[Far above the moon]
Premium Supporter
Nov 26, 2017
Finland
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: The Mutants

Tagline: X-Men

Genre: Fantasy, Action, Adventure

Plot: Marvel Studios' The Mutants Movie will Be the First X-Men Movie!

Theres actually an issue at the moment that apparently Disney/ marvel studios can’t use the x men until after 2025

Which means that Marvel can’t recast or enter production on a film that includes roles held by some recent principle actors In the Fox x men franchise

It’s apparently to do with 20th century Fox’s contractual obligations to the actors in the X Men franchise that have carried over to Disney until 2025

It also explains why Patrick Stewart was used in dr strange 2. And how it won’t effect deadpool because no one is being recast

Now this does mean they could use other characters from that world that was not used under contract or played by a recent actor when it was Fox but then that would be sh!t. We all want wolverine, storm etc

Between the start of 2025 and the first of the new avengers films (Kang dynasty) there are 3 unannounced spots but that’s still not enough time to Introduce them as pre production would be before 2025 which is apparently not allowed.

I don’t know how true this is but I’ve read it a few times. Im hoping it’s wrong and we get a x men film before secret wars in maybe 2024 just before fantastic 4. But I think that will go to the young avengers tv show

Theres actually an issue at the moment that apparently Disney/ marvel studios can’t use the x men until after 2025

Which means that Marvel can’t recast or enter production on a film that includes roles held by some recent principle actors In the Fox x men franchise

It’s apparently to do with 20th century Fox’s contractual obligations to the actors in the X Men franchise that have carried over to Disney until 2025

It also explains why Patrick Stewart was used in dr strange 2. And how it won’t effect deadpool because no one is being recast

Now this does mean they could use other characters from that world that was not used under contract or played by a recent actor when it was Fox but then that would be sh!t. We all want wolverine, storm etc

Between the start of 2025 and the first of the new avengers films (Kang dynasty) there are 3 unannounced spots but that’s still not enough time to Introduce them as pre production would be before 2025 which is apparently not allowed.

I don’t know how true this is but I’ve read it a few times. Im hoping it’s wrong and we get a x men film before secret wars in maybe 2024 just before fantastic 4. But I think that will go to the young avengers tv show

Never read that before, would make sense as to why Feige didn't drop the X-Men the first opportunity he got though

I still hope Jackman returns as Wolvie, I know multiple different actors have played Spidey, Batman and the likes but I can't picture anyone else as Wolverine. We obviously need him and Reynolds on screen together as well. Doubt it'll happen though as I doubt Jackman will want to start playing the character again for another 10-15 years. Just hope they get that casting right as Taron Egerton is a hard no from me (n)

Reactions: Flloydo
This hasn't been confirmed yet. I'm sure we'll find out by D23 tho.

If what I said is true then apparently they aren’t even allowed to officially announce anything either which is mad. But that could all be rubbish anyway.

I do fully expect deadpool 3 to be properly announced (with a Date) and at least 6 or 7 of those blank spaces announced too. The world will also most likely get the antman and guardians trailer online aswell

Gunn already confirmed the trailer wasn’t 100% complete which is why only comic con was shown it
...Should we maybe wait on making threads until things are official? Otherwise we'll have hundreds of threads of rumored movies or shows.

Agreed. Although we do know we are getting an X men / Mutants film at some point so I suppose this one can slide but I do agree

Agreed. Although we do know we are getting an X men / Mutants film at some point so I suppose this one can slide but I do agree

I see about 20 "CONFIRMED: Insert Marvel Movie or Show in the works" on twitter a day. All nothing but fanboy rumors that they make up for clicks.

I see about 20 "CONFIRMED: Insert Marvel Movie or Show in the works" on twitter a day. All nothing but fanboy rumors that they make up for clicks.
X men is 100% happening

@kaw Agreed with flloydo. X-Men is definitely happening once the legal bits are sorted.

And Feige mentioned something real quick about it during SDCC too. It's in one of the videos I shared in the Avengers threads.

X men is 100% happening

Never said it wasn't. But we don't know to what aspect.
Are they going to do individual character movies that eventually lead up to a X-Men film (Avengers Style)? Or disney+ shows? Is it going to be titled X-Men or The Mutants or Wolverine and his little buddies?

Until it's officially announced. We don't know for sure what we're getting.

Eh, that was joke - oh, you mean of this film, you know TMDb
As it's been mentionned by @kaw , before creating a thread, we try to have some kind of "confirmation" by citing the source. There are numerous claims that this will happens, we all know it will... BUT please next time, cite the source and no TMDB ain't a reliable source.

Reactions: kaw
@Space Cadet Dude. Don't feel discouraged from posting. I think I speak for everyone on here in saying that we want people to enjoy coming to this forum and talking about movies.
We all love and are passionate about them which is why we are here. We also want to keep this place organized and clean. When it comes to stuff like this, there are so many rumors flying around about Marvel projects right now its hard to know what to believe. If we make a tread on every rumor out there its going to be a mess. haha

Reactions: Drum18
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database