The Mummy: The Book of The Living (4K and Blu-ray SteelBooks) (EverythingBlu - BluPick Series #004) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: November 30, 2019
Purchase links: 4K - BD (Pre-order July 1 at 8 PM UK TIME )
Price:
£74.99 (4K) - £67.99 (BD)
Notes: 4K Edition includes both 4K and Blu-ray (2 Discs per Steelbook)

c25cffa5-2723-4098-84f7-f37526387c8d.png

Last edited:
Pretty much the same thing Mr Boland, just different colours and optional 4K discs

There are some slight differences in the images used on the box but pretty much what you said

There are some slight differences in the images used on the box but pretty much what you said

Looks to me just a cash in from their successful previous release for new collectors that are joining late in the game. Or the savvy way is to swap the 4K discs in from the old release. But you don’t get that ‘4K UHD’ logo.

The black one looks better IMO, the gold one looks a bit cheap lol

It's clearly the same mould with slight differences to the design. Not a lot of change at all really and cost effective for EB. However, I guess the point of this is that they match. The black one looks better anyway.

Looks good although would have preferred a darker, richer gold . . . but I guess the colour is fine as it matches the anemic gold on The Book of the Dead:-
1561769416915.png
1561770536473.png
1561769118401.png

Anything came of the Crimson Blood book?
1561769056055.png
1561769678363.png

Last edited:
Whilst I don’t want to defend EB, nor am I interested in this, but although it’s a similar design it’s not the same. Different colour, this time genuine leather and different design images on the book compared to the book of the dead. The lines are the same but the images and the image in the lock section are all different.

Tbh it’s no different to other companies doing one click boxes to match a sequel etc or steelbooks in a film/ tv series matching like thrones or potter for example but obviously people aren’t looking at the images clearer

I personally don’t see the point in this because the black version looked much.better but another way for them to get certain customers to order again I suppose. I don’t even remember a book of the living in these films (and I don’t care what film it’s in before I waste anyone’s time letting me know)

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
Whilst I don’t want to defend EB, nor am I interested in this, but although it’s a similar design it’s not the same. Different colour, this time genuine leather and different design images on the book compared to the book of the dead. The lines are the same but the images and the image in the lock section are all different.

Tbh it’s no different to other companies doing one click boxes to match a sequel etc or steelbooks in a film/ tv series matching like thrones or potter for example but obviously people aren’t looking at the images clearer

I personally don’t see the point in this because the black version looked much.better but another way for them to get certain customers to order again I suppose. I don’t even remember a book of the living in these films (and I don’t care what film it’s in before I waste anyone’s time letting me know)
It always bothered me that I own the Book of the Dead when I am not dead. I want the Book of the Living because I am still living as far as I know.

Wow, a lot of negativity in this thread for such a beautiful release.
I have an idea, if ya don't like it, don't buy it?
And if you have no plans of buying it, why do you feel a need to share that sentiment? I honestly, don't really care.
Some of us definitely LIKE IT. :)

Reactions: C.C. 95
Looks good although would have preferred a darker, richer gold . . . but I guess the colour is fine as it matches the anemic gold on The Book of the Dead:-
View attachment 435788 View attachment 435790 View attachment 435786

View attachment 435785 View attachment 435789
2017 The Book of the Dead edition
2019 The Book of the Living edition
2021 The Book of the Living Dead edition
2023 The Crimson Blood edition
2025 Everything Blu goes out of business for trying to sell too many Mummy Trilogy editions.:ohno:

View attachment 435788 View attachment 435790 View attachment 435786

View attachment 435785 View attachment 435789
The Crimson Blood edition
This was a concept only , made from some left over materials
EverythingBlu made it clear at the time it was not going to be actually released to purchase

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95 and DMD4k
TBH wouldn't have minded a set of these in four different colours - including the concept colour . . . my favourite being the grey to best match the steelbooks:-
1561803033298.png
+
1561804671597.png

Not going to happen and obviously just going to be one for THE DEAD in black pleather instead of obsidian and one for THE LIVING in (as advertised) genuine leather instead of gold ...

As for the colour - more Jimmy Choo -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- than Chanel ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I
1561804293469.png
1561804393763.png

Last edited: