The Mission (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Korea]

BluSteel2012

Premium Supporter
Jan 4, 2012
Ireland
Release date: January 31, 2020
Purchase link: The Mission SteelBooks
Price: $38 (Individual editions) - $122 (Box Set)

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg
1565001664110.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully it won't be much longer for you to get a replacement in the mail.
Well, I guess there won't be any replacement coming anytime soon. They're too busy ignoring me. :p

In the meantime, I got an empty Lenti from a friend. Obviously they cut costs when it came to the glue for the lenti card:

themission.jpg

As soon as the rest of the shrinkwrap is completely off, only a few glue spots will keep it on the slip. Maybe this slip case doesn't have any bulges? I'll find out soon. :giggle: :naughty:

Seriously though: I'm a bit disappointed they don't respond at all. They've seen my message and I've politely reminded them as well. It would have been nice to get some sort of reaction, but apparently there's no intention to resolve this matter.

Well, I guess there won't be any replacement coming anytime soon. They're too busy ignoring me. :p

In the meantime, I got an empty Lenti from a friend. Obviously they cut costs when it came to the glue for the lenti card:

View attachment 464189

As soon as the rest of the shrinkwrap is completely off, only a few glue spots will keep it on the slip. Maybe this slip case doesn't have any bulges? I'll find out soon. :giggle: :naughty:

Seriously though: I'm a bit disappointed they don't respond at all. They've seen my message and I've politely reminded them as well. It would have been nice to get some sort of reaction, but apparently there's no intention to resolve this matter.

Fk ,,,damn man, :(

Not opened mine yet...

Low QC, + arrogant suppliers, + pumped out repetitive rubbish,,, , sucked out a lot of fun....

Bring back MANTA.....

It's a gorgeous edition. I wish I'd known it was going to be 50% off eventually, but I don't mind fully supporting a release that's outside the usual titles. :)

Reactions: tono06
I think the 50% discount might have been a mistake and they removed them from the website completely. Only the one-click is currently available :scat:

How did I miss this post?
Darn. Would have been the cheapest/best way for another slip, since d'ailly haven't sent a replacement like they promised. *sigh*
It was "accidentally" part of their -50% winter sale (only the slips) and not listed on the sale specific website. Once they realized their mistake they put the price back to normal.

Reactions: CleverLoginName
happy days. :happy: had this for a bit, but after watching this again last night, even with some excellent shots above, had to do an unboxing. read on for all the details, or just click here for the photo album. :Snap:

View media item 27654
i love this film. :drool: the direction is superb, the script sharp, ths soundtrack memorable, the way the film looks is sublime, and the performances universally excellent. so i was delighted to see that this edition of the film from Nova meets the same standards. this really is one of my favourite releases for many years. :wow:

once you get it unsealed, you discover the lenti is an old fashioned 'loose' lenti. the lenti itself is ok, but the slip underneath has the same image, and it's by far the best cover image of the 3 editions. the stock is high quality and rigid, with a lovely texturing to it, and the artwork is superb. :woot: shots of all of that under the spoiler, including a few zooms on the artwork.

as well as these quality aspects, the little details - like the two quotes in the inside of the slip - really raise it another notch. shots of that and sticker/creds under the spoiler:

here's the main front artworks (and back under the spoiler):
View media item 27642
the steelbook is great. no bossing, but full gloss, good artwork, and with great bespoke disc artwork, inside art, and art cards. everything just continues the same level of quality:

finally, the booklet is a 50/50 mix of Korean and English. It's pretty good, in keeping with the rest:

if you like the film and can get hold of a copy of it, i cannot recommend this enough. a superb set from Nova. :wow:

1615731510305.png

I agree with 99% your review, it's a great film and edition. You just said Nova one too many times, this was not done by Nova but by D'Ailly (look at the sticker you took a photograph of :giggle: ).
Really like your reviews, keep them coming!

happy days. :happy: had this for a bit, but after watching this again last night, even with some excellent shots above, had to do an unboxing. read on for all the details, or just click here for the photo album. :Snap:

View media item 27654
i love this film. :drool: the direction is superb, the script sharp, ths soundtrack memorable, the way the film looks is sublime, and the performances universally excellent. so i was delighted to see that this edition of the film from Nova meets the same standards. this really is one of my favourite releases for many years. :wow:

once you get it unsealed, you discover the lenti is an old fashioned 'loose' lenti. the lenti itself is ok, but the slip underneath has the same image, and it's by far the best cover image of the 3 editions. the stock is high quality and rigid, with a lovely texturing to it, and the artwork is superb. :woot: shots of all of that under the spoiler, including a few zooms on the artwork.

as well as these quality aspects, the little details - like the two quotes in the inside of the slip - really raise it another notch. shots of that and sticker/creds under the spoiler:

here's the main front artworks (and back under the spoiler):
View media item 27642
the steelbook is great. no bossing, but full gloss, good artwork, and with great bespoke disc artwork, inside art, and art cards. everything just continues the same level of quality:

finally, the booklet is a 50/50 mix of Korean and English. It's pretty good, in keeping with the rest:

if you like the film and can get hold of a copy of it, i cannot recommend this enough. a superb set from Nova. :wow:

View attachment 500308
Really need to watch this film. Lovely edition, if I like the film I'll pick it up one day. Great reviews!

I actually glued the lenti onto the slipbox after I opened mine. ;) (What am I going to do with a loose lenticular?) But it's a fantastic set. We watched the movie a couple months ago (first time in years I'd seen it), and I was surprised just how amazing it is. There's a documentary (from the time of the original release) on the disc that's about the casting of the indigenous community who appear in the film—well worth watching. Not at all your typical behind-the-scenes stuff.

I actually glued the lenti onto the slipbox after I opened mine. ;) (What am I going to do with a loose lenticular?) But it's a fantastic set. We watched the movie a couple months ago (first time in years I'd seen it), and I was surprised just how amazing it is. There's a documentary (from the time of the original release) on the disc that's about the casting of the indigenous community who appear in the film—well worth watching. Not at all your typical behind-the-scenes stuff.
yep, actually watched the old BBC 'Omnibus' hour-long making-of yesterday. agree, very good. :thumbs:

Reactions: ethnosax