The Nice Guys (Blu-ray SteelBook) (The On Masterpiece Collection 006) (KimchiDVD Exclusive #75) [Korea]

Which edition will you be going for?

• Total voters

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
Release date: July 31, 2019
Purchase links: Full Slip A1 (430 sets) - Full Slip A2 (300 sets) - Lenticular (430 sets) - One Click (220 sets) - (Pre-order July 4 at 3 PM Korea time KST) Check your local timings HERE
Price: $37.99 (Individual Editions) - $122 (One Click)
Group buy: USA & Canada only
Kimchi - The Nice Guys (A1) FullSlip SteelBook Group Buy - USA & CANADA ONLY
Kimchi - The Nice Guys (A2) FullSlip SteelBook Group Buy - USA & CANADA ONLY
Kimchi - The Nice Guys (Lenticular) FullSlip SteelBook Group Buy - USA & CANADA ONLY
Kimchi - The Nice Guys (OneClick BoxSet) SteelBook Group Buy - USA & CANADA ONLY

A1.jpgA2.jpglenti.jpgOC.jpg
55840309_2518108005083068_5625991130047840256_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got my copy yesterday and the first thing I noticed after I had unsealed it was the blurriness, especially on the front. The backside isn't as bad. Wanted to post my set of pics now (and mention the blurry images), but just realized I forgot to copy the edited pics on my USB stick. D'oh! :facepalm: Will deliver later.
I actually thought the back looked worse, but having another look just now, I think they're both just as bad tbh.

I picked up my FS-A today, and before even reading this thread I immediately thought Ryan Gosling's image looked pretty low-res :watch: The back being just as bad IMO. Apart from that, I actually like the slip and colours etc, so am a bit disappointed with the low-res images used :meh: A2 turned out better than I thought with that lovely finish, and the Lenti too I guess given it's so crisp, but I just wanted something different artwise.. Oh well, looks I picked the wrong one this time :cautious::bag:

Must confirm the unfortunate facts about low-res images on fullslip A....kinda disappointing in hand.....slip B much better, that "pearl" finish is same as on Hateful Eight from Kimchi, which was my first premium bought and I love it three thousand!.....my problem with slip B is that I still not feeling it somehow.....so I just ordered lenti from mister pung and probably will keep that one....or maybe B will grow on me with time, it is really nice slip indeed, just not feeling it with the film :grumpy:

18.jpg

19.jpg´20.jpg

Apart from the low-res faces on the slip (which isn't so bad as long as you don't look at them from too close a distance), I think this is a pretty nice package. Well done The On! There should have been a 1/4 Slip though. The Steelbook is the real star here. I only wished they hadn't embossed the main characters name.

And just goes to show why all retailers should try their best to provide live shots of lenti's/slips before pre-order :grumpy: Where possible and within reason I know, I understand this can't always be possible. Some do now but mostly we tend to seem them (if at all) after orders have already been placed. Most of the time it's just pot luck if we're gonna like what we eventually receive lol, and for the most part I'm usually happy/satisfied or even better expectations can be exceeded, dependant on the edition of course. FS-A I'm overall happy but the low-res images of Gosling and Crowe is pretty bad, and on a premium release no less... :cautious: Why couldn't they have edited or enhanced or better yet, source better quality material before printing?? Going by the mock-ups I'd never have gone for FS-B or the Lenti, but now I'd take either/or over FS-A lol :pain: :rolleyes:

And just goes to show why all retailers should try their best to provide live shots of lenti's/slips before pre-order :grumpy: Where possible and within reason I know, I understand this can't always be possible. Some do now but mostly we tend to seem them (if at all) after orders have already been placed. Most of the time it's just pot luck if we're gonna like what we eventually receive lol, and for the most part I'm usually happy/satisfied or even better expectations can be exceeded, dependant on the edition of course. FS-A I'm overall happy but the low-res images of Gosling and Crowe is pretty bad, and on a premium release no less... :cautious: Why couldn't they have edited or enhanced or better yet, source better quality material before printing?? Going by the mock-ups I'd never have gone for FS-B or the Lenti, but now I'd take either/or over FS-A lol :pain: :rolleyes:

Totally agree. Live pictures are the only true way to let people choose knowing almost 100% what they're getting. I didn't like FS-B at first and although I'm still not quite into it it has some features that had to be mentioned because rendered pictures cannot show that. At the same time FS-A has low res pictures (I see them now) that shouldn't happen in a premium release but, still, you cannot tell that unless you see live pictures.

Seems like 2019 is the year of Ryan Gosling steelbooks, First Man Manta and now this (don't have this one in hand yet, but judging from the pics here, wow)
I really like both, 2 of the best standalone steelbook this year so far imo :thumbs:

Seems like 2019 is the year of Ryan Gosling steelbooks, First Man Manta and now this (don't have this one in hand yet, but judging from the pics here, wow)
I really like both, 2 of the best standalone steelbook this year so far imo :thumbs:
Lol so just the 2 then? But hey... there's still around 5 months of 2019 to go, so plenty of time to fit a few more in! Another Drive release anyone? :whistle: ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Mickle_89
Yes please :D:D

Or a long overdue The Place Beyond The Pines premium release would be perfect... :offtopic:

100%

The steelbook we have ain’t great

Lol so just the 2 then? But hey... there's still around 5 months of 2019 to go, so plenty of time to fit a few more in! Another Drive release anyone? :whistle: ;)

Funny thing is, I swear the year place beyond the pines came out he was on more steels than this year.

Actually have loads of gosling steels come to think of it. Multiple drives, la la lands, blade runners, blue valentine, only god forgives etc

:LOL: I mean of all releases so far this year, my personal top 2 steelbooks of 2019 are both his movies

If Manta could finish their Blade Runner 2049 steelbook this year and make a stellar one, then I might end up with all Gosling steels on my top 3 :D

I can't say no to more Drive, but I certainly won't wish for it :p would love to see his other movies getting premium steelbook treatment

Reactions: Noodles