3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 3 Votes
Title: The Matrix 4

Tagline: Return to the source.

Genre: Action, Science Fiction

Director: Lana Wachowski

Cast: Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Anne Moss

Release: 2021-22-12

Runtime: 157

Plot: The fourth installment in The Matrix franchise. Plot unknown.

Reactions: domalorite
I read that on Sunday too

I could accept that but I'm not sure about michael b Jordan.
I like him to a degree but he's no Morpheus

If they do go that route I hope they find someone else
I've only watched Fantastic 4 and that movie sucked and he didnt really stand out from the crowd. People are saying he's really good in Creed, but i have yet to watch that movie.

And i've only seen Boyega in The Force Awakens and i'm not convinced he can play Morpheus (he was breathing heavily almost every scene he was in while Morpheus barely ever breathes :rofl: ). But if it's down to these two then i think i'd prefer Boyega over Jordan from what i've seen.

Reactions: Flloydo
Nah, I'm still not sure if I like boyega. I love him in attack the block when he's a rude boy so it's weird seeing him in other roles lol

Plus I'm not 100% on his American accent

Nah Morpheus has to be someone better then Jordan or boyega and they need a deep voice

Honestly, Mike Colter (who plays Luke Cage) could play a young Lawrence Fishburne quite well.

Yes..... He's the only one who can play Morpheus

Haha, **** that!!

I've only watched Fantastic 4 and that movie sucked and he didnt really stand out from the crowd. People are saying he's really good in Creed, but i have yet to watch that movie.

And i've only seen Boyega in The Force Awakens and i'm not convinced he can play Morpheus (he was breathing heavily almost every scene he was in while Morpheus barely ever breathes :rofl: ). But if it's down to these two then i think i'd prefer Boyega over Jordan from what i've seen.

Yeah none of them were that great in F4 (and I really like miles teller) and I haven't seen creed yet (I hear good things) but I really like him in chronicle. Have you seen that?

And so true about boyega and his breathing

Honestly, Mike Colter (who plays Luke Cage) could play a young Lawrence Fishburne quite well.

Not a bad shout to be honest

Throwing another one out there... Daniel Kaluuya. I've not seen him in any major roles, but people are raving about him in Get Out.

Daniel_Kaluuya.jpg

• Thanks
Throwing another one out there... Daniel Kaluuya. I've not seen him in any major roles, but people are raving about him in Get Out.

View attachment 301981

I was going to mention him in my last post but then I looked him up again and didn't think he had the larry look BUT he actually does in that pic a bit

His voice isn't very Morpheus though.

Ah man I need to see get out, was supposed to on Sunday but didn't in the end

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
I was going to mention him in my last post but then I looked him up again and didn't think he had the larry look BUT he actually does in that pic a bit

His voice isn't very Morpheus though.

Ah man I need to see get out, was supposed to on Sunday but didn't in the end
I think they're going to struggle to find anyone who looks exactly like a younger Fishburne... MBJ probably being the furthest from any likeness to him if you ask me. I couldn't really recall what Kaluuya sounded like to be honest, so I just rewatched the Get Out trailer and he puts on a rather convincing American Accent IMO (better than Boyega at least).

Well, be sure to let me know what you think of Get Out if/when you do get around to seeing it! I'm often pretty dubious when it comes to those types of horror/thrillers nowadays, as everyone raves about them, then when I finally check them out I find them to be rubbish... The Visit and Hush being ones I can think of off the top of my head.

• Thanks
I think they're going to struggle to find anyone who looks exactly like a younger Fishburne... MBJ probably being the furthest from any likeness to him if you ask me. I couldn't really recall what Kaluuya sounded like to be honest, so I just rewatched the Get Out trailer and he puts on a rather convincing American Accent IMO (better than Boyega at least).

Well, be sure to let me know what you think of Get Out if/when you do get around to seeing it! I'm often pretty dubious when it comes to those types of horror/thrillers nowadays, as everyone raves about them, then when I finally check them out I find them to be rubbish... The Visit and Hush being ones I can think of off the top of my head.

I didn't even know he was English!

Get out looks different league plus it's a psychological thriller horror comedy so that ticks all the boxes, reviews from critics and the norms have been excellent too and the trailer had me a day 1! Looks like a messed up film and hopefully impresses me like green room or don't breathe for example but I think it will be better than those combined

Haven't seen or heard of hush but I didn't mind the visit. Could of been better but still Very different to M night S previous work (but I do have a soft spot for found footage and that kinda paid off for me) Infact I wasn't even aware it was him when I was watching it, same as split.

Yeah it is going to be hard to get a true likeness for larry, he's one of a kind

• Thanks
I didn't even know he was English!

Get out looks different league plus it's a psychological thriller horror comedy so that ticks all the boxes, reviews from critics and the norms have been excellent too and the trailer had me a day 1! Looks like a messed up film and hopefully impresses me like green room or don't breathe for example but I think it will be better than those combined

Haven't seen or heard of hush but I didn't mind the visit. Could of been better but still Very different to M night S previous work (but I do have a soft spot for found footage and that kinda paid off for me) Infact I wasn't even aware it was him when I was watching it, same as split.

