The Mummy: The Book of The Living (4K and Blu-ray SteelBooks) (EverythingBlu - BluPick Series #004) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: November 30, 2019
Purchase links: 4K - BD (Pre-order July 1 at 8 PM UK TIME )
Price:
£74.99 (4K) - £67.99 (BD)
Notes: 4K Edition includes both 4K and Blu-ray (2 Discs per Steelbook)

c25cffa5-2723-4098-84f7-f37526387c8d.png

Last edited:
Will look great bookending an EBlu shelf + great-looking companion piece to THE BOOK OF THE DEAD edition . . . sufficiently different - thanks to the colour, the key motif and the hieroglyphs on the lozenge - to warrant a purchase.
1561895533619.png
1561893517152.png

As seems to be a bespoke item (for want of a better word) with the amount manufactured according to the number of pre-orders there will not be a repeat of what happened for example with THE BOOK OF THE DEAD re-stock . . . here everyone that wants one will be able to get one.
My only concern is if I'll be able to get the same ltd. ed. number as TBOTD.

• Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k
You got 665?
No, ^ not mine . . . mine in the 500s
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Was curious about the "Award Winning" bit in the blurb and found this
"Honors & Awards
  • EverythingBlu's The Mummy Book Of The Dead Edition won as part of Universal Pictures - Campaign Of The Year For Catalogue: Multiple Product - The Mummy Drafting Campaign
    Base Awards 2018
    June 2018
    EverythingBlu's The Mummy - The Book Of The Dead Edition won as part of Universal Pictures Mummy Drafting Campaign for Campaign of The Year For Catalogue: Multiple Product."

Will be the first order get 001 and second 002 and so on or random numbers?
Likely to be random as that was how it worked with previous EB releases

This release
Pre-Order For NUMBERED SLIPCASE: 1st JULY 2018 8pm UK TIME (3 weeks only)

The first Pre-orders are open for a 3 week window which any orders placed inside this 3 weeks, will receive a NUMBERED slipcase. Beyond the 3 weeks we will continue to sell the limited stock we have until it is gone but you will NOT receive a numbered slipcase.

3 Week Window for numbered slipcase will close midnight Monday 22nd July 2019

Pre-Order for (Un-Numbered Slipcase) From Monday July 22nd 8:01pm UK Time

Reactions: jonnybobbytimmy
Likely to be random as that was how it worked with previous EB releases

This release
Pre-Order For NUMBERED SLIPCASE: 1st JULY 2018 8pm UK TIME (3 weeks only)

The first Pre-orders are open for a 3 week window which any orders placed inside this 3 weeks, will receive a NUMBERED slipcase. Beyond the 3 weeks we will continue to sell the limited stock we have until it is gone but you will NOT receive a numbered slipcase.

3 Week Window for numbered slipcase will close midnight Monday 22nd July 2019 at 8pm UK Time

Pre-Order for (Un-Numbered Slipcase) From Monday July 22nd 8:01pm UK Time
Okay so no need for a hurry in the first 3 weeks if I want a numbered slipcase. Thanks Paul :)

If anybody (like me) was hoping for a slipbox with number to match the BOOK OF THE DEAD release it looks unlikely:-

Dear Sir,
If I order a copy of your recently announced BOOK OF THE LIVING can you guarantee me the same number as my BOOK OF THE DEAD edition?
Many thanks.

Hello,
Thank you for your message.
Unfortunately not, we are not offering matching numbers and this is down to the slipcases being made to order from the sales in the first 3 weeks, sorry.
Thank you for your support.
Kind Regards
EverythingBlu

• Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k
Funny how they’re mixing it up. I don’t remember their Schindler’s List and King Kong preorders been done with any sort of window or without the print run being known ahead of time.

Honestly its pretty smart for this release. Not everyone will double dip and they dont want to have a bunch of extra stock lying around for a year or whatever.

Not sure what you mean. They’ve stated they have a set amount of steelbooks waiting, that’s it, once they’re gone, they’re gone. So why not say how much that is?

So no empty cases for those who already bought the steels?
No they cancelled that idea

It's 2 Editions

4K UHD Edition
Blu-ray Edition

EverythingBlu have said in replies to me and others that the 4K Edition includes both 4K UHD and Blu-ray Discs as in 2 discs per steelbook

I wonder though how they going to fit 2 discs in the existing steelbook as that has only 1 disc tray

Are are going to be using sticky hub for extra disc or they going to stack the discs
The hub in the steelbook is the older design for 1 disc
You can fit 2 discs but it's not ideal

Reactions: denizen
What I find funnier is only 2 out the 3 are decent films. The third one was awful and it was a film I don’t think they even used the book of the dead/living. Without Rachael Weisz the chemistry just wasn’t there, I can’t believe they decided to do it without her, like if she said the script was awful then maybe listen and redo it.

For being real leather though...if they redid the book of the dead with the same treatment I’d pick it up

Its rather a waste for me then. If they had the trilogy box steelbook i would be more inclined but since i already own the individuals double dipping on this is not worth the money.

Apart from the obvious and less obvious differences between THE BOOK OF THE LIVING and THE BOOK OF THE DEAD releases the difference that that will be most obvious is near the top of the spine in the form of the less than elegant "4K" logo which can't compare with the sexy "Blu-ray" logo ...
1561986610997.png
1561986755860.png

... and maybe time for something more angular and more modern-looking like this
1561987506300.png

As for 2 discs inside steelbooks designed for 1 disc I wonder what arrangement they've used here:-
1561986328988.png

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Lone Crusader