The Mummy: The Book of The Living (4K and Blu-ray SteelBooks) (EverythingBlu - BluPick Series #004) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: November 30, 2019
Purchase links: 4K - BD (Pre-order July 1 at 8 PM UK TIME )
Price:
£74.99 (4K) - £67.99 (BD)
Notes: 4K Edition includes both 4K and Blu-ray (2 Discs per Steelbook)

c25cffa5-2723-4098-84f7-f37526387c8d.png

Last edited:
Apart from the obvious and less obvious differences between THE BOOK OF THE LIVING and THE BOOK OF THE DEAD releases the difference that that will be most obvious is near the top of the spine in the form of the less than elegant "4K" logo which can't compare with the sexy "Blu-ray" logo ...
View attachment 436126 View attachment 436127

... and maybe time for something more angular and more modern-looking like this View attachment 436128

As for 2 discs inside steelbooks designed for 1 disc I wonder what arrangement they've used here:-
View attachment 436125
That UHD logo is still too wide and they need a design that doesn't detract too much from the main artwork but yet can still get the point across. Something such as this would be more subtle and still give you the proper notification of what it is.
4Ka._SL75_CB494915331_.jpg

This will answer anyone wondering about the disc configuration inside the steelbooks:-

From EverythingBlu (1 Jul at 16:07) ...
"Hello,
The 4K discs will be placed on the spindles. The Blu-rays will be in custom disc envelopes placed inside the SteelBooks.
Thank you.
Kind Regards
EverythingBlu"

... to my query of earlier today (1 Jul at 14:03)
Dear Sir,
Sorry to trouble you again but was curious about the arrangement for the 4K disc in each of the three MUMMY steelbooks.
Please let me know if ...
- there will be an extra hub or tray for the 4K disc?
- the 4K disc will be stacked on the same spindle as the 2D disc (if that's possible)?
- the 4K disc will be in an envelope of the kind used for replacement discs?
Yours faithfully,

• Informative
Reactions: jonnybobbytimmy
Honestly its pretty smart for this release. Not everyone will double dip and they dont want to have a bunch of extra stock lying around for a year or whatever.
I think your exactly right but for me it's kind of a turnoff. Had they made around 1,000 copies good chance I would have bought one.
So they will take preorders for 3 weeks and then number those purchased in that 3 week time period. After that they will sell whatever they have leftover. 3 weeks is a long time why even number them if your going to let people otder copies for that long what's the point?

Could this have something to do with all there exclusives failing to sell out and they don't want anymore stock that's never going to sell out. Maybe doing the preorder like this they can sell as many of these as they can with zero risk and not cap themselves by putting a preorder amount?
Just doesn't seem limited, I'm not a fan of this way of doing preorders but I think I understand why there doing it.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k
I think your exactly right but for me it's kind of a turnoff. Had they made around 1,000 copies good chance I would have bought one.
So they will take preorders for 3 weeks and then number those purchased in that 3 week time period. After that they will sell whatever they have leftover.

Could this have something to do with all there exclusives failing to sell out and they don't want anymore stock that's never going to sell out. Maybe doing the preorder like this they can sell as many of these as they can with zero risk and not cap themselves by putting a preorder amount?
Just doesn't seem limited, I'm not a fan of this way of doing preorders but I think I understand why there doing it.
All the Blupick series and Blupack series releases sold out quickly
Both Blupick and Blupack have WWA steelbooks and are limited as they only get at a limited amount of steelbooks

This release has the previous WWA steelbooks and is limited amount of previous steelbooks they have left over
Don't be surprised if this release also sells out quickly

Totally different to the exclusive steelbook EE series releases in terms of print runs

I doubt they have anywhere close to 1000. Original run was only 680 so I assume this will probably clock in close to that number but probably even less

• Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k
BluPick maybe, but BluPack have not sold out quickly, IMO. They've sold out, but not super fast. They've taken weeks to sell out so far.
This release has the previous WWA steelbooks and is limited amount of previous steelbooks they have left over
Don't be surprised if this release also sells out quickly
Yeah, but how many steels do they have? 250/movie? 400/movie? That's the thing, why do they refuse to say? Are they trying to scare off people?

