The Middle Earth (Ultimate Collector's Edition Blu-ray) [UK]

Jan 25, 2012
Piraeus, Greece
Release date: November 7, 2016
Purchase links: Zavvi - Amazon UK - HMV
Price: £299.99 - £269.99

kdTv4B.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I'll wait for this to go down to around the 120-160 mark before I bite.

Tbh at this price I can see it being reduced within a month or so

It's a lovely set but I just can't justify This price when I already own all 6 movies and extended versions.

Looks like it's available worldwide then, which means it's probably not very limited at all and will more than likely drop in price sooner or later.

• Thanks
Reactions: bluray hunter
Or this could go the way of the Harry Potter Wizard's collection and go OOS/OOP and end up demanding silly price's on the secondary market, if the build quality is excellent then I think this will shift....

Reactions: Flash
Beautiful set would love it, just need to wait for that lottery win :arghh: lol

Sadly far too expensive (n)

Screen shot 2016-09-17 at 09.37.34.png

Yesterday on Zavvi Pre-order £299, today SOLD OUT PRICE £410
I think when they launched the sale on their website it was the wrong price.

Reactions: elle82
Nice set but an out there crazy price, :wacky: I don't want it that bad, :D I already own the movies, would rather keep the money for other pre-orders.

This could be Zavvi's s sold out ploy or not but yeah I won't buy these again.

• Thanks
Reactions: bluray hunter
It was expensive at like £300, £410 is a joke. It's nice but come on, I like special editions but these films can be bought in many different versions. There is no reason this needs to be that price, for that price I want the whole cast to deliver it to me lol

There will always be people that will buy it no matter what the price.
Im addicted to collecting limited editions from around the world but I also have common sense to say no to ridiculous prices like this, every one has to have a limit and just say no, there are better things to spend your money on.

The most Ive spent on a box set was £170 Harry Potter Limited Edition Wizard Box Set and £170 for the Harry Potter Limited Edition Wand Box Set.

Reactions: elle82
Im addicted to collecting limited editions from around the world but I also have common sense to say no to ridiculous prices like this, every one has to have a limit and just say no, there are better things to spend your money on.

The most Ive spent on a box set was £170 Harry Potter Limited Edition Wizard Box Set and £170 for the Harry Potter Limited Edition Wand Box Set.
Im the same i love collecting limited editions too and would definitely not spend this much money. But there are rich people out there who can afford it
So i say good for them. But no most people wouldn't spend this much. Its a crazy price for sure.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles