E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
2.00 star(s) Rating: 2.00/5 1 Votes
Title: The Meg 2 - The Trench

Genre: Science Fiction, Action, Thriller

Plot: Sequel to the 2018 film 'The Meg'.

‘The Meg 2’ Finds Director in ‘Rebecca’ Filmmaker Ben Wheatley

An 80-foot prehistoric shark is returning to the big screen with “The Meg 2,” and Warner Bros. has hired “Rebecca” filmmaker Ben Wheatley to direct.

Development of the sequel comes two years after “The Meg” took in an impressive $530 million worldwide. That film revolved around the monstrous megalodon emerging from the Mariana Trench, the deepest part of the world’s oceans in the Pacific.

Jason Statham is expected to reprise his role from the first movie, in which he portrayed a U.S. Navy diver sent to rescue other divers from a shark attack. Statham was a world-class diver on the British Commonwealth team before becoming an actor.

Jon and Erich Hoeber wrote the most recent draft of the script, working off an initial draft by Dean Georgaris. The trio shared writing credits on the original. Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Belle Avery are returning as producers. Avery worked on getting “The Meg” made for a decade, finally securing Chinese financing after making two dozen trips to China. Executive producers on the sequel are Catherine Ying, Li Ruigang, E. Bennett Walsh, Gerald Molen and Randy Greenberg.

via Variety

Ben Wheatley, interesting. This one might turn out to be good. First one wasn't ...

Kind of disappointed Li Bingbing won’t be reprising her role. Her and Statham had good chemistry.

Trailer tonight!

345902643_6186388131455188_7825409410523144271_n Medium.jpeg

Reactions: Lone Crusader
The trailer looks ridiculous. Granted, I though the same about the first one’s trailer and it ended up being on of my favorite guilty pleasure movies.

Reactions: 3Maters
Still blowing my mind Ben Wheatley has directed this! Kill list is one of my favourite films. Obviously this is on the complete other side of the spectrum

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database