Horror-Theatrical The Neon Demon - In theaters June, 2016

Jan 31, 2012
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: The Neon Demon (2016)

Genre: [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]Horror[/GENRE], [GENRE]Mystery[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Nicolas Winding Refn[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Elle Fanning[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Abbey Lee[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jena Malone[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Keanu Reeves[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Christina Hendricks[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Bella Heathcote[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2016-01-01[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]0[/RUNTIME]

Plot: An aspiring model finds herself in a terrifying predicament with her survival hanging in the balance.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
6ihkIMgK3wfOpS9yT9oVUPXSTiZ.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

There isn't all too much info at this point but I figured with so many Drive fans floating around in here, people would be interested to hear a scant few details and check out the first poster (or concept?) image for Nicolas Winding Refn's all-female horror flick.

Credit goes to http://twitchfilm.com/ for the info:

GAUMONT & WILD BUNCH encounter THE NEON DEMON...

After Only God Forgives (in competition at Cannes Film Festival 2013), Gaumont and Wild Bunch team up again to co-finance and co-distribute the next film by Nicolas Winding Refn.

The Neon Demon reveals a horror tale with a young female driven cast, written by NWR and Mary Laws.

About the origin of the movie, Refn said, "One morning I woke and realized I was both surrounded and dominated by women. Strangely, a sudden urge was planted in me to make a horror film about vicious beauty. After making DRIVE and falling madly in love with the electricity of Los Angeles, I knew I had to return to tell the story of THE NEON DEMON."

Refn's partner, Lene Borglum (Valhalla Rising, Only God Forgives) will be producing under their joint company, Space Rocket.

Principal photography is set to begin in the first quarter of 2015 and will be filmed in Los Angeles, CA. The cast will be announced later this year. Refn's regular collaborators, editor Matthew Newman (Bronson, Drive, Only God Forgives) and composter Cliff Martinez (Drive, Only God Forgives) will be joined by director of photography, Philippe Le Sourd (The Grand Master) on the production of NWR's film.

Gaumont and Wild Bunch will be selling the movie at the upcoming AFM for a 2016 release.

"I'm very excited to continue my wonderful relationship with Wild Bunch and Gaumont on my next film, THE NEON DEMON. This movie is a manifestation of the strong ties between us and will lead to many more adventures," said Nicolas Winding Refn.

-------

I just hope this one will get NWR back on track after Only God Forgives. :emb:

Attachments

• neon.jpg
    neon.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 309
Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I'm getting black swan/ Mullholland drive for some reason

I couldn't quite think what it was until I see those 3 proper speaking clips

You never know, you may get what you want and she is covered in someone's else blood at some point ;) you freak.....

..... (Joke, I want that too haha)
I'm not a fan of Mulholland Drive, so hopefully it's nothing like that. :wtf:

Haha well, you can't have a NWR film without some blood/violence. :naughty:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
I'm not a fan of Mulholland Drive, so hopefully it's nothing like that. :wtf:

Haha well, you can't have a NWR film without some blood/violence. :naughty:

I don't want it to be like Mullholland (it can be a hard watch at times and you have to be in the mood) but I get a slight vibe. I think it's the girl from hunger games and sucker punch, the way she is and her dialogue (what I've seen so far)

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
It's obviously inspired by Black Swan and Mulholland Drive (two of my favorite movies).

Elle and that other girl are really good! And the (German?) woman is stunning. Not sure about Jena Malone. It might just be Refn's dialogue which can be awkward sometimes.

I don't want it to be like Mullholland (it can be a hard watch at times and you have to be in the mood) but I get a slight vibe. I think it's the girl from hunger games and sucker punch, the way she is and her dialogue (what I've seen so far)
Couldn't think who you meant when you said "girl from Hunger Games and Sucker Punch", then I remembered... Jena Malone. I still think of her as the girl from Donnie Darko lol.

• Thanks
Reactions: lolwut and Flloydo
Couldn't think who you meant when you said "girl from Hunger Games and Sucker Punch", then I remembered... Jena Malone. I still think of her as the girl from Donnie Darko lol.

Yeah darko is the only time I've really liked her acting and found her hot too.
(She was good in some smaller roles too)

• Thanks
Reactions: lolwut and Noodles
Some people apparently shouted abuse at the screen during its Cannes screening, but then it received a 7-minute long standing ovation at the end... only at Cannes. :rolleyes:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and Sigill
Some people apparently shouted abuse at the screen during its Cannes screening, but then it received a 7-minute long standing ovation at the end... only at Cannes. :rolleyes:

Where'd you read about the standing ovation? I know Little White Lies called it Refn's best film and gave it a 5/5. They also called Only God Forgives a masterpiece.

