The Matrix Resurrections (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 48) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: July 29, 2022
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Double Lenti (Pre-order on May 27, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $145.98 (Box Set) - $52.99 (Full Slip) - $53.99 (Double Lenti)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Box Set - Full Slip - Double Lenti

Notes:
WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish.
Box Set: 1000 Sets, Numbered 1-1000. Matrix Reloaded Homage Design, Glow in Dark Effect Embossing, Spot Gloss, Box Set Premium: Glow in Dark Matrix Déjà Vu Cat High End Figure (approximately 10cm).
Full Slip: 1500 Units, Numbered 1-1500. Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing.
Double Lenti: 1500 Units, Numbered 1-1500. 2 x 3D+Flip Lenticular , Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing.
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On.

Matrix4_overall_box_v2_5000x.jpgMatrix_FS_packshot_5000x.jpgMatrix_DLS_packshot_5000x.jpg
Matrix4_steelbook_5000x.jpg

Last edited:
To me it sounds like they forgot to add that to the spec to the factory and these are already in production. So maybe an excuse on their own error but who knows. It don’t sound right to me tho. I’ve seen thin debossing a few times literally the size of that title just like dune and JL
Yeah it does sound like a strange excuse.
Imagine they deboss part 1-3 after telling us it doesn’t work for part 4 tho…… :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: MM3 and Flloydo
They should take $5 off the price for no Debossing on the steelbook
Completely agree. All these finishes and extras cost money. Otherwise every single steel would be embossed or debossed. And this SHOULD reflect on their price. Will only be a few $ but still. Says it all really

Looking back at the font they're proposing to use for 1-3, they can't really give that excuse. Much larger than the Resurrections title...

View attachment 533535
Good point

Everything is still in stock too. Damn this was a bad film and choice, small print run and 2 slips can’t even sell out

I bet they had to release it under some WB contract. Like what happened with war of the planet of the apes. They had a contract with fox to release something by the end of the year in that short time so they went with that. Wouldn’t be surprised if WB said you can only release the trilogy if you release the abomination that is resurrections

No debossing because of the font? So all the other Matrix Steels for part 1-3 will also have no debossing since it’s the same font? Bummer
I hope that's not the case. Like @samdavies just mentioned, the font for Matrix 1-3 is bigger, a little different and in my opinion has a little less "chaos" to it.
Resurrections does have a very complex structure in the font, with some really thin lines. The Matrix 1-3 font should be easier to deboss. At least I hope so lol.

e3fc0ccaebfbe8e4f1bd6ad41b60da96 (2).jpg

The_Matrix_Resurrections_Logo.jpg

Last edited:
I hope that's not the case. Like @samdavies just mentioned, the font for Matrix 1-3 is bigger, a little different and in my opinion has a little less "chaos" to it.
View attachment 533538View attachment 533539

Resurrections does have a very complex structure in the font, with some really thin lines. The Matrix 1-3 font should be easier to do. At least I hope so lol.
Interesting. Never gave the font a second look since I thought they went with the same one for part 4.
Seeing them side by side, I have to say I like the font of the original much more

Nothing to do with costs folks. Whatever adds value to the product they're willing to do it, but in this case:

Only MATRIX can be debossed but the debossing won't be exactly the same as the graphics, because of the thickness of the letters and the spacing around some of them, where there's no connection in the same letter (some areas around 0.2 mm), so that's why they decided to drop it.

It wasn't an easy decision, but since they can't deboss the whole thing and the only thing they can deboss is MATRIX, and it's not going to be a good one, they had to make that decision, rather than half ass it just for the sake of debossing.

Nothing to do with costs folks. Whatever adds value to the product they're willing to do it, but in this case:

Only MATRIX can be debossed but the debossing won't be exactly the same as the graphics, because of the thickness of the letters and the spacing around some of them, where there's no connection in the same letter (some areas around 0.2 mm), so that's why they decided to drop it.

It wasn't an easy decision, but since they can't deboss the whole thing and the only thing they can deboss is MATRIX, and it's not going to be a good one, they had to make that decision, rather than half ass it just for the sake of debossing.
Ah right so it’s the Resurrections part that’s the issue. Fair enough. Still a shame and I don’t think i would of been annoyed if just the matrix was debossed but I get it. Plus if they only debossed the Matrix it makes it out the selling point is the Matrix and not the fourth film. Even though that’s the only selling point of this film lol. Paradox! Shame but I get it

Reactions: samdavies
Everything still available to order, oh dear what a fail :LOL::rofl:
its been all a prank.. obviously they didnt create a premium of a movie that everyone hated.. wait a minute, apparently thereve been two people stupid enough to buy.. to protect them from public humiliation their names are anonymized tho:

fll___o
tha_lu__ic

its been all a prank.. obviously they didnt create a premium of a movie that everyone hated.. wait a minute, apparently thereve been two people stupid enough to buy.. to protect them from public humiliation their names are anonymized tho:

fll___o
tha_lu__ic
F0C85218-11AA-46C2-AE01-E2D82D3DAB07.gif