4K UHD The Martian (4K UHD Blu-ray) [USA]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Pre-order here

martianuhd.jpg

Reactions: lolwut
Apprently according to a LG rep i spoke to UHD Bluray will not work with a UHD Tv unless it has hdmi 2.0a but there will be 3rd party adapters that will make them compatible.

No idea how true this is but i hope its BS.

Apprently according to a LG rep i spoke to UHD Bluray will not work with a UHD Tv unless it has hdmi 2.0a but there will be 3rd party adapters that will make them compatible.

No idea how true this is but i hope its BS.
Well, you do have to upgrade your TV and Bluray player to watch UHD, so why is it surprising to hear you have to upgrade your cable? :)
And of course, 99% of the time there are third party workarounds when to it comes to tech.
Same thing happened when we went from DVD to HD.

And I think, you also need to have the correct HDCP across your devices for this to work. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Well, you do have to upgrade your TV and Bluray player to watch UHD, so why is it surprising to hear you have to upgrade your cable? :)
And of course, 99% of the time there are third party workarounds when to it comes to tech.
Same thing happened when we went from DVD to HD.

And I think, you also need to have the correct HDCP across your devices for this to work. Correct me if I'm wrong.

This has nothing to do with cables its to do with the HDMI Ports on your tv lol i think you have mistaken my post, i have a 4K UHD TV with HDCP 2.2 and HDMI 2.0, but you need 2.0a to watch UHD HDR Bluray is what i was saying. ;)

This has nothing to do with cables its to do with the HDMI Ports on your tv lol i think you have mistaken my post, i have a 4K UHD TV with HDCP 2.2 and HDMI 2.0, but you need 2.0a to watch UHD HDR Bluray is what i was saying. ;)
Ah that's what you meant. I was wondering why you'd think that. In that case, then yes, it was my mistake :D:whistle:

So what CAN we watch with 2.0? Other than HD and below...

Ah that's what you meant. I was wondering why you'd think that. In that case, then yes, it was my mistake :D:whistle:

So what CAN we watch with 2.0? Other than HD and below...

You can watch UHD from USB, and streaming. The thing im hopeing is the player will let us watch UHD Bluray even if it doesnt include the HDR10 metadata.

Reactions: AlienKing
You can watch UHD from USB, and streaming. The thing im hopeing is the player will let us watch UHD Bluray even if it doesnt include the HDR10 metadata.
You can watch UHD Blu-rays. You only need HDMI 2.0 to see them. The only difference is you won't get the HDR effect.

Reactions: AlienKing