The Official Oppo BDP-93 Universal 3D Network Blu-Ray Disc Player Thread

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Feel free to post any questions/updates regarding this player here.

31zY8RWe3lL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004BLK24S/?tag=hidefnin-20

https://www.hidefninja.com/2011/01/04/oppo-bdp-93-universal-network-blu-ray-3d-player/

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the 83er Multiregion and am keeping my eyes on the 93er Multiregion, but could someone tell me what is the difference , except for the 3D capability?

Also , anyone got connections to get the 93er Multiregion for less then 800 USD?

Thanks John

I got the 83er Multiregion and am keeping my eyes on the 93er Multiregion, but could someone tell me what is the difference , except for the 3D capability?

Also , anyone got connections to get the 93er Multiregion for less then 800 USD?

Thanks John

Its $500 on amazon link above

How about the PQ and SQ, when we use two separate HDMI? can beat PIONEER BDP-09-FD?
As far as I know, only 3 BD players have 2 separate HDMI:
PIONEER BDP-09-FD
DENON DVD A-1-UD
and now OPPO BDP-93...which one is the best?...

I think I will buy this and my Checkerboard player here next time I decide to fork over the dough for equipment.

Ok, so I forked over dough on some players ... this wasnt one of them. Just a little update. I didnt get something that competes against this otherwise I would share in this thread.

The authorize reseller here in Singapore are selling the oppo 93 with region mod @s$999
It's 220v version. If anyone want to get this here, I can assist to to get this if you want.

being a holder of a denon dvda1ud and I must say that the oppo 93 oppo is much more powerful and veloce.sul video industry I have not seen these marked differenze.il denon is much slower in loading blue ray dvd and in some cases do not load the blue ray.questo because of missed updates by Denon .... tHAT HAS ABANDONED this exceptional player.

I am looking at getting this bluray player my question is will it play all region blurays and if iever have to update the bluray player will it lose the ability to play all regions.

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

response just sent to me from oppo The player is DVD Region 1 and Blu-ray Region A locked. It will not playback
DVDs or Blu-rays that are released internationally. You can hardware modify the
player to support additional regions, but we do not support such modifications.

Best Regards,

Customer Service
OPPO Digital, Inc.
2629B Terminal Blvd.
Mountain View, CA 94043 That sucks I was under the impression these players were region free out of the box

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

I see that they have a kit that can be installed internally or externally on ebay i like the fact that you can choose externally cause you dont have to open the player.

is 619 a good deal for the modified version of the oppo bdp 93 bluray player it says its brand new and will play all regions.

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

Well I ordered the oppo bdp 93 modified mutiregion bluray disc player for 588 with free shipping thought this was an excellent deal and the player is brand new and guaranteed to play all regions for life even after firmware updates. If you want the website iordered it from pm me .

I don't know where you guys are located, but amazon has it for $499 with free shipping and no sales tax in California and most other states.

After you get that, then go on ebay and search for "oppo 93 mod" and look for the ebay seller "avsdigital". The seller has "Make an offer" option so you can submit an offer of $50-$55 with free shipping.

It's an external kit where you hook it up to a USB port and RS232 port in the back. Very simple... The Oppo player has another USB in the front if you need to use it. If you need to upload a firmware update, then just remove the mod kit. Very simple.

Total price $555 for everything....you're getting one of the best blu-ray player and future proof for many years if you ever decide to go with 3D. It's built like a tank...tech support is the best over other vendors...it acts like a media player too... They are always providing firmware update every 2 months or so (to make it even better...) I never had any problem with it out of the box, but I update it anyway. Unlike other vendors, they'll give you an update maybe once a year before the unit is discontinued? :)

Good luck...

oh, and FYI, I don't believe Oppo ever reduce their price so it retains the value very well in the secondary market compare to other players out there.

Last edited:
I read the specs on the Oppo website for this player and want to know if the wireless network is built in or is it a separate adapter? The reason I ask is because of the way they word it, makes it sound like it's an external adapter.
Wireless & Ethernet – Using the included wireless-N adapter or the built-in RJ45 Ethernet port, users will be able to interact with BD-Live content, watch instant streaming programs from provides such as Netflix, Blockbuster etc., playback contents stored on their home network, and keep the BDP-93 up-to-date with firmware releases to ensure maximum Blu-ray compatibility.

Anyways, I'm considering getting this in the next couple of days and don't want to be surprised by some weird external adapter. EEK!

Update: Well, I wound up getting it anyways. Also wound up getting the region mod from eBay and only paid $29 for it. Hell of a deal.:oohyeah:

Last edited:
the wireless network is an external usb adapter.

I read the specs on the Oppo website for this player and want to know if the wireless network is built in or is it a separate adapter? The reason I ask is because of the way they word it, makes it sound like it's an external adapter.

Anyways, I'm considering getting this in the next couple of days and don't want to be surprised by some weird external adapter. EEK!

Update: Well, I wound up getting it anyways. Also wound up getting the region mod from eBay and only paid $29 for it. Hell of a deal.:oohyeah:

This is the one I'm looking at next. The '95 is too expensive for me right now. So, unless that drops alot in price in the next few weeks then I'll be getting this '93 instead. Been eyeballing this one for awhile.

the wireless network is an external usb adapter.
That's too bad. I was hoping for a completely wireless network with no external adapter just like my PS3 (slim).
And it's a cute little one 2 that can be plugged in at the back of the unit, also If U R a serious Stereophile like me then BDP-95 is designed for you! :scat:

Thanks, but it's too expensive for my budget right now.

Reactions: enstielykath