The Matrix (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 45) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: February 13, 2023
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Double Lenti (Pre-order on December 2 at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $129.98 (Box Set) - $52.99 (Full Slip) - $53.99 (Double Lenti)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Box Set - Full Slip - Double Lenti

Notes: WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
Box Set: 900 Sets, Numbered 1-900. Glow in the Dark, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing.
Full Slip: 1500 Units, Numbered 1-1500. Glow in the Dark, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing
Double Lenti: 1500 Units, Numbered 1-1500. 3D + Flip Lenticular x 2, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing.
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On.

92FADD48-0003-4DF5-A667-B535FC5104CB.jpeg
A7595ADC-FDFA-47A0-A61C-2B350CDAF384.jpeg
839F42C3-CDB1-4B4B-BD82-89B84135F98B.jpeg

If I remember correctly, one of the sequels (Reloaded?) was one of just a few movies in recent years that's had a lenticular theatrical poster. So there's already an interesting lenti connection with the series, which hopefully will continue with Manta.

I really disliked the sequels when I saw them (when they were new). Is there any reason that I might see them differently now, or are they basically not worth revisiting?

Manta seems to be on track for using only the official art we've already seen on a bunch of prior releases, right? The only official poster that hasn't been used a lot and would be kind of interesting (in my opinion) is this one:

xl_41430_0133093_97949851.jpg

If they could get permission to use concept art from the Art of The Matrix book (which used this poster art as the cover) as part of the edition, then that could be quite cool and distinctive.

• Wow
Reactions: gAnX
Would be cool if they did what HD Zeta did with the Christopher Nolan Batman Trilogy and do the box for all three.
Would be amazing but unaffordable. Also the last film is just plain bad IMO. And a lot of people hate the second film too, but I actually like that one. But I'm a sucker for philosophy so I'm really biased with that one. But I think people will be happy enough with just the first one.

Reactions: jonnybobbytimmy
Would be amazing but unaffordable. Also the last film is just plain bad IMO. And a lot of people hate the second film too, but I actually like that one. But I'm a sucker for philosophy so I'm really biased with that one. But I think people will be happy enough with just the first one.

Yeah the last film isn't great but imo The Dark Knight Rises wasn't that great either. It was definitely better than Revolutions but still very meh.

Reactions: zeebeer
Yeah the last film isn't great but imo The Dark Knight Rises wasn't that great either. It was definitely better than Revolutions but still very meh.
I preferred TDKR too. I really don't think TDKR is bad actually. Story and screenplay wise it's pretty bad but it's entertaining as hell IMO so I still enjoy watching it. Revolutions is philosophically less interesting than the first two movies and it's not really entertaining for me.

Reactions: Jnavotheman
Manta seems to be on track for using only the official art we've already seen on a bunch of prior releases, right? The only official poster that hasn't been used a lot and would be kind of interesting (in my opinion) is this one:

xl_41430_0133093_97949851.jpg

If they could get permission to use concept art from the Art of The Matrix book (which used this poster art as the cover) as part of the edition, then that could be quite cool and distinctive.

I do quite like this but it don’t really scream matrix to me

I would still buy reloaded and revolutions in premium format (by manta) but tbh I’m only really interested in the first.

I wouldn’t be disappointed if they never tackled them but I’d buy them if they did lol

Reactions: Noodles and Shark
I just want them to do a lenti with the bullet dodging scene. Imagine those bullets all being at a slightly different depth, cirkling around Keanu. And with the green letters on the back of the slip like @ethnosax said.
If they do something like that and pull it off well I'll instantly forgive manta for their past 9 months that were filled mostly with mediocre releases.