The Mummy: The Book of The Living (4K and Blu-ray SteelBooks) (EverythingBlu - BluPick Series #004) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: November 30, 2019
Purchase links: 4K - BD (Pre-order July 1 at 8 PM UK TIME )
Price:
£74.99 (4K) - £67.99 (BD)
Notes: 4K Edition includes both 4K and Blu-ray (2 Discs per Steelbook)

c25cffa5-2723-4098-84f7-f37526387c8d.png

Last edited:
Do you not have The Mummy (1932 Film) Steekbook
2 different steelbooks available

Heh, yes, in fact, I do (I have both the Alex Ross one and the previous release with the nice slip).
I like that idea even better.
So, to keep it all "Universal";
- The 1932 Mummy Steel
- The Legacy Collection
- The Fraser 1 Steel trilogy

:happy: Thanks for the quick thinking @paulboland !
mind, now we gotta convince EB! heh

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
Heh, yes, in fact, I do (I have both the Alex Roth one and the previous release with the nice slip).
I like that idea even better.
So, to keep it all "Universal";
- The 1932 Mummy Steel
- The Legacy Collection
- The Fraser 1 Steel trilogy

:happy: Thanks for the quick thinking @paulboland !
mind, now we gotta convince EB! heh
I gather you have the USA legacy Blu-ray release of The Mummy as UK release was a jumbo amaray and would not fit

USA legacy collection releases lot better than UK releases as the USA releases are standard amaray in embossed slipcases

UK slipcases not embossed and most are jumbo amaray

• Thanks
Reactions: Grendel
thanks to the work from Novobox and some nice embossed steels, the Book of the Dead release is genuinely very good (if interested/thinking about this one, unboxing here). i like (most of) the trilogy in a fun Saturday afternoon type way, so this it's a nice way to hold them all. not worth double dipping, though, but at least this release enables people who missed out first time to get one. :thumbs:

this release? genuine leather, nice idea, the gold box i like less than the black one, plus not worth a double, so pass for me.
Hopefully the new box is the exact same dimensions as the previous black one, otherwise it'll look odd beside one other. I think one of the Cornetto Trilogy wasn't the same height or something and stood out like a sore thumb lol.
yep, true dat.

i actually like the WWA trilogy release in a single pack idea. i also like the idea of eBlu focusing on British releases - i know they've never said that, but they could do a 'trilogy' for Lock Stock, Snatch and Rock'N'Rolla, for example, or similar. imagine how popular that would be?! :woot:

• Thanks
Reactions: Grendel
Man they messed up this pre order my god. If they had just said limited to 500, 750, 1000 whatever number of copies they probably would of sold out but this whole were going to let people order for 3 weeks and you can order as many as you want and then me will cut off orders and then they sort of changed there tune and it just became unclear what in the world they were doing so it just turned off a number of collectors including myself. I'm just going to wait and get one 6 months from now for less than retail. Boy this company has problems everything they have touched except the 1st Mummy release has been disaster.

• Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k
Eblu have had their problems but I would not characterize their edition rollouts a "disaster."
Well to be fair none of there 3 Exclusive titles and 12 exclusive editions have sold out. Only one of those 12 editions is gone, and they are not exactly new releases. The Blu Pick Series they sold the 3 editions of those but they had fairly small print runs so that's not exactly a magical achievement, now those could be great I have no idea I only own one? I will be completely transparent I do not own any of there releases except The Mummy The Book of the Dead. Last the Blu Pack only release Schindlers List which sold out 750 copies, no idea if that was any good?
I've seen both the Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz in person but only 1 of each of the editions, I thought they were both average. I haven't seen a copy of The World's End.
I remember the thead a mile long about the huge problems with getting either Hot Fuzz or Shaun of the Dead, I am pretty sure it was Shaun release done on time which they didn't, people wanted refunds, and it being the first release it was a mess.
So I fully admit alot of what I am saying is just from reading the threads and looking at pictures. It's very possible I've got it all wrong? I shouldn't have said disaster I admit it's not my place I haven't seen enough content to probably go that far and think the 1st Mummy is very well done. I was set to purchase the new Mummy relasese but the information that came out from them was so ridiculous I just decided this is to much of a mess, at worst I can get it at a later date, I'd rather wait and see.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: nafosb
it is limited to 850 for 4K version and already more than half sold out. The other day there was an email. Nevertheless their releases looks awesome. I see no issue here.

Man they messed up this pre order my god. If they had just said limited to 500, 750, 1000 whatever number of copies they probably would of sold out but this whole were going to let people order for 3 weeks and you can order as many as you want and then me will cut off orders and then they sort of changed there tune and it just became unclear what in the world they were doing so it just turned off a number of collectors including myself. I'm just going to wait and get one 6 months from now for less than retail. Boy this company has problems everything they have touched except the 1st Mummy release has been disaster.

I own EB's Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz and have World's End on Order (all lentis) but otherwise, no experience with them.
I was far too tardy to the party for BotD, so jumped on this one, since the price is not really much more than a couple of Premiums from other retailers.
Also, I love the Fraser Mummy films as they make for great popcorn fliks.
This package looks truly stunning and I sincerely hope they do well on sales so that they put effort into more great editions. :happy:

I remember the thead a mile long about the huge problems with getting either Hot Fuzz or Shaun of the Dead, I am pretty sure it was Shaun release done on time which they didn't, people wanted refunds, and it being the first release it was a mess.
So I fully admit alot of what I am saying is just from reading the threads and looking at pictures. It's very possible I've got it all wrong? I shouldn't have said disaster I admit it's not my place I haven't seen enough content to probably go that far and think the 1st Mummy is very well done. I was set to purchase the new Mummy relasese but the information that came out from them was so ridiculous I just decided this is to much of a mess, at worst I can get it at a later date, I'd rather wait and see.

Shaun was their very first release, and then they announced some other things too. It was not without issues, but I remember a few other retailers having issues that delayed premium releases, like the Blufans Iron Man or Wall-e.

They had a rough start but I believe they’ve started to hit their stride and really put out some amazing releases.

• Thanks
Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
Before SHAUN OF THE DEAD KILLER KLOWNS was also not without delay issues with a release date set for October 25. 2015 but in reality January 28, 2016 was the date of dispatch . . . all 300 copies were shifted in under two months though.