Slipcover The Masque of The Red Death (Blu-ray Slipcover) (StudioCanal Vintage Classics) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: January 25, 2021
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £14.99 (Amazon - HMV) - £15.99 (Zavvi)
Notes: Includes booklet and art cards

81J5qkvXj4L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

71z-JcEa31L._AC_SY445_.jpg

Last edited:
Amazon UK have cancelled my order
Email I got from Amazon said Our supplier has informed us that this item is no longer available.
Amazon UK have removed the listing from their website

Looks like it's not happening now or a new release date still to be decided

HMV list now as coming soon instead of showing a release date
Previously they has listed October 26th

Zavvi still have listed as a pre order with release date October 26th but that likely to change to sold out on Monday

• Wow
Reactions: Billy Talent
Amazon UK have cancelled my order
Email I got from Amazon said Our supplier has informed us that this item is no longer available.
Amazon UK have removed the listing from their website

Looks like it's not happening now or a new release date still to be decided

HMV list now as coming soon instead of showing a release date
Previously they has listed October 26th

Zavvi still have listed as a pre order with release date October 26th but that likely to change to sold out on Monday
So what do you think is the problem Paul? Do you think this release has been cancelled? Also, do you know whether the slipcover is limited? Or is standard with this release?

So what do you think is the problem Paul? Do you think this release has been cancelled? Also, do you know whether the slipcover is limited? Or is standard with this release?
It's not been released in UK yet
UK release It's unknown if it's still getting a release at the moment

HMV have as coming soon but that's likely due to them not updating their website listing

Blu-ray releases UK slipcovers are limited to first batch when you have a release that comes with a slip

Reactions: Vegano
Response from StudioCanal...
Masque of the Red Death. Sadly, the release is being delayed that's why it disappeared.
We want to ensure that our releases are to the highest standard possible. However, the release will happen at a later point next year so please have a look out for it

This new version has already had a USA and German release so it's possible most people have purchased it. Maybe a 4k pressing on the cards?

Extras:

NEW: Colour and Censorship in The Masque of The Red Death - Interview With Keith Johnston

NEW: Audio Commentary With Kim Newman and Sean Hogan

Audio Commentary with Roger Corman

Roger Corman: In Conversation with Kim Newman at The BFI

Roger Corman: Behind The Masque

Behind The Scenes Stills Gallery

Booklet written film presevationist at The Academy Tessa Idelwine

Artcards

81J5qkvXj4L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Extras:

NEW: Colour and Censorship in The Masque of The Red Death - Interview With Keith Johnston

NEW: Audio Commentary With Kim Newman and Sean Hogan

Audio Commentary with Roger Corman

Roger Corman: In Conversation with Kim Newman at The BFI

Roger Corman: Behind The Masque

Behind The Scenes Stills Gallery

Booklet written film presevationist at The Academy Tessa Idelwine

Artcards

View attachment 492599
NICE! Love that they’ve added the artcards and booklet - a complete package for a worthy movie.

Amazon UK
£14.99

Those based in EU countries ordering from Amazon UK as price under €22
No vat to be paid
UK 20% vat is removed
Price excluding Vat is £12.49

Haven't seen this movie before. Any recommendation?
Depends whether you are into Corman’s gothic productions - if you’ve seen “The pit and the pendulum” or “Fall of the house of Usher”, for example, and you like them, then it’s a sure bet you will like this. This is an atmospheric, gothic horror also - ominous castle shrouded in fog and mist, Vincent Price presiding over all things evil, and vividly colourful visuals as well........ kind of (Mario) Bava-esque, in places. To me, what’s-not-to-like? If the remaster is top notch them i’m expecting this to look........STUNNING! But we’ll see - i hope it is, because, visually, this film has always looked super. Maybe give it a watch before you buy, if you not sure?

Haven't seen this movie before. Any recommendation?
Maybe the best of the Corman/Poe adaptations and to me a surprise addition to the Vintage Classics Collection which although including a few horror films such as FRIGHT, DON'T LOOK NOW, AND SOON THE DARKNESS (original), QUATERMASS AND THE PIT and DEAD OF NIGHT is mostly made up of classic Brit comedies and dramas from the 1940-1960s.
Give us already Witchfinder General aka The Conqueror Worm !
Odeon: released in the UK in 2011
1611145114615.png

WITCHFINDER GENERAL actress Hilary Dwyer RIP last April due to COVID-19 complications.
1611145387435.png

Reactions: jumbojack