role in this, so that was a pleasant surprise! Also had no clue it was Clancy Brown who played Burg until I saw his name in the end credits.

I think this confirms that I'm not a fan of Natalia Tena anyway... I couldn't really stand her in Game of Thrones, and couldn't stand her in this either. Although I do hate Twi'leks to be fair - they look ridiculous lol.

Oh, and I forgot to mention... had no idea Richard Ayoade had a voice role in this, so that was a pleasant surprise! Also had no clue it was Clancy Brown who played Burg until I saw his name in the end credits.

I think this confirms that I'm not a fan of Natalia Tena anyway... I couldn't really stand her in Game of Thrones, and couldn't stand her in this either. Although I do hate Twi'leks to be fair - they look ridiculous lol.

There were a lot of great cameos in this episode. From Matt Lanter (who does the voice of Anakin in clone wars) to Dave Filoni himself!!!
Really loved this episode!!

As entertaining as I'm finding this, I'm beginning to wonder where it's actually meant to be going... each episode just feels like a pointless side mission, or "filler" if you will.
I've managed to watch the first 5 episodes now. This is exactly what I thought. It seems like they probably have enough story to make one 3 hour movie, or a 2 hour double feature. There's so much filler, but even with filler, the episodes still seem short. Cute baby Yoda is it's saviour at the moment.

Enjoyed this latest episode, though another filler.
Agree with you guys on the point of the direction of this show so far, needs to be alittle more focused without having to sit through too may filler episodes inbetween.

All these fillers and yet they've kind of strayed off course. I mean what about the baby Yoda? I mean WTF, is he just going to take bounty after bounty and keep the Yoda in his ship the whole time? I would think that his ultimate mission would be to find some type of safe haven for it. If he has been, they sure haven't given us any info on that aspect of things.

I think a lot of people are confusing "filler" episodes with the show just being episodic.
Everyone is so used to watching shows recently that are serialized that it just seems odd not to have it be that way too.

At the moment it just seems like another week another different adventure with Mando...
But they have done a different approach here, and I am assuming that these so called "filler" episodes will all play a part in the end.

ALSO. The next episode DROPS EARLY this week.
Tonight at MIDNIGHT PST