3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 3 Votes
Title: The Matrix 4

Tagline: Return to the source.

Genre: Action, Science Fiction

Director: Lana Wachowski

Cast: Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Anne Moss

Release: 2021-22-12

Runtime: 157

Plot: The fourth installment in The Matrix franchise. Plot unknown.

Reactions: domalorite
Personally I don't think a continuation is necessary... Neo's story ended as far as I'm concerned. A prequel (following Morpheus) on the other hand... count me in! :D

Reactions: Drum18
I don’t think they need to add any more films to this franchise. The first one was great but the other 2 paled in comparison. Who knows how this could turn out.

Reeves did mention that if the Wachowski's were involved he would come back, so if they decide to have Neo appear, at least he is game.

I don’t think they need to add any more films to this franchise. The first one was great but the other 2 paled in comparison. Who knows how this could turn out.
I think no matter how great the movie turn out, it will not live up to any of our expectations. As for the this generation of people watching, i dont think there's any movie that would "wow" them in this day and age like Matrix did back in '99.
Some of the Animatrix stories were fantastic so if they built on one of the better ones of those i’d Be game for a full movie
This.
Instead of trying to create another 'universe' or franchise, they should do stories from within the Matrix world. They needn't be sequels or prequels. Just good stories. One could only hope, right?

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill
Some of the Animatrix stories were fantastic so if they built on one of the better ones of those i’d Be game for a full movie

This.
Instead of trying to create another 'universe' or franchise, they should do stories from within the Matrix world. They needn't be sequels or prequels. Just good stories. One could only hope, right?
That would actually be a lot more exciting/interesting!

• Thanks
Reactions: AlienKing
Thing is they have fantastic groundwork in MOST animatrix shorts, they just need to build and elaborate on those.
I would love to see the story of how the machine turned on man, culminating wih a bing 3rd act War, on the big screen.

Then again, there was a bit of a gap between the first and second movie so maybe it would be set between with a spin off styles adventure....only way I can see Neo coming back.
Unless they do some force ghost/A.I. From beyond the grave style bullshit

Reactions: Noodles
Thing is they have fantastic groundwork in MOST animatrix shorts, they just need to build and elaborate on those.
I would love to see the story of how the machine turned on man, culminating wih a bing 3rd act War, on the big screen.

Then again, there was a bit of a gap between the first and second movie so maybe it would be set between with a spin off styles adventure....only way I can see Neo coming back.
Unless they do some force ghost/A.I. From beyond the grave style bullshit
A.I. Neo? No thanks :stop::banghead::facepalm:

Ffs when I heard the rumours I was hoping it wasn’t true. I suppose with the comeback of keanu over the past years it makes sense he was going to sign up. And I adore keanu and matrix is my all time favourite film but I’m just not sure. And I’m one of those weirdos who don’t mind reloaded.

A part of me can’t wait for more but the other part is just ‘leave it alone’

Reactions: AlienKing
This could really be some exciting news. This is one of those films I remember seeing in the theaters.

The Matrix was one of those films that revolutionized filming. I remember that scene at the beginning where Trinity kicked that cop was so incredible that even CBS used that style of filming in the Superbowl (when Raven's won it & Ray Lewis was in legal trouble).

Last edited:
Reactions: IRON MAN
Fingers (and toes) crossed.
Please don't screw it up!

I hope so too. Weird that she’s back. Great but weird.

Seriously though, don’t fucccck it up. Maybe like recent trends (halloween for example) they can just make what the 3rd should of been so we can ignore that one lol

A part of me can’t wait for more but the other part is just ‘leave it alone’
I share Flloydo's sentiments. As much as I want more, I'm also like 'leave it alone please'. I would've been all in for the spinoffs or prequels or whatever. But a direct sequel...I dont want them to screw it up.
So many screw up of classics that i have no faith in sequels/remakes of classics anymore. Best case scenario - we get a BR2049. Amazing film but flopped at the box office which tells me mainstream audience hated it. And because of that no talk of sequels/continuing the story.

Fingers (and toes) crossed.
Please don't screw it up!
How are they even planning to continue with Keanu? De-age him like Samuel Jackson in Captain Marvel? I mean they can easily make him look like he's in his 30s without CGI :shipped: So i guess they are at an advantage here :LOL:

Reactions: C.C. 95 and Flloydo