the most beautiful movie soundtrack

Aug 25, 2011
Toulouse
Last night i reviewed Sunshine and i had forgotten how the John Murphy soundtrack was so beautiful. No song. Just music, deep, poignant, sad, powerful. Movie soundtrack can be as important as the movie and sometime we can remind a movie thanks to its soundtrack.
what are your best movie soundtrack with no song and compositor in general?

i'm thinking to John Murphy (Sunshine, 28 days/weeks later), Vangelis (Blade runner), Ennio Moricone (the good, the bad and the ugly, once upon a time in the west) but i'm waiting for your acknowledges.

thanks

I love the music in "the thin red line" movie by hans zimmer and love the piece of music in road to perdition where tom hanks is shooting all the gangsters in the rain. also love a track called "time" in inception by hans zimmer

Reactions: grospaquet31
"Time" from Inception is a gorgeous piece. Another great soundtrack is The Village - James Newton Howard and also Lady in the Water. He can make some beautiful scores. The Score from Heartless by David Julyan and We Bought a Zoo by Jynsi has some really nice tracks as well.

"Time" from Inception is a gorgeous piece. Another great soundtrack is The Village - James Newton Howard and also Lady in the Water. He can make some beautiful scores. The Score from Heartless by David Julyan and We Bought a Zoo by Jynsi has some really nice tracks as well.

I thought you told me your favorite soundtrack was from Sex and the City?:hilarious:

Reactions: snsguy
there are a ton, A TON of beautiful movie scores/soundtracks out there. Sometimes its just a particular moment in a movie mixed with its 40 second long musical Cue that can breathe all the air in to our lungs and keep us on a high throughout the rest of the film. Other times, The Music of the film takes on the roll of the 4th Dimension, the part of the film that Penetrates and Fills our Psyche with all the elements of Explosive Emotion than we can not contain ourselves. Beautiful, Heart-warming, Thrilling, Spine-Tingling, Sad and Euphoric, These are the elemants I look for in a musical score. Recently we have had many bits of Theatrical Music that have fit this bill, however... the one Film Score/Soundtrack that has owned my heart for the better part of the past 7 years has been Clint Mansell's Score for Darran Aronofsky's film 'The Fountain'. If you have not seen the film or heard it's Music, I suggest you do so! Even if you have a hard time understanding all the suggestive sub-plots of the film the context of Love, Love Lost and Love Reborn is something we can all relate to. The musical pieces of the film will drill a hole in your head and expand its connective tissue to your heart all the while branching further out in to your nervous system. For me, its not just music I hear, it's music I FEEL. For this reason, my Vote for the most beautiful score/soundtrack goes to 'The Fountain'.

"... Together we will live forever"

Well to name a few here some movie scores that always get me to that special place.

Old Boy by Jo Yeong-Wook
Memories of Murder by Taro Iwashiro
"Hellboy" by Marco Beltrami one or two songs on the soundtrack
"Lolita 1998 film" by Ennio Morricone
"Let the right one in" by Johan Soderqvist
"The Last Samurai", "Gladiator", "King Author", "The Dark Knight Rises", "Inception" but only one song "Time" by Hans Zimmer
"Blade Runner" by Vangelis
"Forrest Gump" by Alan Silvestri
"The Passion of the Christ" by John Debney
"Transformers Revenge of the fallen" by Steve Jablonsky
"Schindler's List" by John Williams and others.
"Rosemary baby" but only "Lullaby Variation" and "Main Theme Vocal"
"Braveheart" by James Horner and London Symphony.
"Haunting of Julia" had a lot of nice melodies in it but the soundtrack is virtually impossible to find if anyone who knows where to find it shoot me a pm.
"Drive" by various artist my favorites are Night call, Real Hero, Under your spell
"The Phantom of the Opera" by Andrew Lloyd Webber

Last edited:
Reactions: P0UNDLAND and Frasr
Always got to love Brad Fiedels original score for the first Terminator, shame they butchered it from each film to the next.

Drive
The Fountain
The Social Network
Once Upon A Time In The West
John Carpenter's The Thing
John Carpenter's Halloween
Into The Wild
(probably doesn't qualify but it's just fantastic)

But my absolute favorite score isn't for a movie but rather for a game. It's Austin Wintory's score for the PS3 game Journey. It's just so stunning that soundtrack. Get's to me every time.

Here's a small taste:

Last edited by a moderator:
Last night i reviewed Sunshine and i had forgotten how the John Murphy soundtrack was so beautiful. No song. Just music, deep, poignant, sad, powerful. Movie soundtrack can be as important as the movie and sometime we can remind a movie thanks to its soundtrack.
what are your best movie soundtrack with no song and compositor in general?

i'm thinking to John Murphy (Sunshine, 28 days/weeks later), Vangelis (Blade runner), Ennio Moricone (the good, the bad and the ugly, once upon a time in the west) but i'm waiting for your acknowledges.

thanks

Awesome soundtracks mentioned there.. Acknowledged.

One of my personal faves is the Friday Night Lights.. Awesome guitar music by Explosions in the Sky.

Taxi Driver too.. Bernard Herrmann's work in it excels.