Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Released: July 3, 2019
Purchase: Zavvi
Price: £36.99
Notes: Green with White Starburst Vinyl Edition – Limited to 330 pieces

12127859-1474673298264123.jpeg12127859-3854673298532920.jpeg

Zavvi are proud to present The Matrix: Music from the Motion Picture - Limited Green with White Starburst Vinyl Edition (Limited to 330 pieces)

• Released in 1999 at the Height of Y2K Anxiety, The Matrix Ranks as One of the Greatest Science Fiction Films of All Time
  • A Trend-Setting Blend of Japanese Animé, Hong Kong Martial Arts Films, Cyperpunk Sci-Fi, and Hacker Hero Worship
  • Its Paranoid View of a Grim Future Marked by Blanket Surveillance and Pathological Interconnectedness Looks More Prophetic by the Day
  • The Soundtrack to The Matrix Was Similarly Forward-Looking, Eschewing the Obligatory Blues- Based Heavy Metal Guitar Rock for the Breakbeat and Electronic Sounds Making Inroads into Popular Music at the Time
  • A Neck Snapping Blend of Electronica, Hip Hop, and Stoner Metal Perfectly in Tune with the Film’s Cinematographic “Bullet Time” Innovations
  • Features Such Artists as Marilyn Manson, Deftones, Ministry, Rage Against the Machine, Prodigy, and Rammstein
  • Real Gone Music’s 2-LP Set Comes in a Newly Designed Gatefold Package Featuring Production Stills from the Film
Every decade or so a science fiction film comes along that captures the Zeitgeist and simultaneously casts a searchlight into the murk of what’s to come. Such a film was The Matrix. Released in 1999 to a public already grappling with huge technological change and subject to Y2K hysteria whipped up by the media, The Matrix wove such au courant tropes as Japanese animé, Hong Kong martial arts films, cyperpunk sci-fi, and hacker hero worship into a tale of druggy paranoia whose vision of a grim future marked with universal surveillance and pathological interconnectedness actually looks less paranoid by the day. And its soundtrack was similarly forward-looking. Instead of offering the blues-based, heavy metal rock that might have populated the score had the movie been made a decade before, The Matrix tapped into the new, breakbeat electronic sounds making inroads into popular music. The result was a propulsive audio ride perfectly mated to the film’s cinematographic “bullet time” innovations, a doom-laden, neck-snapping blend of stoner metal, hip hop and electronica.

Tracklist:

Side 1:
  • Rock Is Dead - Marilyn Manson
  • Spybreak! (Short One) – Propellerheads
  • Bad Blood - Ministry
Side 2:
  • Clubbed to Death (Kurayamino Mix) - Rob D
  • Prime Audio Soup - Meat Beat Manifesto
  • Leave You Far Behind - Lunatic Calm
Side 3:
  • Mindfields – Prodigy
  • Dragula (Hot Rod Herman Remix) - Rob Zombie
  • My Own Summer (Shove It) – Deftones
  • Ultrasonic Sound – Hive
Side 4:
  • Look to Your Orb for Warning - Monster Magnet
  • Du Hast - Rammstein
  • Wake Up - Rage Against the Machine

• Informative
Reactions: bloodsnake007
I couldn't get the 10% code to work on this unfortunately... plus there's the 99p shipping charge (for UK) , but as a huge Matrix fan, I couldn't resist!

@Flloydo @paulboland @AlienKing @spass @Travis Bickle @bloodsnake007 @C.C. 95 @Tacozilla @comICS-soon

Lots of other Matrix fans on here, but I can't remember them all, so sorry if I've missed you. :dunno:
Thanks for the tag I have known about this release since over a month ago
Real gone music have a few different colour vinyl variants of this release

You can also pre order this red/black variant direct from real gone music and Amazon
Release date June 14th 2019
The_Matrix_1024x1024.jpg

I prefer the film score and have I that already

Songs from the film only a few I like most of the other tracks I don't

You can also pre order this red/black variant direct from real gone music and Amazon
View attachment 427990

On the plus side - I think the Matrix remix version of Rob Zombie's Dragula is better than the original version.

View attachment 427990

Lol yeah, no kidding... not long after posting this I started to recall picking up the Matrix OST some months ago, so I had a look through my collection and it turned out to be this exact release but with white vinyl. My memory is honestly the worst! :wacky:

Reactions: paulboland
See that earlier but the code didn’t work. Will maybe pick up after release
No rush I suppose... seems there's plenty of different coloured versions out there anyway, not that I can see this selling out any time soon though.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Released: July 3, 2019
Purchase: Zavvi
Price: £36.99
Notes: Green with White Starburst Vinyl Edition – Limited to 330 pieces

View attachment 427979View attachment 427980

View attachment 427990

Here's the "white rabbit" vinyl version I got if anyone's interested...
https://www.recordstore.co.uk/recor...tore-Exclusive-White-Rabbit-Vinyl/5YHD0000000

It's exclusive to that store and also limited to 300. ;)
Wait...WHAT!? So how many are there in total? 3?
Because I want them all!!! :D

• Haha
Reactions: Noodles