The "OMG the price is high on Ebay, etc!!!" thread

What is your spending limit for Steelbooks?

• I plead the 5th!

Votes: 14 2.6%
  • Under $100 for sealed "Rare" Steelbook

Votes: 145 26.7%
  • Under $50 for any Steelbook

Votes: 139 25.6%
  • Over $100 for sealed, "Rare" Steelbook

Votes: 71 13.1%
  • I'll spend ANY amount to get a missing Steelbook for my collection!

Votes: 26 4.8%
  • It depends on the Steelbook-I decide at the time of purchase

Votes: 199 36.6%

• Total voters

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
So, we have the "Fake" and "Steelbook Price Drop" thread, but we don't yet have the thread where you post listings with "crazy" prices for Steelbooks. If you see any, post them here and have fun debating. As per forum rules, please remain respectful with each other-one person's "high price", could be another's "deal of a lifetime" score. Enjoy! :scat:

Please keep discussion to Ebay and other retailers, not private sellers.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...steelbooks.TRS0.TSS0&_nkw=steelbooks&_sacat=0 steelbooks

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=steelbooks&_sacat=0 steelbooks UK

Last edited by a moderator:

I find it pretty pathetic when people try to act like a #001 is somehow worth 10 times the going rate for any other number. This is not even a high demand title. In fact its very low demand and goes for less than cost most of the time. He also has multiple usernames and I have over 5 of them blocked on my account.

Its not like its hard to get a #001 steelbook either. All you have to do is commit to purchasing a large amount of titles over and over and you will get it everytime. #001 doesnt mean hardly anything anymore compared to a few years ago.

Here is a lenticular of this edition I sold last month with the #0004 just to give an idea of the demand for a low number

Last edited:
Here is a lenticular of this edition I sold last month with the #0004 just to give an idea of demand for a low number
Its not even sealed. Its used. LOL. I have a new one cheaper.
You're a seller on the bay too, we get it....

Reactions: Drumass
  • Haha
Reactions: jonnybobbytimmy
Reactions: DMD4k

Amazes me the highest price seller on ebay is none other than Aniv. What a joke. I have them for $299.

So I am the bad guy who occasionally sells something but you are the good guy asking $299 for something that cost less than $100? ***** you are either on drugs or dont have any sales so you are posting your sales **** in FB discussion groups I moderate and now tagging me to push your personal agenda.

I actually learnt from you I think 5 yrs back?? when I was trying to play catch-up and you were selling $30 steels for $100+ and offering me $5 discount if I buy multiple. Eventually I learnt the tricks of the trade and thought if this fool can run his family selling stuff I can get in my sleep then why shouldn't I sell a few to cushion my collection expenses.

Also dont ever send anything people buy from you to my home address as you have in the past to be accumulated and forwarded; Here is what will happen if you do. If its a good title I will keep it, if its some bullshit I will trash it. End of the story customer will never get it and they will open a case against you.

Dont bother responding either, I wont be able to see it as i have blocked you.

Last edited:
Don't know if this one has been up here yet but definitely deserves an honorable mention. What a deal!
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::confused:
May have lost his job due to Covid19 lockdown perhaps? Gotta make a buck somehow.