The Nice Guys (Blu-ray SteelBook) (The On Masterpiece Collection 006) (KimchiDVD Exclusive #75) [Korea]

Which edition will you be going for?

• Total voters

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
Release date: July 31, 2019
Purchase links: Full Slip A1 (430 sets) - Full Slip A2 (300 sets) - Lenticular (430 sets) - One Click (220 sets) - (Pre-order July 4 at 3 PM Korea time KST) Check your local timings HERE
Price: $37.99 (Individual Editions) - $122 (One Click)
Group buy: USA & Canada only
Kimchi - The Nice Guys (A1) FullSlip SteelBook Group Buy - USA & CANADA ONLY
Kimchi - The Nice Guys (A2) FullSlip SteelBook Group Buy - USA & CANADA ONLY
Kimchi - The Nice Guys (Lenticular) FullSlip SteelBook Group Buy - USA & CANADA ONLY
Kimchi - The Nice Guys (OneClick BoxSet) SteelBook Group Buy - USA & CANADA ONLY

A1.jpgA2.jpglenti.jpgOC.jpg
55840309_2518108005083068_5625991130047840256_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My full slip A2 arrived today and I’m very impressed with the finish. It has the same kind of glitter/ sparkle finish to blu collection hateful eight and mantas la la land.

Actually looks amazing in hand. I can’t stand A1 but I was worried about A2 and after all the comments about the lenti I thought I’d made the wrong choice but now I would of been happy with the A2 or lenti. Just glad I didn’t go for A1. I really don’t get what everyone loves about that slip

Received both of my full slips today and B is definitely my favourite now that I have them in hand... love the shimmery type grain and slight embossing, and not to mention that it feels more like it belongs to the rest of the package due to it also being orange.

Not that I don't like the colours on A, but I'm not really a fan of the splatter effect in general, and especially in this case (it looks kinda random IMO). Plus I noticed the images of both Gosling and Crowe are quite blurry, which instantly put me off.

I didn’t realise you ordered A2, I’ve not been on here today and literally just sent you a video of the finish lol. So ignore that

Reactions: Noodles
My full slip A2 arrived today and I’m very impressed with the finish. It has the same kind of glitter/ sparkle finish to blu collection hateful eight and mantas la la land.

Actually looks amazing in hand. I can’t stand A1 but I was worried about A2 and after all the comments about the lenti I thought I’d made the wrong choice but now I would of been happy with the A2 or lenti. Just glad I didn’t go for A1. I really don’t get what everyone loves about that slip

I didn’t realise you ordered A2, I’ve not been on here today and literally just sent you a video of the finish lol. So ignore that
pics please mate

Reactions: Flloydo
Just noticed that the poster is completely different to that in beauty shot which is slightly annoying. I wanted that original poster art on the poster

Now it’s exactly the steelbook art but more orange

FFC3D2A5-C934-43AE-9160-35FA6CAD22C4.jpeg

When I look at a beautiful woman's partially bare chest I don't want to see two dudes looking back at me, no matter how nice they may be. Takes me out of my reverie. Slip A2 (n)

I'd take them two looking back at me on a woman’s partially bare chest over goslings giant ‘*** face’ staring at me on slip A1:thumbs:

Last edited by a moderator:
What are the other ‘The on series’ exclusives?

This is no.6, from dusk till dawn is no.5 and pans labyrinth is no. 2 but I can’t see what the other 3 are

Unless they are not all steelbooks

What are the other ‘The on series’ exclusives?

This is no.6, from dusk till dawn is no.5 and pans labyrinth is no. 2 but I can’t see what the other 3 are

Unless they are not all steelbooks
Seems to be
1. Waikiki Brothers
3. You Were Never Really Here
4. Lover's Concerto

1 and 4 are Korean movies and it does look like none of them are steelbooks.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: djjez83 and Flloydo
Seems to be
1. Waikiki Brothers
3. You Were Never Really Here
4. Lover's Concerto

1 and 4 are Korean movies and it does look like none of them are steelbooks.

Thanks.

Ahh I remember ‘you were never really here’ in the other section. I was a bit disappointed it wasn’t a steelbook. Love that film.

Cheers for clearing that up. I kinda wish they wouldn’t include all formats in their numbering system and do separate numbers for the different editons. So this would be no.3 as it’s a steelbook and the other editons you mentioned numbered accordingly to their format

Reactions: spriggan02
Got mine today

View attachment 441567

Really not sure about the finish on the slip. I looks like it should be like Manta's scratch resistant finish but it doesn't actually have a texture to it at all. Really weird.
Daaaaaaaamn!!! That's one nice looking slip

I was torn but opted for 'A' in the end, due to the back of the steelbook using similar art as the reverse of this slip. I might have to double dip now because the finish on this is sublime. :OMG::hungry::drool:

Like @Flloydo pointed out, it looks like the same finish used on The Blu Collection Hateful 8, which is amazing in-hand.

Me neither... I actually dislike slip A even more now that I've seen it in hand. Surprised no one else has mentioned the blurriness on that one either.

Lol no worries... I can't even remember what I've ordered half the time, never mind other folks. :wacky:

Tbh the more I see live pictures of the 3 editions the more I like my A1. Don't have it in hands yet so can't check for the blurriness but I still love it all around so that just does for me I guess.

Me neither... I actually dislike slip A even more now that I've seen it in hand. Surprised no one else has mentioned the blurriness on that one either.

Lol no worries... I can't even remember what I've ordered half the time, never mind other folks. :wacky:
Same here, I thought I ordered the lenti but apparently I got both full slips, and the first thing I noticed on slip A1 is the blurry images. It's one thing to use low-res images on the back of a lenti (U'Mania's Aquaman) but to have that on both sides on a full slip.. very disappointing. :sweat:
Slip A2 is a nice surprise though, really like how it turned out.

Reactions: Noodles
Same here, I thought I ordered the lenti but apparently I got both full slips, and the first thing I noticed on slip A1 is the blurry images. It's one thing to use low-res images on the back of a lenti (U'Mania's Aquaman) but to have that on both sides on a full slip.. very disappointing. :sweat:
Slip A2 is a nice surprise though, really like how it turned out.
Kinda wish I'd ordered the lenti as my extra (rather than slip A) as well to be honest. Obviously I'm still very happy with slip B though... it's different, and I don't believe I own an edition with that type of finish.

As for the blurry images on slip A... very surprised they passed that, and I'm even more surprised that no one here seems to care about it, considering the uproar there's been before with similar cases.

Reactions: Mickle_89
Surprised no one else has mentioned the blurriness on that one either.
I've got my copy yesterday and the first thing I noticed after I had unsealed it was the blurriness, especially on the front. The backside isn't as bad. Wanted to post my set of pics now (and mention the blurry images), but just realized I forgot to copy the edited pics on my USB stick. D'oh! :facepalm: Will deliver later.