Yeah it is going to be hard to get a true likeness for larry, he's one of a kind
Neither did I until Samuel L Jackson was in the news recently about a comment he made towards English black actors.

That's exactly what I mean though mate... reviews for Get Out are generally very good, which makes me think I'll probably dislike it, because that's usually the case for me when it comes to horrors/thrillers for some reason. Green Room is another one... I can't understand its popularity at all, as there's really nothing special nor different about it. Still need to check out Don't Breathe though!

Well, you should definitely give Hush a watch since most seem to like it and I have a feeling you will too. I think the main reason I was so disappointed with The Visit is because people kept comparing it to Shyamalan's previous successes and saying he's back on form, which wasn't the case IMO. Saying that, I am looking forward to seeing Split! :D

P.S. I've never seen anyone refer to Lawrence Fishburne as "Larry" until now. :p

• Thanks
Neither did I until Samuel L Jackson was in the news recently about a comment he made towards English black actors.

That's exactly what I mean though mate... reviews for Get Out are generally very good, which makes me think I'll probably dislike it, because that's usually the case for me when it comes to horrors/thrillers for some reason. Green Room is another one... I can't understand its popularity at all, as there's really nothing special nor different about it. Still need to check out Don't Breathe though!

Well, you should definitely give Hush a watch since most seem to like it and I have a feeling you will too. I think the main reason I was so disappointed with The Visit is because people kept comparing it to Shyamalan's previous successes and saying he's back on form, which wasn't the case IMO. Saying that, I am looking forward to seeing Split! :D

P.S. I've never seen anyone refer to Lawrence Fishburne as "Larry" until now. :p

I haven't read that (what Sam L has said - I only found out about the London attack at 9pm last night! - thats how behind I am with watching news)

Green room isn't ahead of its time or a genius script but I think because of how basic it is but executed very well. Also the violence is awesome and sometimes I think it's that element that favours the reviews plus the whole underground Neo nazi weird sh*t in that instance just worked, decent cast too. I loved blue ruin and everytime the violence sucks me in like a Tarantino explosion. Same with cold in July (again all rounder - great acting, story, violence, music, mystery etc).
And the same with don't breathe, nothing special but it's the situation they put themselves in with a ninja blind man and that element is scary (especially after you see what he can do) plus the situation keeps getting more messed up with one thing after another (it's like gravity but in a old house lol)

You probably won't like don't breathe if your not into everything we have said but I still reccomend it, you never know. I loved it and it's so Grimm too

I just watched the hush trailer, looks ok. I'll check it out.

Nah m night isn't "back" on form but I like this new direction. Thing is with m night is he made 4 great films in a row IMO and then 4 awful ones. Came back with the visit and split with a slight reinvention of his style and it seems to be working

I watched split last night, really enjoyed it and McAvoy as usual is a beast!!!
but not sure about its ending

Haha he will always be Larry to me (or furious - boyz n the hood)

Last edited:
  • Thanks
I haven't read that (what Sam L has said - I only found out about the London attack at 9pm last night! - thats how behind I am with watching news)

Green room isn't ahead of its time or a genius script but I think because of how basic it is but executed very well. Also the violence is awesome and sometimes I think it's that element that favours the reviews plus the whole underground Neo nazi weird sh*t in that instance just worked, decent cast too. I loved blue ruin and everytime the violence sucks me in like a Tarantino explosion. Same with cold in July (again all rounder - great acting, story, violence, music, mystery etc).
And the same with don't breathe, nothing special but it's the situation they put themselves in with a ninja blind man and that element is scary (especially after you see what he can do) plus the situation keeps getting more messed up with one thing after another (it's like gravity but in a old house lol)

You probably won't like don't breathe if your not into everything we have said but I still reccomend it, you never know. I loved it and it's so Grimm too

I just watched the hush trailer, looks ok. I'll check it out.

Nah m night isn't "back" on form but I like this new direction. Thing is with m night is he made 4 great films in a row IMO and then 4 awful ones. Came back with the visit and split with a slight reinvention of his style and it seems to be working

I watched split last night, really enjoyed it and McAvoy as usual is a beast!!!
but not sure about its ending

Haha he will always be Larry to me (or furious - boyz n the hood)
See, I didn't even find Green Room that violent... not compared to most films nowadays anyway. I did enjoy Blue Ruin and Cold in July... still not as much as most seem to though. I'll definitely check out Don't Breathe at some point, since the plot actually sounds interesting to me.

I look forward to hearing what you think about Hush. I can't for the life of me figure out why people liked it so much... it's not really anything we haven't already seen before, and it's one of those films where the victim makes idiotic decisions so you just end siding with the villain because you want them to die lol.