I doubt they have anywhere close to 1000. Original run was only 680 so I assume this will probably clock in close to that number but probably even less
My gut feeling is this is not going to be as limited as the first.

I think EBlu should offer just the empty leather slip box as an option. I certainly would purchase one. In my will I could leave the Book of the Living box to my nephew. The Book of the Dead box I would want buried along with me. I am all for anything that will facilitate my transition to the afterlife.

These have WWA steelbooks and are limited as they only get at a limited amount of steelbooks

This release has the previous WWA steelbooks and is limited amount of previous steelbooks they have

Totally different to the exclusive steelbook EE series releases
I understand the two different types the exclusives haven't sold out at all but there WWA versions Blupick/pack have, I purchased there previous Mummy release. They also sold out because all the different Blu Pick/Pack titles had very limited print runs from 300-1,000 copies, unlike the exclusives. You know more about this than I do clearly but if they can only get a limited amount of steelbooks then why do they not have a number of units they already know they can fulfill and just announce it? Are you saying if they end up selling 1,500 of these, which is about double there previous Mummy release in say 10 days that they will say sold out at that point because they can't get enough steelbooks and turn down business? So if that's what your saying then people better put in orders today or soon because they will probably sell out before the 3 weeks is up correct? Since the most they have ever sold were 1,000 units in any of the Blupick/pack series releases.
Guess I was wrong and thought they would sell as many as collectors could buy during 3 week time period.

Last edited:
I understand the two different types the exclusives haven't sold out at all but there WWA versions Blupick/pack have, I purchased there previous Mummy release. They also sold out because they all had very limited print runs from 300-1,000 copies, unlike the exclusives. You know more about this than I do clearly but if they can only get a limited amount of steelbooks then why do they not have a number of units they already know they can fulfill and just announce it? Are you saying if they end up selling 1,500 of these, which is about double there previous Mummy release in say 10 days that they will say sold out at that point because they can't get enough steelbooks and turn down business? So if that's what your saying then people better put in orders today or soon because they will probably sell out before the 3 weeks is up correct? Since the most they have ever sold were 1,000 units i the Blupick/pack series.
Guess I wasn't thinking about this the right way at all and thought they would sell as many as collectors could buy during 3 week time period.
I don't know how many steelbooks they have left over but there was a re-print of the WWA steelbooks done in Europe by Universal so it is possible to get more steelbooks

After the 3 week period deadline is reached any orders done after this will be un-numbered

I'm sure after the 3 week period has passed they will say how many un-numbered living box they can supply but that just me guessing to be honest

EverythingBlu really only know answers to how many they can make

I don't expect the print run on this be a huge amount
Remember Book of the Dead was limited to 680

I will be ordering the 4K edition tonight I won't be waiting until July 22 to make a decision if to do an order :naughty:

I don't know how many steelbooks they have left over but there was a re-print of the WWA steelbooks done in Europe by Universal so it is possible to get more steelbooks

After the 3 week period deadline is reached any orders done after this will be un-numbered

I'm sure after the 3 week period has passed they will say how many un-numbered living box they can supply but that just me guessing to be honest

EverythingBlu really only know answers to how many they can make

I don't expect the print run on this be a huge amount
Remember Book of the Dead was limited to 680

I will be ordering the 4K edition tonight I won't be waiting until July 22 to make a decision if to do an order :naughty:
Sorry to be so exact on questions there may not be answers to but if they have a similar print run to the 1st Mummy release isn't there a good chance it would sell out before 3 weeks? I thought there was zero chance and they would print as many as possible but I didn't know they could only get there hands on a limited number of steelbooks. I ordered my original Book of the Dead right away so I can't remember how long the fitst one took to sell out?

The original sold out the first day or so they said.
This one may sell out before the three week window is over. Their info has been imprecise to say the least.

The original sold out the first day or so they said.
This one may sell out before the three week window is over. Their info has been imprecise to say the least.
Just looked back the original release I only paid 55 GBP which includes shipping, that was a steal. Not to mention what it's worth today