USA
Release date: November 12, 2012
Purchase links:
Amazon.co.uk
or
HMV.com

1000335971.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I just ordered the white one from Japan so I hope it's not but hey, that's just the way it is. Getting all pissed off because a movie you paid x amount of $ for from where ever and now it's getting released right in your own backyard si just silly.
It quite clear that the the studios have many different markeds and can and will release a movie in the UK, USA and Japan just a few months apart if they like.
If you consider yourself a citizen of the world first and foremost then you can call it a re-release but if don't then it's not actually a re-release.

Sorry for starting this debate in this thread also but I just got on a rant after mentioning that I've just bought the white Japan steelbook of The Matrix. :p

Last edited:
Reactions: gaeljet
I just ordered the white one from Japan so I hope it's not but hey, that's just the way it is. Getting all pissed off because a movie you paid x amount of $ for from where ever and now it's getting released right in your own backyard si just silly.
It quite clear that the the studios have many different markeds and can and will release a movie in the UK, USA and Japan just a few months apart if they like.
If you consider yourself a citizen of the world first and foremost then you can call it a re-release but if don't then it's not actually a re-release.

Sorry for starting this debate in this thread also but I just got on a rant after mentioning that I've just bought the white Japan steelbook of The Matrix. :p

You just had to go there didn't you... :hilarious: just kidding!

I don't mind people expressing there dislike for re-issues, its all good.

Look at it this way, lifes a gamble, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. (hmm... thats probably a movie quote from something :movie:)

You're absolutely right. Sometimes you buy something from Japan and pay through the nose and then it gets re-released in Germany for a fifth of the price.
Btw, I wasn't say wether I dislike or like re-releases. I just know that thinking the studio is doing something wrong when they do it is just silly and very narcissistic. They wanna make money and like I said, they have tons of markeds to distribute to.

But I do get that people might feel bad about movies being re-released or released with exactly the same artwork that another marked had.

I'm also hoping this is the white one or something completely new. Either way, I'm really glad to see the UK getting a bit more attention now when it comes to steelbooks. :D

Thing is, once you have it in your collection, you have it in your collection. What you paid for it doesn't really matter - the money has already been spent and you've agreed the value. If you just want it for your collection then you believe it is worth at least the value you paid, and if you want it for trading then you have an amount equal or less than you think it is valued. You still have the product to use for whatever you want.

i have to say, regardless of the foriegn text, the cost of importing asian steels puts me right off them.
i dont value any steelbook at £50+, and certainly not if £25 or so is p&p costs.
i have a mortgage to pay,2 cars to run, 2 kids to feed, and a greedy incompetant government to contend with.
My income isnt high enough to warrent paying extortionate figures for steelbooks (and im sure many other collectors are in the same boat as me) so the fact that we can back back catologue titles from our own stores (with free p&p) for £10 or just above is a godsend.
i have paid no attantion at all to any other countires steels all year.

Yeah, but can't you just picture the cover and back, I mean all the great illustrations, there were so many great images in beautiful living color. We can dream.

Can't believe the prices these are going for. I'll be passing on them all at this rate. :(

I wonder what the secret is with the artwork on these. Surely if it's the same as the digibooks they'd have released it already. Get a move on Warner

Makes you take your hat off to play.com for pricing their exclusive releases so reasonably in comparison to these.