The Middle Earth (Ultimate Collector's Edition Blu-ray) [UK]

Jan 25, 2012
Piraeus, Greece
Release date: November 7, 2016
Purchase links: Zavvi - Amazon UK - HMV
Price: £299.99 - £269.99

kdTv4B.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If this was even half the price of the original price Zavvi had it at I would have been very tempted. I would be more than happy if they just re-released the blurays in the book form! Assuming the stand is causing the hefty price, it would be too much of a gamble without first seeing the quality.

However, at a third of my monthly wage, with Xmas around the corner, saving for a mortgage and the other half wanting a holiday there is no way I can justify £400.00.

Good on those who can though! Hope the product is as amazing as it could be.

Reactions: elle82
i think they have made a mistake....there should be only one edition that contains BD plus DVD

Product Description
Extended Editions on Blu-ray (Digital UV) 6 Faux Leather Books for Discs. Also include a 100-page Red Book Of West March and John Howe/Alan Lee paintings.

Ive ordered it but Im now going to e-mail Amazon UK to confirm if it is only a DVD limited edition box set or does it come with Blu-rays etc like the box sets being sold for a lot more money on other Amazon website across the world.

Ive ordered it but Im now going to e-mail Amazon UK to confirm if it is only a DVD limited edition box set or does it come with Blu-rays etc like the box sets being sold for a lot more money on other Amazon website across the world.

Ive been in contact with Amazon UK Live Chat and this is what Ive been told today.

Q1. Is this only a DVD Box set
A1. Yes.

Q2. Will there be a Blu-ray edition released and when
A2. Yes there will be a blu-ray edition released soon, just keep an eye on item web page.

Amazon Chat- Middle Earth.png

Last edited:
I preordered just in case as ive had a similar conversation with an amazon rep once. I wanted info about a set which said it only had dvds. Turned out it was actually a blu ray set. So i will keep this preorder for the time being and see if a blu set does come up.

I preordered just in case as ive had a similar conversation with an amazon rep once. I wanted info about a set which said it only had dvds. Turned out it was actually a blu ray set. So i will keep this preorder for the time being and see if a blu set does come up.

Ive also e-mailed Amazon UK just to see if I get a different answer from the one Ive already been given.