You know what they say about boos and abuse at Cannes

The film will be worth watching

(Pulp fiction & taxi driver :whistle:)

• Thanks
Sounds like the usual Cannes screening! Lol!:p

You know what they say about boos and abuse at Cannes

The film will be worth watching

(Pulp fiction & taxi driver :whistle:)
Haha exactly! Can't believe how immature some of them are though. Shouting abuse during the screening... how old are they, 10?

Where'd you read about the standing ovation? I know Little White Lies called it Refn's best film and gave it a 5/5. They also called Only God Forgives a masterpiece.
Pretty much everywhere... Twitter and Instagram mostly. Seen some short clips of it too, including one where NWR kissed Elle Fanning, which felt a bit wrong if I'm honest lol. Well, LWL aren't wrong about OGF... it is a masterpiece! :D

• Thanks
Haha exactly! Can't believe how immature some of them are though. Shouting abuse during the screening... how old are they, 10?

Pretty much everywhere... Twitter and Instagram mostly. Seen some short clips of it too, including one where NWR kissed Elle Fanning, which felt a bit wrong if I'm honest lol. Well, LWL aren't wrong about OGF... it is a masterpiece! :D
I know, it's a bit ridiculous. If you don't like it just don't clap at the end but booing and shouting out is a bit childish. I think they do it just for effect! I'm still looking forward to it though, plenty of good films have had bad receptions at Cannes! Lol!:D

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and Noodles
I know, it's a bit ridiculous. If you don't like it just don't clap at the end but booing and shouting out is a bit childish. I think they do it just for effect! I'm still looking forward to it though, plenty of good films have had bad receptions at Cannes! Lol!:D
My thoughts exactly mate... not only is it disrespectful to the people involved in making the film, but it also ruins the experience for others viewing it. Seriously, even my 7 year old niece is better behaved at the cinema. Apart from that though, the reactions seem to be mostly positive - I mean, a 7-minute standing ovation... that has to be a record! Glad you're still looking forward to it dude, as am I. :)

• Thanks
My thoughts exactly mate... not only is it disrespectful to the people involved in making the film, but it also ruins the experience for others viewing it. Seriously, even my 7 year old niece is better behaved at the cinema. Apart from that though, the reactions seem to be mostly positive - I mean, a 7-minute standing ovation... that has to be a record! Glad you're still looking forward to it dude, as am I. :)
Yeah a 7 minute ovation sounds like a lot of people loved it! I've read a few of the reviews and it seems mixed but it's sounds very much like a similar style to his other movies. I have loved all them so far so pretty sure I will enjoy this!:)

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles and Flloydo

Very immature but like @Sigill said quite a few amazing and cult films that even went on the win awards like oscars had booing and stuff so I don't listen to anything about reactions from Cannes

Apparently the kristen Stewart film had booing also and that seems decent and also that's now getting positive feedback from people wanting to see it due of the boos because of past experinces (like pulp / taxi driver)

7 minute standing ovation is mega though, crazy long

Anyways still can't wait to see this.

Oh what you mean kissed her? Like properly on the lips or just a happy at the reation peck on the cheek?

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles and Sigill
Very immature but like @Sigill said quite a few amazing and cult films that even went on the win awards like oscars had booing and stuff so I don't listen to anything about reactions from Cannes

Apparently the kristen Stewart film had booing also and that seems decent and also that's now getting positive feedback from people wanting to see it due of the boos because of past experinces (like pulp / taxi driver)

7 minute standing ovation is mega though, crazy long

Anyways still can't wait to see this.

Oh what you mean kissed her? Like properly on the lips or just a happy at the reation peck on the cheek?
Every film has its lovers and haters, so nothing new really. I just find the reaction of some of the people at Cannes uncalled for. Thankfully I never take notice of critics/reviews anyway, so they can talk s*** about a film as much as they want... if it piques my interest, then I'll check it out no matter what any one else says. :D

I've seen a few clips of the standing ovation now, and it actually felt kind of awkward because of the length... it just kept going whilst NWR and the cast just stood there lol.

As for the kiss, judge for yourself...

Every film has its lovers and haters, so nothing new really. I just find the reaction of some of the people at Cannes uncalled for. Thankfully I never take notice of critics/reviews anyway, so they can talk s*** about a film as much as they want... if it piques my interest, then I'll check it out no matter what any one else says. :D

I've seen a few clips of the standing ovation now, and it actually felt kind of awkward because of the length... it just kept going whilst NWR and the cast just stood there lol.

As for the kiss, judge for yourself...

I pretty much go by trailers or recomendations and if it seems appealing I go for it. Sometimes you randomly find a gem

Oh ok, that was a smooch. **** it she's 18 now :LOL::drool::D

• Thanks