the most beautiful movie soundtrack

Aug 25, 2011
Toulouse
Last night i reviewed Sunshine and i had forgotten how the John Murphy soundtrack was so beautiful. No song. Just music, deep, poignant, sad, powerful. Movie soundtrack can be as important as the movie and sometime we can remind a movie thanks to its soundtrack.
what are your best movie soundtrack with no song and compositor in general?

i'm thinking to John Murphy (Sunshine, 28 days/weeks later), Vangelis (Blade runner), Ennio Moricone (the good, the bad and the ugly, once upon a time in the west) but i'm waiting for your acknowledges.

thanks

James Horner is Dead

He was in a plane crash

RIP
A brilliant Film Composer of fantastic films and some amazing film scores

Will be missed

For some reason Composers tend to kill it on Western scores...
Magnificent Seven
The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly
High Noon
Dances With Wolves
Once Upon a Time in The West
Silverado
And also Sci-Fi....
Alien
Aliens
Blade Runner
Close Encountes
Star Trek 2
Star Wars
Signs
The Abyss
E.T.
Lord of The Rings

I'm a huge fan of Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross, working together. My 2 most favorite soundtracks are both theirs.

The-Girl-with-the-Dragon-Tattoo-Soundtrack.jpg

6a00d83452063969e2014e5f89aa88970c.jpg

Gone-girl-soundtrack.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Marco86 and spass
RIP Maestro Ennio Moricone (1928-2020) responsible for so many memorable and hummable film scores joining his childhood friend and long-time collaborator Sergio Leone (1929-1989) - the father of the Spaghetti Western - for whom he provided magnificent film music until ONCE UPON A TIME IN AMERICA in 1984.
Leone/Moricone right up there with Hitchcock/Herrmann / Spielberg/Williams / Lean/Jarre / Burton/Elfman etc.

From their third grade primary school yearbook photo in 1937 Roma to the press conference for "Once upon a time in America" film out of competition at the 37th Cannes Film Festival in 1984
1594038439083.png
/
1594038541437.png