Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Votes
Title: The Mother

Genre: Action, Thriller

Director: Niki Caro

Cast: Jennifer Lopez, Paul Raci, Joseph Fiennes, Omari Hardwick, Gael García Bernal

Plot: A deadly female assassin who comes out of hiding to protect the daughter that she gave up years before, while on the run from dangerous men

"A deadly female assassin who comes out of hiding to protect the daughter that she gave up years before, while on the run from dangerous men "

The Long Kiss Goodnight ???

"A deadly female assassin who comes out of hiding to protect the daughter that she gave up years before, while on the run from dangerous men "

The Long Kiss Goodnight ???
More like Colombiana. Should be pretty good since it's starring J.Lo. I couldn't stand The Long Kiss Goodnight only because I don't like Geena Davis.
There's actually quite a few movies starring a female assassin.
chrome_TKSc5ooyty.jpg

As I thought, my kind of movie! What I expected from it happened before the first hour was over, so there's a whole another mini sequel in the second hour.
Gotta admit the main bad guy's behavior at the very end doesn't make sense, but that happens in most movies. What I do like is the titular mother's tough and real behavior, telling it as it is to her daughter, regarding violence in the world, fighting, etc.
Also loved the use of Massive Attack's "Angel", and "Roads" by Portishead, that were featured in many films in the 90's. I guess enough time has passed to use them again for a whole another generation, that might have not heard them, plus they're so good, and fit the action and story here very well.

P.S. Warning to physical media collectors about some brutal, gratuitous disc violence. They use poor hanged CDs for target practice. :wow:

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database