I completely agree with you there... he did four amazing movies in a row where the twists genuinely shocked me. I understand it's impossible to keep coming up with original ideas, but it felt like he wasn't even trying after that. Despite me not really liking The Visit, I commend him for trying to bring back the shock factor he once had.

Can't wait to see Split, because the trailer alone had me hooked! Hopefully I'm able to continue avoiding spoilers until its home release. :ohno:

Ohhh didn't realise you were calling him by his Boyz n the Hood character name... I just thought you were shortening Laurence to Larry. :LOL:

• Thanks
See, I didn't even find Green Room that violent... not compared to most films nowadays anyway. I did enjoy Blue Ruin and Cold in July... still not as much as most seem to though. I'll definitely check out Don't Breathe at some point, since the plot actually sounds interesting to me.

I look forward to hearing what you think about Hush. I can't for the life of me figure out why people liked it so much... it's not really anything we haven't already seen before, and it's one of those films where the victim makes idiotic decisions so you just end siding with the villain because you want them to die lol.

I completely agree with you there... he did four amazing movies in a row where the twists genuinely shocked me. I understand it's impossible to keep coming up with original ideas, but it felt like he wasn't even trying after that. Despite me not really liking The Visit, I commend him for trying to bring back the shock factor he once had.

Can't wait to see Split, because the trailer alone had me hooked! Hopefully I'm able to continue avoiding spoilers until its home release. :ohno:

Ohhh didn't realise you were calling him by his Boyz n the Hood character name... I just thought you were shortening Laurence to Larry. :LOL:

I just watched hush lol

Thought it was great, didn't realise it was that ghallager from 10cl

Really enjoyed it. Very violent too. What stupid decisions? He was more stupid wanting to play with her and not being able to smash a small upstairs thin window. She did well considering

I don't think you will like don't breathe. It's essentially hush but with a guy who's blind. Obviously different story and reasoning etc but equally as good IMO

I know it's not anything we haven't seen before but those kind of films tend to shy away from violence nowadays and nothing really happens whereas I thought quite a lot happened in that and some scenes that were uneasy to watch, shocked me a little like her cramped hand. That's what horror fans want I suppose and that delivered with decent acting and characters

Let me know when you see split and don't breathe. Wana hear what you think.
My guess is you'll like split but also bits will annoy you.
And I really don't know with don't breathe tbh, could go either way with you lol
I think I prefer don't breathe to hush though, preferred the way it was filmed too

No he's called furious in boyz n the hood. That's when he used to go by Larry fishburne

All his early films are credited "Larry fishburne"

• Thanks
I just watched hush lol

Thought it was great, didn't realise it was that ghallager from 10cl

Really enjoyed it. Very violent too. What stupid decisions? He was more stupid wanting to play with her and not being able to smash a small upstairs thin window. She did well considering

I don't think you will like don't breathe. It's essentially hush but with a guy who's blind. Obviously different story and reasoning etc but equally as good IMO

I know it's not anything we haven't seen before but those kind of films tend to shy away from violence nowadays and nothing really happens whereas I thought quite a lot happened in that and some scenes that were uneasy to watch, shocked me a little like her cramped hand. That's what horror fans want I suppose and that delivered with decent acting and characters

Let me know when you see split and don't breathe. Wana hear what you think.
My guess is you'll like split but also bits will annoy you.
And I really don't know with don't breathe tbh, could go either way with you lol
I think I prefer don't breathe to hush though, preferred the way it was filmed too

No he's called furious in boyz n the hood. That's when he used to go by Larry fishburne

All his early films are credited "Larry fishburne"
To be honest, I can't remember too much about it... I just remember being annoyed by some of the decisions that were made, and now that you mention it I think he was just as much an idiot as her. Glad you managed to find it enjoyable though mate. :thumbs:

Hmm maybe not then, but I'll still give it a shot... better to watch it and know for sure than to avoid it and risk the chance of missing out on something I may actually like. You're probably right though! :p

I literally just got done watching Split, but we've gone way off topic in here, so I'll post my thoughts in the Split thread and tag you. ;)

Ah, my bad... didn't know that about him! I guess Laurence wasn't "hip" for a black guy back in those days lol.

• Thanks
There’s a fourth Matrix movie on the way and, contrary to previous reports, the Wachowskis will be involved. That’s according to John Wick 3 director Chad Stahelski, who worked on the original trilogy.

“I’m super happy that the Wachowskis are not just doing a Matrix, but they’re expanding what we all loved,” Stahelski told Yahoo Movies UK. “And if it’s anywhere near the level of what they’ve already done, it wouldn’t take more than a call to go, ‘Hey, we want you to be a stunt guy’ and I would probably go and get hit by a car.”

Surprised, we followed up by asking if the Wachowskis were directing the new film. “I’m not sure of the overall,” Stahelski replied. “I’m not sure if Lana is.”

But they’re involved? “Yeah. And if they wanted help, I would absolutely put down whatever I was doing to help them.”

SOURCE