3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 3 Votes
Title: The Matrix 4

Tagline: Return to the source.

Genre: Action, Science Fiction

Director: Lana Wachowski

Cast: Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Anne Moss

Release: 2021-22-12

Runtime: 157

Plot: The fourth installment in The Matrix franchise. Plot unknown.

Reactions: domalorite
Reeves has said for a while that he'd be up for returning to The Matrix world... I remember him discussing it in an interview years ago, same with the Wachowski's. Warner Bros are going down hill fast if you ask me... they're completely mucking up the DC universe (mostly Batman) and now this?!

I'd be ECSTATIC if it was a sequel or prequel, but the words 'reboot', 'relaunch', and 'remake' should never be attached to The Matrix. Keanu just finished saying last week that he'd be interested in a fourth if the Wachowskis returned, so Warner should just be throwing money at them right now to get a proper installment going.

Reeves has said for a while that he'd be up for returning to The Matrix world... I remember him discussing it in an interview years ago, same with the Wachowski's. Warner Bros are going down hill fast if you ask me... they're completely mucking up the DC universe (mostly Batman) and now this?!
May be they dont want Reeves or Wachowskis because they'd have to throw a lot of money in. With new cast, they're probably hoping to spend as little amount as possible and cash-in on the hype and the 'Matrix' name alone. Many will flock to the theaters for the name alone; even just out of curiosity.

What they did with DC is definitely arguable, but i do like what they did with Supes. I will give them that.

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon and Noodles
A continuation of the story with the old cast would interest me, but a reboot? NO THANKS! :vomit:

could not agree more, studios think hmm we own this how can me make money?
i know lets reboot it aka spiderman as one poor example.
i don't bother with reboots period.
they should just make the 4th film and throw some money at it they just might surprise themselves at how well it could do but unfouranately they just don't think, its all over a starbucks and 30 seconds later exec has made decision :rolleyes:

basil :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon and Noodles
May be they dont want Reeves or Wachowskis because they'd have to throw a lot of money in. With new cast, they're probably hoping to spend as little amount as possible and cash-in on the hype and the 'Matrix' name alone. Many will flock to the theaters for the name alone; even just out of curiosity.

What they did with DC is definitely arguable, but i do like what they did with Supes. I will give them that.
Don't get me wrong, I love both MoS & BvS and also can't wait for Justice League... I just feel like they're rushing everything though and missing out on so many other cool possibilities with the characters. One thing they could learn from Marvel is to take their time and introduce each character with a solo movie first... but maybe it's just me that would prefer it that way.

could not agree more, studios think hmm we own this how can me make money?
i know lets reboot it aka spiderman as one poor example.
i don't bother with reboots period.
they should just make the 4th film and throw some money at it they just might surprise themselves at how well it could do but unfouranately they just don't think, its all over a starbucks and 30 seconds later exec has made decision :rolleyes:

basil :thumbs:
Exactly! A new movie with the old cast would rake in cash... I mean, look at the previous sequels. Keanu is back on form now too and becoming very popular again with new and old fans, so that's another reason why continuing where they left off would be a better idea IMO.

No no no no no no no no and no

Literally just seen all this nonsense

The Matrix is my all time favourite film and I do not want to see a remake or reboot etc

I would be open to a 4th film as a sequel but only if the originals are attached. A matrix film without Keanu and Larry is not a matrix film. But It would have to be much better than the 3rd (I don't mind the 2nd)

Some good news:

Zak Penn, the screenwriter reported to be in negotiations to pen the treatment for the so-called reboot, has spoken up on Twitter, and while he obviously can’t say much, he does seem to strike down the notion that this Matrix movie is a genuine reboot:

the studio was looking to how Marvel and Lucasfilm were building out their franchises for inspiration. And just as Marvel Studios established the “interconnected universe” model, it appears that Lucasfilm’s trend of telling new stories about characters we already know in films like Rogue One and the upcoming Han Solo movie could be a new model of its own.

This also further explains why Michael B. Jordan is an early contender to lead this new Matrix movie. It’s possible he’s actually being eyed to play young Morpheus in a film set within the Matrix universe that the Wachowski siblings established.

XxED_f-maxage-0.gif

Don't get me wrong, I love both MoS & BvS and also can't wait for Justice League... I just feel like they're rushing everything though and missing out on so many other cool possibilities with the characters. One thing they could learn from Marvel is to take their time and introduce each character with a solo movie first... but maybe it's just me that would prefer it that way.
I agree about the rushing part. But i look past it because i just love seeing these characters on screen. Especially the Trinity :)naughty:;))

The Matrix is my all time favourite film
:woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:
Welcome to the club! :thumbs:

Some good news:

Zak Penn, the screenwriter reported to be in negotiations to pen the treatment for the so-called reboot, has spoken up on Twitter, and while he obviously can’t say much, he does seem to strike down the notion that this Matrix movie is a genuine reboot:

the studio was looking to how Marvel and Lucasfilm were building out their franchises for inspiration. And just as Marvel Studios established the “interconnected universe” model, it appears that Lucasfilm’s trend of telling new stories about characters we already know in films like Rogue One and the upcoming Han Solo movie could be a new model of its own.

This also further explains why Michael B. Jordan is an early contender to lead this new Matrix movie. It’s possible he’s actually being eyed to play young Morpheus in a film set within the Matrix universe that the Wachowski siblings established.

I just read about this. If they are going the "Rogue One" route then i wont be offended.

Some good news:

Hmm that gives me a little hope then... I'd at least be open to a movie that acknowledges the previous movies and characters. A reboot/remake wouldn't work at all and there's seriously no need for one!

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
The Matrix was such a thought provoking movie at the time.
An original one off that gets sequels could not match
Out a lot of remakes reboots etc this is one that should not be redone.

Just watched the original again yesterday and it is still awesome

I just read somewhere that this will a prequel that will follow a young Morpheus storyline (hence the studio looking to get Michael B Jordan; he hasnt been cast yet)

I just read somewhere that this will a prequel that will follow a young Morpheus storyline (hence the studio looking to get Michael B Jordan; he hasnt been cast yet)

I read that on Sunday too

I could accept that but I'm not sure about michael b Jordan.
I like him to a degree but he's no Morpheus

If they do go that route I hope they find someone else

Nah, I'm still not sure if I like boyega. I love him in attack the block when he's a rude boy so it's weird seeing him in other roles lol

Plus I'm not 100% on his American accent

Nah Morpheus has to be someone better then Jordan or boyega and they need a deep voice