Horror-TV The Mist (Season 1) [Spike]

vläd

Premium Supporter
Mar 14, 2010
S.W. Desert USA
According to Deadline and other sources, Dimension Television is developing a TV series based on The Mist, a film directed by Frank Darabont. No substantial details have been revealed as yet, but the Deadline article states;

"The series will tell an original story about a seemingly innocuous mist that seeps into a small town but contains limitless havoc. From psychological terrors to otherworldly creatures, the mist causes the town residents’ darkest demons to appear forcing them to battle the supernatural event and, more importantly, each other."

Source

I'll be honest, I can't wait! :android:

Reactions: Asopp
Trailer
popcorn2.gif

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Looks pretty good; a lot different than the film, but then that's a good thing. Nice to know that they'll both be able to stand on their own feet. I always wondered what else was happening in the mist while everyone was stuck in that grocery store and this looks like it'll answer my question.

Now wouldn't it be funny if the entire cast of this show ended up in a Walking Dead movie years from now? :p

Only just found out about this and I have to say it don't look to bad

Lol @tridon at what everyone else was up to (I agree) - looks like some have time to have sex :wow: :watch: and at the walking dead comment lol

@C.C. 95 you seen this trailer yet?

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95 and tridon
Only just found out about this and I have to say it don't look to bad

Lol @tridon at what everyone else was up to (I agree) - looks like some have time to have sex :wow: :watch: and at the walking dead comment lol

@C.C. 95 you seen this trailer yet?
Yeah. I have the same question I always have with stories like this - How do you make a SERIES out of a finite event? Will it be the same day for 7 seasons?!!!
It would be best if they focus on the idea that it was caused by the Philidelphia Experiment (an experimental ship that was nearby in a Naval port) , and the Sh*t rolling in is literally from another dimension that was caused by the experiment. (It was the closest King ever got to a Lovecraftian idea).
They could get a lot of juice out of that premise if they push the envelope....

• Thanks
Yeah. I have the same question I always have with stories like this - How do you make a SERIES out of a finite event? Will it be the same day for 7 seasons?!!!
It would be best if they focus on the idea that it was caused by the Philidelphia Experiment (an experimental ship that was nearby in a Naval port) , and the Sh*t rolling in is literally from another dimension that was caused by the experiment. (It was the closest King ever got to a Lovecraftian idea).
They could get a lot of juice out of that premise if they push the envelope....

Id be game for that

Would make it so much more interesting.

It's one of the things I wanted more out of the film

Same with stranger things & super 8 (wanted more of what it is and its beginnings - how why where etc - I know stranger things did delve but I still wanted more)

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95
Id be game for that

Would make it so much more interesting.

It's one of the things I wanted more out of the film

Same with stranger things & super 8 (wanted more of what it is and its beginnings - how why where etc - I know stranger things did delve but I still wanted more)
I actually still haven't gotten around to Stranger Things yet.
But, since I mentioned Lovecraft, and ST has an 80's bent - I will be checking out THE VOID.

• Thanks
I actually still haven't gotten around to Stranger Things yet.
But, since I mentioned Lovecraft, and ST has an 80's bent - I will be checking out THE VOID.

Ohhhh I wana see the void, thanks for reminding me (very cool poster/ ammray art too)

Looks very good

I should of been creaming myself over stranger things, it's my kind of thing, everyone was telling me that i would love it, it's right up my street etc even people who hate all that kind of thing we're loving it but I was kinda disappointed. And I think I'm the only one. Like when you meet someone who says they hate thrones and you look at them like "you fo real? Freak"

I did however love the music and the 80s vibe

I'll still give the second season a go but that will be the final decider for me