The Mummy: The Book of The Living (4K and Blu-ray SteelBooks) (EverythingBlu - BluPick Series #004) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: November 30, 2019
Purchase links: 4K - BD (Pre-order July 1 at 8 PM UK TIME )
Price:
£74.99 (4K) - £67.99 (BD)
Notes: 4K Edition includes both 4K and Blu-ray (2 Discs per Steelbook)

c25cffa5-2723-4098-84f7-f37526387c8d.png

Last edited:
:watch:

Did they kept the size of the Mummy Box at the Hot Fuzz Box or did they reduce the giant gap between Steels and Box in the top of the inside?

Anyway, a gold slipcase treated in the same way as their Book of the Dead slipcase would be so cool ... even if only for a single steelbook . . . better still with a new (gold) steelbook to match ... will sit ever so nicely on the shelf next to the black MUMMY trilogy The Book of the Dead edition:-
1543976050901.png
1543976314887.png

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k
The book of the living will not include 4K steelbooks
Below are a couple of replies on facebook

Reply 1
The 4k set will be complete with 4k discs in the amaray cases, placed inside The book of The Living slipcase.

The slipcase only will not contain any editions of The Mummy. This is for people who already own the Steelbooks or amarays or would now wish to buy them to put them in our slipcase.

If you are not aware of our Book of The Dead release you can see it on our store - www.everythingblustore.com

Reply 2
There is two options. One complete set with the previous, individual 4k amaray releases inside our Book of The Living.

Then, The Book of The Living slipcase on its own. No contents. That edition you can add any editions to them.

If you wish to purchase the 4k complete set, then swap out the discs of the Blu ray SteelBooks that you may already have, that is entirely up to you

Last edited:
Also, depending on what country you get your slips from, they can be of different thickness.

Did everythingblu originally have this idea for the first Mummy set but ended up going with steelbooks in the end?

Could explain the gaps in the box.... .

Also, depending on what country you get your slips from, they can be of different thickness.

Did everythingblu originally have this idea for the first Mummy set but ended up going with steelbooks in the end?

Could explain the gaps in the box.... .
There was no gaps in the book of the dead blu box

It had a plush interior with 2x dividers so that the steelbooks did not make contact with one another and was to avoid causing damage.

21271266_10213140276242085_7547480364252961661_n.jpg

21231088_10213140256521592_7235063535623450859_n.jpg

Last edited:
A bit of a surprise this new one is intended for covering up an amaray boxset, that's an odd decision. Why would they go down that route?
And option 2 is no less odd, it's going to fit both amarays and steelbooks? How? They aren't even the same dimensions!

I wish they were using this edition for the reboot instead of for a covert 4k re-release.

Based on later information looks like I was wrong in assuming that this item will be a single space Book of the Living slipcase for the 2017 MUMMY film w/Tom Cruise to sit alongside the triple space Book of the Dead slipbox on the shelf...
... instead, if I understand things correctly, sounds like it could be an exact replica of The Book of the Dead slipbox only in gold faux leather instead of black - trilogy sized (also w/ dividers?) aimed at those collectors that didn't buy the black Book of the Dead slipbox.

Not a bad idea at all to release a Book of the Living slipbox ... a re-release of the OOP Book of the Dead slipbox might have (understandably) annoyed some ... the new box in reality goes better with THE MUMMY steelbooks and is just perfect for those that might like to swap the steelbooks between both gorgeous boxes.

Price?
I'd pay £20 (including taxes and P&P) for an empty replica Book of the Living slipbox matching in design and style the previous Book of the Dead slipbox.

A bit of a surprise this new one is intended for covering up an amaray boxset, that's an odd decision. Why would they go down that route?
And option 2 is no less odd, it's going to fit both amarays and steelbooks? How? They aren't even the same dimensions!

I wish they were using this edition for the reboot instead of for a covert 4k re-release.
The slipcase is for 3 steelbooks or 3 Amaray cases not both same time
The replies on facebook mean if accurate
Book of the Living Blu Slipcase that includes the 3 films 4K UHD/Blu-ray in individual 4K amaray cases

You can also purchase the same book of living slipcase but be empty
The empty slipcase will fit the previous 3 individual mummy steelbooks or existing 4K amaray cases for those that already have steelbooks or Amaray editions of the films

Here is a photo of Book of Dead Blu box with 3 x Scanavo Blu-ray amaray cases inside
Steelbooks or standard size 14 mm UK Amaray Blu-ray Cases or 14 mm Scanavo Blu-ray Cases fit inside perfectly due to the 2x dividers that was used
47377816_10216825272924699_2063611028427505664_n.jpg

As to if the Book of the Living slipcase will be same type packaging as the Book of the Dead I don't know but I expect it might be if it's going to fit either steelbooks or standard 14 mm amaray cases

• Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k