Now Streaming The Mandalorian (Season 3) [Disney+]

jbsolo

Premium Supporter
Oct 28, 2010
Canada
Mandalorian.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally feels like the show's going somewhere... just a shame it took them this long. Episode 7 was both enjoyable AND interesting, and has actually left me intrigued for the first time in a while.

Reactions: Lone Crusader
Episode 8 was by far the best! Great action, humour, suspense and surprise. Plus it was a good length too (around 45 mins). You can tell it was directed by Taika Waititi. :notworthy:

The last two episodes is what I hoped the entire series would be like, so hopefully they'll learn from it and carry that over into the second series.

One thing that's really bugged me though...
I was super happy when IG returned, but then they went and killed him off AGAIN!? Wish they'd stop killing off great characters.

Reactions: jcm
Episode 8 was by far the best! Great action, humour, suspense and surprise. Plus it was a good length too (around 45 mins). You can tell it was directed by Taika Waititi. :notworthy:

The last two episodes is what I hoped the entire series would be like, so hopefully they'll learn from it and carry that over into the second series.

One thing that's really bugged me though...
I was super happy when IG returned, but then they went and killed him off AGAIN!? Wish they'd stop killing off great characters.

I thought it was a great episode and season as a whole. The fact they are willing to kill off cool characters is one of the positives of the series. The finale was gripping because I wasn’t sure who or if someone wasn’t going to make it. It gives the show some stakes which sadly too many movies/shows aren’t brave enough to take.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
I thought it was a great episode and season as a whole. The fact they are willing to kill off cool characters is one of the positives of the series. The finale was gripping because I wasn’t sure who or if someone wasn’t going to make it. It gives the show some stakes which sadly too many movies/shows aren’t brave enough to take.
I don't mind shows killing off characters, but not this soon... we barely got to know them, so they just felt wasted. I mean, they killed important characters all the time in GoT, but we had plenty of time to get attached to them, so it was really shocking and emotional. Whereas with Mando it just feels very "meh" IMHO.

I don't mind shows killing off characters, but not this soon... we barely got to know them, so they just felt wasted. I mean, they killed important characters all the time in GoT, but we had plenty of time to get attached to them, so it was really shocking and emotional. Whereas with Mando it just feels very "meh" IMHO.

Yeah it is very soon so I can understand your sentiment. GoT was one of the few that has been comfortable killing off major characters. Hopefully they hit their stride in season 2, nevertheless I enjoyed the journey so far.

Reactions: Noodles
Great finish to this first season. Hopefully next season will offer longer and more episodes.
First season just feels like its whizzed by so quickly.

Couple of minor points that I didn't like, but overall didn't spoil that last episode for me
- as funny and enjoyable the speeder bike conversation scene was, I felt the timing of that scene wasn't right, given Kuiil had just died and the severity of the situation the Mandalorian & Co were in
- the Mandalorian took his helmet off EEK! Didn't they say previously he would not be showing his face ??

Season 1 was a pure blast! A definitive MUST SEE for any Star Wars fan.
All the tiny details and winks to true fans were made by a true SW fan that Favreau is! IG-88 stole the show!

Only thing that truly bugged me and I can see it will bug me with Disney+ in the future… 8 episodes series… SERIOUSLY???? GIMME ME MORE! NOW!!!!!!!!

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Yes, really enjoyed this.

Also, I thought the series length was perfect. I'd rather have 8 good episodes than 20 drawn out ones with a load of filler. (Like most shows are doing nowadays) I think it's a good thing to leave you wanting more!

I guess as these shows are effects heavy, it's probably as fast as they can work at anyway......

Do we know if this will get a blu ray release? Would love a steelbook! :p

Reactions: GeoRattray
Of course, Sideshow Collectibles had to step in:

View attachment 460712

I DON'T NEED IT. I DON'T NEED IT. I DON'T NEED IT. I DON'T NEED IT. I DON'T NEED IT. I DON'T NEED IT. I DON'T NEED IT... I NEED IT. GIMME GIMME GIMME.

Of course, Hot Toys following suit with their own range of Baby Yodas as well - Full size, 1/4, 1/6 and cosbaby size

HT_babyYoda.jpg

Reactions: kaw
Of course, Sideshow Collectibles had to step in:

View attachment 460712
I DON'T NEED IT. I DON'T NEED IT. I DON'T NEED IT. I DON'T NEED IT. I DON'T NEED IT. I DON'T NEED IT. I DON'T NEED IT... I NEED IT. GIMME GIMME GIMME.
Damn you @Drum18 for posting this! :angry: :mad:
5Waol1f.gif

@kaw I yelled the same at the screen!!! :banghead:

Then I pre-ordered it! :woot: Glad Sideshow offers a payment plan! ;) :D
child order - sideshow.JPG
tenor.gif

@Drum18
I think having a kid or having The Child are going to end up costing about the same haha

Almost $600 CND is a lot. Yeah the payment plan makes it better... I'll have to come visit and say hello to your little friend @bloodsnake007
too bad this announcement wasn't before Christmas. Its the only thing I would have put on my list. haha