The Mummy: The Book of The Living (4K and Blu-ray SteelBooks) (EverythingBlu - BluPick Series #004) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: November 30, 2019
Purchase links: 4K - BD (Pre-order July 1 at 8 PM UK TIME )
Price:
£74.99 (4K) - £67.99 (BD)
Notes: 4K Edition includes both 4K and Blu-ray (2 Discs per Steelbook)

c25cffa5-2723-4098-84f7-f37526387c8d.png

Last edited:
Just looked back the original release I only paid 55 GBP which includes shipping, that was a steal. Not to mention what it's worth today
Price difference can be explained by inflation and different leather quality. Real leather this time.

You know you want to order...

Sorry to be so exact on questions there may not be answers to but if they have a similar print run to the 1st Mummy release isn't there a good chance it would sell out before 3 weeks? I thought there was zero chance and they would print as many as possible but I didn't know they could only get there hands on a limited number of steelbooks. I ordered my original Book of the Dead right away so I can't remember how long the fitst one took to sell out?
Book of the Dead Sold out in less than 24 hours

This release though is different
They will be making to order going by the amount of orders they get during the 3 week period

This is what EverthingBlu have said on Facebook
Hello, no, it is limited from a remaining stock pile we will update stock levels as necessary, also after the first 3 week window we will announce how many numbered copies has been sold. Thank you!

They will order more steelbooks if needed during the 3 week period based on amount of orders they get and this decides also how many numbered Book of the Living Boxes get made
If you order after 3 week deadline midnight on July 22 you will not get a numbered edition
After the 3 week deadline has passed they will announce how many numbered copies has been sold

This release the print run of numbered editions is decided by how many orders they get as Book of the Living box is made to order based on amount of orders

I'm sure you want a numbered edition
So you must put an order in before midnight on July 22 as any orders done after that will be un-numbered

Book of the Dead Sold out in less than 24 hours

This release though is different
They will be making to order going by the amount of orders they get during the 3 week period

Hello, no, it is limited from a remaining stock pile we will update stock levels as necessary, also after the first 3 week window we will announce how many numbered copies has been sold. Thank you!

They will order more steelbooks if needed during the 3 week period based on amount of orders they get and this decides also how many numbered Book of the Living Boxes get made
If you order after 3 week deadline midnight on July 22 you will not get a numbered edition
After the 3 week deadline has passed they will announce how many numbered copies has been sold

This release the print run of numbered editions is decided by how many orders they get as Book of the Living box is made to order based on amount of orders

I'm sure you want a numbered edition
So you must put an order in before midnight on July 22 as any orders done after that will be un-numbered
Unless it sells out. Then the three week preorder window is meaningless. And there wouldn’t be any unnumbered slips either.

Their info is just wonky. They know how many steels they have for this so that’s all they should have said, we have enough for 600 or 800 or 1200, whatever. If you preorder within three weeks you get a numbered slip. If you don’t you don’t, and you risk on it selling out in the process.
That would have been much better info. Made to order info and other bits are irrelevant.

Unless it sells out. Then the three week preorder window is meaningless. And there wouldn’t be any unnumbered slips either.

Their info is just wonky. They know how many steels they have for this so that’s all they should have said, we have enough for 600 or 800 or 1200, whatever. If you preorder within three weeks you get a numbered slip. If you don’t you don’t, and you risk on it selling out in the process.
That would have been much better info. Made to order info and other bits are irrelevant.
They said they will re-stock the steelbooks if required as in order more based on the amount of orders they get
This release is made to order based on amount of orders they get

Universal done a re-print of the steelbooks this year so getting more steelbooks not an issue
What matters is if you want a numbered edition you must do an order before midnight on July 22

When it come to how many un-numbered editions they will do I'm sure they will provide an update after July 22

EverythingBlu have said after the 3 week deadline has passed they will announce how many numbered copies has been sold
You will then know the print run of the numbered edition

The print run of numbered edition could be a small amount or large amount it all depends on how many orders they get during the 3 week period
They will use existing steelbook stock they have or
order more if required

