The Middle Earth (Ultimate Collector's Edition Blu-ray) [UK]

Jan 25, 2012
Piraeus, Greece
Release date: November 7, 2016
Purchase links: Zavvi - Amazon UK - HMV
Price: £299.99 - £269.99

kdTv4B.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@Noodles i also had dust and small smudges on the book, as well as shelf little bit unscrewed. Dust is from the Wood and smudges are from the prints from the book that is next to it. So aparat from the box you have everything in good condition of the set that was released 3 years. I got mine half year ago So i had same problems due to the fact that it was waiting long time for it parents:)))

Reactions: Noodles
I spoke to someone through their chat feature and originally they seemed OK with giving me a partial refund, but eventually changed their mind saying they can only offer a full refund due to it being bought from a third party seller (Amazon US) -- I explained all that right off the bat, so not sure why it took the person so long to come to that conclusion. Told them I'd think about it anyway because the set has apparently completely sold out, plus I've since been able to get the glue smudges off with the help of some rubbing liquid, so the item itself is fine now... just the outer box that's a complete mess.

Here are some photos of how it arrived...

View attachment 483846View attachment 483847View attachment 483848View attachment 483849View attachment 483850View attachment 483851View attachment 483852View attachment 483853View attachment 483854View attachment 483855
4K Is coming really soon, maybe October....

@Noodles i also had dust and small smudges on the book, as well as shelf little bit unscrewed. Dust is from the Wood and smudges are from the prints from the book that is next to it. So aparat from the box you have everything in good condition of the set that was released 3 years. I got mine half year ago So i had same problems due to the fact that it was waiting long time for it parents:)))
I did wonder if the dust was just from the wood, since it was really fine and even under the books where dust shouldn't technically be able to settle... was obviously easy enough to wipe off anyway. Not sure what you mean about the glue being from the prints bud... the smudges were on the outside of the books, some worse than others.

I spoke to someone through their chat feature and originally they seemed OK with giving me a partial refund, but eventually changed their mind saying they can only offer a full refund due to it being bought from a third party seller (Amazon US) -- I explained all that right off the bat, so not sure why it took the person so long to come to that conclusion. Told them I'd think about it anyway because the set has apparently completely sold out, plus I've since been able to get the glue smudges off with the help of some rubbing liquid, so the item itself is fine now... just the outer box that's a complete mess.

Here are some photos of how it arrived...

View attachment 483846View attachment 483847View attachment 483848View attachment 483849View attachment 483850View attachment 483851View attachment 483852View attachment 483853View attachment 483854View attachment 483855

That looks like the box they would have got it in from who ever made them, they should have put that inside another box for posting, bit a of poor and lazy way to send it out.

That looks like the box they would have got it in from who ever made them, they should have put that inside another box for posting, bit a of poor and lazy way to send it out.
It is... it even has the name of the movies/edition printed on the side.

I got this same edition from Amazon Global about a week ago. Same packaging etc. Pretty sure mine was a return as security labels had lost their stickiness, the cellophane inside was ripped up and one of the books has a small mark on it where the leather has been damaged.

Called up amazon and eventually got put thru to a global team based in UK. They said cannot issue any refund or partial due to it being sold by usa global. I would have to return it for a full refund and claim back postage too but that is about £120 fully insured. So not going to bother now.

It is an amazing looking set nonetheless and i will also get the 4k releases to go with it later on.

I got this same edition from Amazon Global about a week ago. Same packaging etc. Pretty sure mine was a return as security labels had lost their stickiness, the cellophane inside was ripped up and one of the books has a small mark on it where the leather has been damaged.

Called up amazon and eventually got put thru to a global team based in UK. They said cannot issue any refund or partial due to it being sold by usa global. I would have to return it for a full refund and claim back postage too but that is about £120 fully insured. So not going to bother now.

It is an amazing looking set nonetheless and i will also get the 4k releases to go with it later on.
I had the same suspicions with mine tbh for similar reasons... was hard to tell if it was just a case of my box being destroyed that caused it to look second hand though lol.

I seriously hope the 4K box won't be steelbooks. I have the middle earth book case and it's just so on the spot in terms of material choice. Really hope they will do something similar with the 4K versions but maybe more compact.

Anybody knows what the difference is between these 2 listings ?

Lmfao....
Good luck ordering this from Zavvi and Amazon. I wonder how many sets will arrive in mint condition to recipient.