Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 1 Votes
Title: The Outfit

Genre: Crime, Drama

Director: Graham Moore

Cast: Mark Rylance, Dylan O'Brien, Zoey Deutch, Johnny Flynn, Nikki Amuka-Bird, Simon Russell Beale

Release: 2022-02-25

Plot: The film follows Leonard, an English tailor who used to craft suits on London’s world-famous Savile Row. But after a personal tragedy, he’s ended up in Chicago, operating a small tailor shop in a rough part of town where he makes beautiful clothes for the only people around who can afford them: a family of vicious gangsters.

Excellent gangster mystery movie, one might say a filmed stage play, because everything takes place in three adjacent rooms of a tailor shop, but it's all more engaging and thrilling, than 90% of other movies, taking place in dozens exotic locations.
Mark Rylance is great as always, love Zoey Deutch, but the discovery here would be Johnny Flynn, an unknown to me actor/singer from Johannesburg, that reminded me heavily of Gregg Henry, to the point of thinking it was his son or younger brother or something.
Not as amazing as one of my top 5 films of all time, The Tailor of Panama, but with a similarly satisfying ending. Much recommended!

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database