The Matrix Resurrections (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 48) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: July 29, 2022
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Double Lenti (Pre-order on May 27, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $145.98 (Box Set) - $52.99 (Full Slip) - $53.99 (Double Lenti)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Box Set - Full Slip - Double Lenti

Notes:
WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish.
Box Set: 1000 Sets, Numbered 1-1000. Matrix Reloaded Homage Design, Glow in Dark Effect Embossing, Spot Gloss, Box Set Premium: Glow in Dark Matrix Déjà Vu Cat High End Figure (approximately 10cm).
Full Slip: 1500 Units, Numbered 1-1500. Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing.
Double Lenti: 1500 Units, Numbered 1-1500. 2 x 3D+Flip Lenticular , Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing.
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On.

Matrix4_overall_box_v2_5000x.jpgMatrix_FS_packshot_5000x.jpgMatrix_DLS_packshot_5000x.jpg
Matrix4_steelbook_5000x.jpg

Last edited:
Just finished watching this and got mixed feelings partly due to the excitement of another Matrix movie and partly due to missed expectations. I might have to rewatch this after the holidays. I didn't come away with that same excitement I had the first time I watched the Matrix, not that I was looking for it. I was hoping for a little more artistic innovation because my viewing was tainted by my anticipation of Avatar 2.

Wow! That was absolutely awful.

I can say this with pure confidence, reloaded and revolution are miles better.

It’s blown my mind at how bad this film is. The story, the fighting, the dialogue, the CGI, the acting! Proper pony

For a film that goes full matrix meta and so far nostalgic that it’s cringe, it couldn’t look and feel further away from a matrix film. It’s really odd

Don’t get me wrong, I like the idea but the execution is terrible. Some of the visuals look cool but a lot of the time they look worse than the original and sequels 20 years ago. I can’t work out how that’s happened lol. The fighting is boring, the bullet time looks off, no characters are memorable, the guy who plays Morpheus is a joke. The guy who plays Smith is also a joke. Neil Patrick Harris is a joke. I didn’t even realise the end fight/ climax was the end because it was just nothing. Turns out all Neo can do is create a forcefield and that gets boring after the 3rd time. Let alone the 30th.

The scene where Neil Patrick Harris uses bullet time on Neo was some of the weirdest CGI I’ve seen in a blockbuster film. Especially for 2021. All of the weird shimmering effects were really off it was hard to watch at times. And that end after credits scene. What was the point of that? So odd

What a f**king mess of a film

It’s blown my mind at how bad this film is. The story, the fighting, the dialogue, the CGI, the acting! Proper pony

For a film that goes full matrix meta and so far nostalgic that it’s cringe, it couldn’t look and feel further away from a matrix film. It’s really odd

Don’t get me wrong, I like the idea but the execution is terrible. Some of the visuals look cool but a lot of the time they look worse than the original and sequels 20 years ago. I can’t work out how that’s happened lol. The fighting is boring, the bullet time looks off, no characters are memorable, the guy who plays Morpheus is a joke. The guy who plays Smith is also a joke. Neil Patrick Harris is a joke. I didn’t even realise the end fight/ climax was the end because it was just nothing. Turns out all Neo can do is create a forcefield and that gets boring after the 3rd time. Let alone the 30th.

The scene where Neil Patrick Harris uses bullet time on Neo was some of the weirdest CGI I’ve seen in a blockbuster film. Especially for 2021. All of the weird shimmering effects were really off it was hard to watch at times. And that end after credits scene. What was the point of that? So odd

Rose Byrne What GIF by Peter Rabbit Movie

You nailed it with all your points. What a shitshow. Warner bros are my fav studio as well, I have no idea how they let this happen lol

Imagine the marketing prospect of WB releasing the blue pilled woke version of the Matrix Resurrection on the 12,22,21 and then the red pilled version on the 22,11,22 (improved story, CGI, fight choreography to match to the original trilogy and the correct colour balance for real world/Matrix)

Remove the nostalgic live action video references, video game original trilogy???

(Focus on the machine civil war where the machines that want to enslave the human race have built a matrix within a matrix (manipulating Neo, Trinity and Morpheus) into battling against the Union machines that want to free the human race (only for the real Agent Smith to beat Neo in battle to free Neo’s mind to show him the real world at the end of the film (Neo, Agent Smith and the Union machines have to then try to free Trinity and Morpheus and the rest of the human race in ‘The Matrix Civil War’

I would take the red pill (-;

Imagine the marketing prospect of WB releasing the blue pilled woke version of the Matrix Resurrection on the 12,22,21 and then the red pilled version on the 22,11,22 (improved story, CGI, fight choreography to match to the original trilogy and the correct colour balance for real world/Matrix)

Remove the nostalgic live action video references, video game original trilogy???

(Focus on the machine civil war where the machines that want to enslave the human race have built a matrix within a matrix (manipulating Neo, Trinity and Morpheus) into battling against the Union machines that want to free the human race (only for the real Agent Smith to beat Neo in battle to free Neo’s mind to show him the real world at the end of the film (Neo, Agent Smith and the Union machines have to then try to free Trinity and Morpheus and the rest of the human race in ‘The Matrix Civil War’

I would take the red pill (-;

image.jpeg

so by the sound of it the first 30mins is sort of ok and then its the biggest pile of toilet from there!

like when they put all the good bits in the trailer to get your bum on a seat :mad:

damn dont think one person here has said its any good FFS
walks off to cancel pre-order
ray donovan omg GIF by Sky

Not trying to jump on a bandwagon or anything, but it really IS that bad. It's just awful.

It doesn't feel like a Matrix film at all (no green tint) but more like a woke millennials soap opera. And what's with this kind of breaking the 4th wall type nonsense (referencing sequels and Warner Bros within the movie - WTF?)

They brought back some of the original characters but apart from Neo and Trinity they were the more least memorable ones. I think it badly missed the original agent Smith. One of the best villains of all time...

I had preordered Zavvi's steelbook. But I'm off to cancel it now... Truly abysmal cash in.