The Matrix Reloaded (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 46) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: April 10, 2023
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Double Lenti (Pre-order on February 10, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: TBA
Group buy: hosted by Aniv TBA

Note: WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
Box Set: Glow in the Dark, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing. 900 Sets.
Full Slip: Glow in the Dark, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing. 1500 Units, Numbered 1-1500.
Double Lenti: 2 x 3D + Flip Lenticular, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing. 1500 Units, Numbered 1-1500.
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On, Exclusive Matrix Rain Printed Key Set Premium.

Matrix2OverallPackshot_OC_5000x.jpgMatrix2OverallPackshot_FS_5000x.jpgMatrix2OverallPackshot_FS_f8772701-a496-44d3-beff-39f05f09dc84_5000x.jpg

Last edited:
Same WWA steelbooks but Mantas will have a superior finish if I remember correctly. Wasn't there something mentioned about Glow In The Dark?
The steelbook front artworks are the same but the backs are different, IMO I like the manta ones better. I think you're right about the finishes being different but also the I think they said the titles will be debossed or embossed.
I'm not loving the full slip art for this but will grab a full slip for this and revolutions since the steelbooks will look great and since its the matrix. Hopefully the slips look better in-hand.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Honestly don’t know what to think of this

I made the mistake getting the DL for resurrections and was highly disappointed. So I’ve gone for the FS for the first film and was hoping to do the rest for the trilogy. Really not sure what I prefer here. Can’t stand the back of the FS though that’s for sure. If I could get the front FS with the back DL that would of been much better.

Maybe the DL as long as it don’t transition into green code

Edit: says flip lenticular. What an absolute downer

Some clearer shots of the slips. On closer inspection, the FS art looks badly photoshopped together. Never noticed that before.
Also it states the full slip is glow in the dark.

02D4FB26-9563-43DE-9127-BE3B7FFCFFFC.jpeg

743C5210-0CC3-45E9-A71B-F4CEC52006C9.jpeg

Reactions: laz305 and djjez83
NGL I do like the keys :LOL::rofl:

Will probably go for the FS even though I told myself I would skip the rest of the films

• Haha
Reactions: Flloydo
NGL I do like the keys :LOL::rofl:

Will probably go for the FS even though I told myself I would skip the rest of the films
You can probably walk into any key cutting shop/ locksmith and they will do the design for you

So for anyone that's curious, I found this pic of the backs of zavvi boxset steelbooks. I definitely think the steelbooks will be an improvement and worth the purchase but its just a shame the slip artwork isn't the best.

After spending a wee bit more time looking at the slip art I really wish we had just got the original poster artwork for the front art of the full slips, I don't know what the back art would be or what they'd do for the lenti's but I think that art with the level of finish of the back of the 2001 full slip would of been 10/10 and a great trilogy.

I also think that the full slips art not matching is putting me off a bit, still gonna pick up a FS of 2 and 3 but I've got a feeling 3 will match 2 or 3 won't match either, not great either way.

Last thing, is it just me or does the white background look a bit off? Like it's just too much blank space? Could they not have improved it with the green code running down or even the slow mo bullets from the first steelbook? Looking at the full slip for the first matrix I can almost picture a weet esk finish which could look stunning despite the artwork not being optimal but this just looks a bit barron with so much white background to me.

Reactions: laz305
like many, i would have preferred the original poster art :woot:. and i know this series' artwork is not hugely popular, but i really don't actively dislike any of the designs so far. agree it's not a great image for the outside of the OC box, but the spoon bending scene is a pivotal moment in the first film for Neo's development; and the keymaker central to the plot of the sequel, and so on... so i see what Manta were aiming to do. in-hand these designs are often better with Manta, and the boxes will look great together!

anyway... i'll show myself out. :bag:

(although it won't be a complete set unless Revolutions has the Animatrix as an extra.)

Reactions: Mararagan