The Mission (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Korea]

BluSteel2012

Premium Supporter
Jan 4, 2012
Ireland
Release date: January 31, 2020
Purchase link: The Mission SteelBooks
Price: $38 (Individual editions) - $122 (Box Set)

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg
1565001664110.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my Fullslip 1, which is nice, but I kinda wish I'd gone for the lenti now. Steelbook itself is great!

Got my Fullslip 1, which is nice, but I kinda wish I'd gone for the lenti now. Steelbook itself is great!

Lenti can be great in hand indeed, but I dunno, somehow it doesn´t fit to this kind of film I think, but to each his own :)

Steelbook here is a stunner....not so cool like Akira lately for example, because here´s no bossing, but still wonderful steel with absolute mirror gloss finish as we like it :)

Lenti can be great in hand indeed, but I dunno, somehow it doesn´t fit to this kind of film I think, but to each his own :)

Steelbook here is a stunner....not so cool like Akira lately for example, because here´s no bossing, but still wonderful steel with absolute mirror gloss finish as we like it :)
I kinda had the same thought, hence why I chose slip 1 over the lenti. But, I saw @moon's photo (see below) where he's removed the lenti and it has the same artwork printed on the slip itself, which looks stunning. :drool:

84004386_1522200791264681_1353570024350023680_n.jpg

It does, but why did he remove the lenti?! Thought he was pleased with it.

It does, but why did he remove the lenti?! Thought he was pleased with it.
Maybe just out of curiosity. He could've stuck it back on afterwards... or no harm in keeping it separately, as I very much doubt he just threw it away or anything lol.

Reactions: DMD4k
So I got my copy a few days ago (including a nice little surprise from customs -.-). Whilst it's certainly a nice edition for a beautiful movie, I can't help but feeling a bit disappointed by the assembly quality of the slip. It's got some strange bulges on both the front and the back. The folds aren't properly aligned, therefore the angles are a bit off, therefore it tips over when placed standing upright.

bulge1.jpg bulge4.jpg bulge5.jpg bulge2.jpg
bulge3.jpg bulge6.jpg bulge7.jpg bulge8.jpg

I think I see one of the bulge lines in the second pic in @snow flake's post. Maybe my eyes fool me, though. Anybody else got such imperfections with their slip?

• Wow
Reactions: willbar84
So I got my copy a few days ago (including a nice little surprise from customs -.-). Whilst it's certainly a nice edition for a beautiful movie, I can't help but feeling a bit disappointed by the assembly quality of the slip. It's got some strange bulges on both the front and the back. The folds aren't properly aligned, therefore the angles are a bit off, therefore it tips over when placed standing upright.

View attachment 462702 View attachment 462705 View attachment 462706 View attachment 462703
View attachment 462704 View attachment 462707 View attachment 462708 View attachment 462709

I think I see one of the bulge lines in the second pic in @snow flake's post. Maybe my eyes fool me, though. Anybody else got such imperfections with their slip?

Yes buddy, except your last photo, I have exactly the same issues on my slip A2, especially the "bulges" pisses me off big time. It´s really not nice and it´s pretty visible, but I just didnt feel like contact their CS because of that, but maybe we should. Your photos are really nice example of those quality control issues.

• Informative
Reactions: CleverLoginName
Mine arrived yesterday, but I haven't unsealed it yet. I will check over the weekend whether my copy has these defects as well, and let you guys know.

View attachment 462702 View attachment 462705 View attachment 462706 View attachment 462703
View attachment 462704 View attachment 462707 View attachment 462708 View attachment 462709

Such a shame, sorry to see this. I've got no such issues (alignment or bulges) on my lenti edition. I would email the seller and see if you can get it exchanged.
What's the limit number on that FS1 BTW?

@Hereticz
I'm sorry to hear your copy has the same issue! Also, I totally understand your hesitation to contact the CS. I don't know how it's about you, but for me I had to ask for replacements all too often lately. It gets tiresome and is quite frustrating, to be honest. Also, there's another little catch which makes requesting a replacement a bit difficult (see below).

@Masta Norris
Yes please, let us know about any defects with your copy once you've unsealed it.

@DMD4k
The spine of the slip case bulges outwards as well. I've never seen something like this before. It almost feels as if it were padded, like a padded mediabook. It's over the whole spine, so it doesn't really show, but it certainly feels funny (squishy).
I've ordered my copy through wdpung. Given his recent reluctance in helping acquiring a replacement steelbook for Avengers: Infinity War from WeET (thank God for their great service, despite not having bought my copy from them originally), I doubt he'll help with this. If I had bought it at KimchiDVD or Novamedia, I'd be far more hopeful to get some assistance. Maybe @Hereticz and I (and maybe - but hopefully not - @Masta Norris) should contact D'ailly directly? They certainly could shed some light on the issue at hand.
Yes, I can confirm what @Masta Norris has said about the limitation, Full Slip A is limited to 650 copies.

Last edited:
Reactions: DMD4k
@Hereticz
I'm sorry to hear your copy has the same issue! Also, I totally understand your hesitation to contact the CS. I don't know how it's about you, but for me I had to ask for replacements all too often lately. It gets tiresome and is quite frustrating, to be honest. Also, there's another little catch which makes requesting a replacement a bit difficult (see below).

@Masta Norris
Yes please, let us know about any defects with your copy once you've unsealed it.

@DMD4k
The spine of the slip case bulges outwards as well. I've never seen something like this before. It almost feels as if it were padded, like a padded mediabook. It's over the whole spine, so it doesn't really show, but it certainly feels funny (squishy).
I've ordered my copy through wdpung. Given his recent reluctance in helping acquiring a replacement steelbook from WeET for Avengers: Infinity War from WeET (thank God for their great service, despite not having bought my copy from them originally), I doubt he'll help with this. If I had bought it at KimchiDVD or Novamedia, I'd be far more hopeful to get some assistance. Maybe @Hereticz and I (and maybe - but hopefully not - @Masta Norris) should contact D'ailly directly? They certainly could shed some light on the issue at hand.
Yes, I can confirm what @Masta Norris has said about the limitation, Full Slip A is limited to 650 copies.
I see what you mean about the pung. I’d contact dailly himself. Maybe he will sort it out for you, but I understand it’s a pain to ask for replacements so often. I just added my experience with the lenti so you have hope that there are indeed mint copies. You guys were unlucky, or I was lucky lol Don’t know which.

• Thanks
@DMD4k
Thanks for your comment. I'll try to establish contact with them through Facebook. That seems to be the only option to reach out to them.

Despite the trouble with the slip, let me state once again how beautifully designed the edition is and back this up with a couple of photographs. Even though @moon has done this edition much better justice with his pics a page before, I suppose it's fine to add a few more. It certainly deserves the attention.

01.jpg

02.jpg 03.jpg 04.jpg 05.jpg
06.jpg 07.jpg 08.jpg 09.jpg

Okay, so I have unsealed my copy during the weekend: I can confirm the bulges on my copy of A1. But I have to say they are barely noticeable and can only be seen under certain light reflections. I think if you hadn't brought it up, I wouldn't even have noticed it.
On the other hand, maybe some bulges on some copies are bigger than others.

For me it's barely visible and doesn't bother me (at all).