Last edited:
They said they will re-stock the steelbooks if required as in order more based on the amount of orders they get
This release is made to order based on amount of orders they get

Universal done a re-print of the steelbooks this year so getting more steelbooks not an issue
What matters is if you want a numbered edition you must do an order before midnight on July 22
Ok, this difference in our interpretation is bugging me @paulboland so unless you can provide a quote where they say they will restock steelbooks I think my second to last message still holds.
Yesterday, in response to this question on FB "hmmm so what is the purpose of immediate preorder if there is a 3 weeks to order? Why should I give money immediately instead after 3 weeks?"
EB had this to say: "You can purchase when ever you are ready but this is a limited product. We have a stock pile of SteelBooks, once they are gone they are gone. 680 copies of The Book of The Dead went in the first 24hrs achieving a sell out. You can wait but theres always the chance it won't be available at the end of the 3 weeks. Thank you"

So yeah... needlessly confusing pre-order from EB lol I don't understand why, that's the funniest thing of it all.

Facebook post from everythingblu

It is limited from a remaining stock pile we will update stock levels as necessary

We will update stock levels as necessary that means order more steelbooks if required

• Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k
Ok, so they have managed to say one thing and the complete opposite, and they can’t both be true.
Awesome job EB!!! :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

How to botch a pre-order 101

Ok, so they have managed to say one thing and the complete opposite, and they can’t both be true.
Awesome job EB!!! :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

How to botch a pre-order 101
It's very simple :rofl:
During the 3 week period based on amount of orders they get will decide how many Numbered Editions of The Book of Living will be made
They will use existing stock of steelbooks they have and depending on how many orders they will get decide if they need to get more steelbooks
They might not need to order more steelbooks if amount of orders they get is less than existing stock they have

The Book of Living is made to order

If they only had 200 steelbooks of existing stock example only and got 500 orders example only of Book of Living during the 3 week period guess what they will do in terms of getting more steelbooks take a guess :rofl: :giggle:

The book of Living is made to order as in the slipbox based on amount of orders they get
Numbered slipcase edition could be limited to 100 for all we know :rofl: as in all depends on how many orders they get during that 3 week period
Could 50/100/200/300/500 etc :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: DMD4k
It's very simple :rofl:
During the 3 week period based on amount of orders they get will decide how many Numbered Editions of The Book of Living will be made
They will use existing stock of steelbooks they have and depending on how many orders they will get decide if they need to get more steelbooks
They might not need to order more steelbooks if amount of orders they get is less than existing stock they have

The Book of Living is made to order

If they only had 200 steelbooks of existing stock example only and got 500 orders example only of Book of Living during the 3 week period guess what they will do in terms of getting more steelbooks take a guess :rofl: :giggle:

The book of Living is made to order as in the slipbox based on amount of orders they get
Numbered slipcase edition could be limited to 100 for all we know :rofl: as in all depends on how many orders they get during that 3 week period
Could 50/100/200/300/500 etc :LOL:
That's not simple at all, it's convoluted.

Simple would be we're making 1000, get them while they last because that's it.

That's not simple at all, it's convoluted.

Simple would be we're making 1000, get them while they last because that's it.
They don't know how many they are making of the slipcase as that will be decided on amount of orders they get

If they only had 100 steelbooks from existing stock for example and could not get more steelbooks they could not make more than 100 slipcases and would say it's limited to 100 from the start.

We will update stock levels as necessary means what it says but this might not be needed at all based on amount of orders they get during the first 3 week period
EverythingBlu Website
The first Pre-orders are open for a 3 week window which any orders placed inside this 3 weeks, will receive a NUMBERED slipcase.

Beyond the 3 weeks we will continue to sell the limited stock we have until it is gone but you will NOT receive a numbered slipcase.
They easily might be sold out after 3 week period and not do unnumbered edition if stock of steelboks remaining at that stage is low

I expect they would not replenish steelbook stock if they have none left after amount of orders they get after 3 week deadline has been reached and easily could end up only be a numbered edition but I expect that will be unlikely to happen IMO

You will know after the 3 week order deadline July 22 what the print run is for both the numbered slipcase editions