E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
2.00 star(s) Rating: 2.00/5 1 Votes
Title: The Meg 2 - The Trench

Genre: Science Fiction, Action, Thriller

Plot: Sequel to the 2018 film 'The Meg'.

meg_two_the_trench_ver11.jpeg

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
Just got out of seeing this. You kind of know what you’re getting when you go into a Meg movie. I was pleasantly surprised with the first installment but this where this one falls short for me is that it doesn’t get the balance of camp/serious that was so well executed in the first film. This is a fine film but I don’t think anything is added through the theater experience. If you find it on a streamer one day, sure put it on in the background while you do chores.

Just got out of seeing this. You kind of know what you’re getting when you go into a Meg movie. I was pleasantly surprised with the first installment but this where this one falls short for me is that it doesn’t get the balance of camp/serious that was so well executed in the first film. This is a fine film but I don’t think anything is added through the theater experience. If you find it on a streamer one day, sure put it on in the background while you do chores.
I expected a popcorn movie. Nothing more, nothing else and was more than glad to have that experience. Made a change from all the less than stellar films that are being churned out at the minute.

I expected a popcorn movie. Nothing more, nothing else and was more than glad to have that experience. Made a change from all the less than stellar films that are being churned out at the minute.

That’s what I went in expected and this film definitely lived up to. I just thought the first one was better and would say that it ended up being better than just a popcorn flick. It’s definitely on my list of guilty pleasure movies.

This was extremely dumb, even worse, than I expected. Everyone acting stupid, characters going out of their way to get killed, lots of derivative 'cool' jumps and plunges, some scenes directly stolen from better movies, as if director Ben Wheatley was just playing with toys, acting out his fantasies given the opportunity, but it all looks stale, as it was all done before, and better, in other movies. Plus everything looks cheap, like a Chinese knock-off, and trying to appease the Chinese market with Chinese characters barely coherently speaking English only adds to the third sort feeling.
There is lots happening throughout, many different locations, but it's just not interesting and looks very bad, somehow it got worse in 20+ years, as films like Sphere and Deep Blue Sea looked more professional and realistic, polished and expensive, while this looks like fan-made YouTube video, or a game cut-scene.
It should have got a little better in the last 40 minutes, when the action moved to a crowded tourist island, but it didn't. Barely showed the new gigantic creature - I won't spoil who - and barely ate any people.
Basically it kept me consistently disappointed throughout.
Two tiny good bits are seeing Sienna Guillory, and hearing a Chinese remake of a Ting Tings song That's Not my Name. Why is it in the movie - don't know! It's stupid, and it's just there, like everything else.

This was extremely dumb, even worse, than I expected. Everyone acting stupid, characters going out of their way to get killed, lots of derivative 'cool' jumps and plunges, some scenes directly stolen from better movies, as if director Ben Wheatley was just playing with toys, acting out his fantasies given the opportunity, but it all looks stale, as it was all done before, and better, in other movies. Plus everything looks cheap, like a Chinese knock-off, and trying to appease the Chinese market with Chinese characters barely coherently speaking English only adds to the third sort feeling.
There is lots happening throughout, many different locations, but it's just not interesting and looks very bad, somehow it got worse in 20+ years, as films like Sphere and Deep Blue Sea looked more professional and realistic, polished and expensive, while this looks like fan-made YouTube video, or a game cut-scene.
It should have got a little better in the last 40 minutes, when the action moved to a crowded tourist island, but it didn't. Barely showed the new gigantic creature - I won't spoil who - and barely ate any people.
Basically it kept me consistently disappointed throughout.
Two tiny good bits are seeing Sienna Guillory, and hearing a Chinese remake of a Ting Tings song That's Not my Name. Why is it in the movie - don't know! It's stupid, and it's just there, like everything else.
Kinda feel the same. Plus the chinese kid was so freaking annoying. Almost stopped watching. Ben made this one eye open and with left hand.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Kinda feel the same. Plus the chinese kid was so freaking annoying. Almost stopped watching. Ben made this one eye open and with left hand.
Yeah, and her name was too unusual for my white ass ears, since every time someone called her - and that happened a lot - I didn't know if they were crying, moaning, or it was a monster wailing... :facepalm: