The MarinaBlue Quentin Tarantino Chat Thread

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
RIP to our good friend Roddie Riseden and Ninja @Marina Blue
Roddie was a huge Tarantino fan with his son having a connection to Tarantino's camp and sending movies to Quentin's assistant until his untimely death by a heart attack.

He was always fun to chat with about all things Tarantino which I too am absolutely nut over.

Just like how we dedicated a thread to another member who passed away who loved lenticular slipcovers @apsmith21 and I thought long ago that we should do the same for Roddie and its been long overdue.

So feel free to chat about all things QT and share editions of new releases and collector editions, memorabilia and all things Tarantino and his movies.

MB literally crossed my mind just the other day when I bought a DVD copy of Inglourious Basterds for my dad. Safe to say I'll be thinking of him whenever I watch a QT film from now on. The news still shocks me every time I think about it... sucks how sudden someone's life can be taken. :(

So what's everyone's thoughts on QT's next film being about the Manson murders? Sources say that it will star Brad Pitt, Jennifer Lawrence, and Margot Robbie... very cool cast IMO!

So happy to see this thread! Great idea, @Wreck! :thumbs:

So what's everyone's thoughts on QT's next film being about the Manson murders? Sources say that it will star Brad Pitt, Jennifer Lawrence, and Margot Robbie... very cool cast IMO!

Not sure how I'm feeling about it, though the cast is definitely amazing. I continue to hope that I can one day see a Tarantino sci-fi film, but he's nearing his retirement (if that sticks).

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Not sure how I'm feeling about it, though the cast is definitely amazing. I continue to hope that I can one day see a Tarantino sci-fi film, but he's nearing his retirement (if that sticks).
I don't think there's a genre I wouldn't love to see him tackle... a sci-fi is definitely up there amongst my most wanted though. I recently read that he's interested in doing a Star Trek movie, so who knows, I guess it could happen!

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
Great thread @Wreck! A very nice tribute to Marina Blue.:)

MB literally crossed my mind just the other day when I bought a DVD copy of Inglourious Basterds for my dad. Safe to say I'll be thinking of him whenever I watch a QT film from now on. The news still shocks me every time I think about it... sucks how sudden someone's life can be taken. :(

I'm still not sure until I hear more info. I am always sceptical at first but I know I will love the movie in the end. When I heard he was doing a war film I wasn't sure as war isn't my favourite genre but I loved it. The same with Westerns and Django and The Hateful Eight but again I loved them, I don't think his films are ever straight up genre films, they always seem to mix genres so it appeals to everyone.

I'm not sure if the Manson Murders will be a true story which would be something new for Tarantino or a revenge movie where he puts his own spin on it. Either way the cast looks great and I'm sure Tarantino will work his magic again! The guy doesn't know how to make bad films, everything he touches is gold!

• Thanks
Great thread @Wreck! A very nice tribute to Marina Blue.:)

I'm still not sure until I hear more info. I am always sceptical at first but I know I will love the movie in the end. When I heard he was doing a war film I wasn't sure as war isn't my favourite genre but I loved it. The same with Westerns and Django and The Hateful Eight but again I loved them, I don't think his films are ever straight up genre films, they always seem to mix genres so it appeals to everyone.

I'm not sure if the Manson Murders will be a true story which would be something new for Tarantino or a revenge movie where he puts his own spin on it. Either way the cast looks great and I'm sure Tarantino will work his magic again! The guy doesn't know how to make bad films, everything he touches is gold!
True, and a very good point! I love that all of his films are basically comedies (my sister thinks I'm a psycho for finding them funny lol). I remember you once pointing out how Death Proof plays out like a horror, and I'd never seen it that way until you mentioned it... now I appreciate the film a lot more.

Yeah, it's going to be an interesting one for sure. Would love to see him do a true story for the first time, but on the other hand I don't think it'd feel like a true Tarantino film then and I'd maybe be a little disappointed by it -- who am I kidding? It's QT!! The guy can do no wrong!

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill
True, and a very good point! I love that all of his films are basically comedies (my sister thinks I'm a psycho for finding them funny lol). I remember you once pointing out how Death Proof plays out like a horror, and I'd never seen it that way until you mentioned it... now I appreciate the film a lot more.

Yeah, it's going to be an interesting one for sure. Would love to see him do a true story for the first time, but on the other hand I don't think it'd feel like a true Tarantino film then and I'd maybe be a little disappointed by it -- who am I kidding? It's QT!! The guy can do no wrong!
Yeah I was a bit worried that a true story might restrict him but I'm sure it would still be good! I do like the way he plays with history though in his movies. I thought Inglourious Bastards was fantastic the way he changed things up. Hopefully we find out more info on this soon, the only downside is it's gonna be a long wait!

• Thanks
Check out the guy in the back row playing Elvis ............ look familiar?