Slipcover The Perks of Being a Wallflower [Canada]

AlienKing

The Matrix has you...
Premium Supporter
May 15, 2014
Ontario, Kanada
IMG_20160208_171032.jpg IMG_20160208_171128.jpg

Last week at HMV. It was the only copy left. It was part of the "2 for $20" deal :woot:. If I see one in the future, I can pick it up for you.

That makes sense, but you know what, I dislike the 2 for 20$ deals they have as they put those big sticker that are so hard to come off...but you seemed to have been lucky with your copy.

It's ok no need, I already have the blu-ray and the DVD (bought separately, the DVD has a slipcover buy-ray does not but I got the NOva Scanavo Fullslip so for me that sealed the deal. if I double dip will be on another one of the Scanavo as a copy to keep sealed, but only if I would order more items as it seems now with Nova they don't have very interesting new releases IMO. I am hoping for new exciting titles in the limited edition Scanavo Fullslips, new titles but they only seem to do Asian titles for now...I guess we'll see.

That makes sense, but you know what, I dislike the 2 for 20$ deals they have as they put those big sticker that are so hard to come off...but you seemed to have been lucky with your copy.

It's ok no need, I already have the blu-ray and the DVD (bought separately, the DVD has a slipcover buy-ray does not but I got the NOva Scanavo Fullslip so for me that sealed the deal. if I double dip will be on another one of the Scanavo as a copy to keep sealed, but only if I would order more items as it seems now with Nova they don't have very interesting new releases IMO. I am hoping for new exciting titles in the limited edition Scanavo Fullslips, new titles but they only seem to do Asian titles for now...I guess we'll see.
Those yellow stickers? :confused: They easily come off for me. Especially if it is full gloss, I don't even have to use any other methods; they just peel off. Only times they gave me a problem is when there is a special ink used on the slip cover. For example, Thor or Byzantium. I'll show you Byzantium later.

The real devils are the white 'original price' stickers. But I think HMV is better than BB for stickers.

What do you use to take stickers off?

Yes actually HMV is better for the price stickers, but those big yellow stickers on a matte Fullslip were just ripping off leaving the white part of the sticker on the slip... with Gloss slipcover we can work with removing the glue residue but matte finish not so.

I'll look more at it... for a while Cosco their DVD price stickers were simply not possible to remove, I made a formal complaint and now they just peal right off... but HMV stickers peal easy I find on the ones I got so far... But going to BB it looks like its the end of the earth and everybody emptied the shelves of food in a supermarket, they barely have any copies, if they do you are lucky to get a mint one and after that they have them all messed up it looks like a freaking mess. I just feel like it looks trashy :censored: ...oh and those UV stickers on blu-rays slipcovers (the purple square sticker) are so hard to come off, I don't even try anymore.

To remove a sticker (on Glossy slipcovers, Matte is more challenging): To remove the thin white paper residue that the sticker leaves after you peel it off, I put a damp paper towel on the white part that the sticker left so that it will absorb some of the moisture and so I can then role it off with my fingers or with the damp parer towels. Now that remains is usually only ''glue residue''. For that, I have a damp paper towel, a dry paper towel and a can of WD40. I spray a bit of the WD40 on the dry paper towel and start rubbing on the slip to remove the glue... but its tricky you don't want to damage the slip so go gently but on glossy slips it works well. Once you have done so you will notice that when all the glue is gone it will be smudgy looking and greasy a bit so this is where I wipe the residue of the WD40 with the damp paper towel and dry it with another piece of the dry towel. I dry several times, gently, until there is no greasy feel left (or looking with playing with the light...) so I try as best to remove all excess with the damp paper towels sometimes I need a 2nd one until all residue is gone. I smell it too so the smell of the WD40 is faint or gone since if not, the residue of the wD40 will damage your slip over time. It's something I am scared to recommend to someone to do, as even myself when doing it I am so nervous.

Last edited:
Yes actually HMV are better for the price sticker, but those big yellow stickers on a matte Fullslip was just ripping off leaving the white part of the sticker on the slip... with Gloss slipcover we can work with removing the glue residue but matte finish not so.

I'll look more at it... for a while Cosco their DVD price sticker was simply not possible to remove, I made a formal complaint and now they just peal right off... but HMV sticker peals easy I find on the ones I got so far... But going to BB it looks like its the end of the earth and everybody emptied the shelves of food in a supermarket, they barely have any copies, if they do you are lucky to get a mint one and after that they have them all messed up it looks like a freaking mess. I just feel like it looks trashy :censored: ...oh and those UV stickers on blu-rays slipcovers (the purple square sticker) are so hard to come off, I don't even try anymore.

to remove a sticker (on Glossy slipcover, Matte is more challenging), but I remove with my nails one corner gently lifting and puling until I see it is ripping off than I stop and I do a 2nd corder and sometimes buy the third and twisting in a circle they come off, when they leave a white paper the back of sticker I put a damp paper towel on the white part that the sticker left for the paper to absorb the moisture and role it off with my fingers or with the damp parer towels. Now that it remains only ''glue residue'' I have a damp paper towel, a dry paper towel and one in hands with a can of WD40 that I spray a bit on the paper towel and start rubbing on the slip to remove the glue... but its tricky you don't want to damage the slip but on glossy slips it works well, once you have done so you will notice that when all is gone it will be smudgy looking greasy a bit so it is where I wipe the residue of the WD40 with the damp paper towel and dry it with the other, I do so several times until there is no greasy feel left (or looking with playing with the light... so I try as best to remove all excess with the damp paper towels sometimes I need a 2nd one until all residue is gone, I smell it too so the smell of the WD40 is faint or gone as if not the residue of the wD40 will damage your slip over time. Its something I am scared to recommend someone to do it as even myself when doing it I am so nervous.
Holy sh*t man! You use WD40 on your slips? :ohno: Sorry, but I'm not that brave :LOL:

Stickers from glossy slip usually come off easily without any effort. But if there are any residue left, I use Goo Gone (in liquid form, not the rollers or any others) Only issue with Goo Gone is that some special inks might come off too. Only one I noticed was the North American Studio Ghibli slips. So far everything else is good.
If it is anything other than gloss slip cover, then I use a hair dryer to heat up the sticker. Usually comes off but if there are any residue left I use Goo Gone.

Don't get me started on those UV stickers :angry:. Do you have Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 3D slip cover? Pissed me off so much I wanted to kill someone :mad::banghead: No matter what I did it leaves a "ghost" outline of the sticker. No residue, but sort of an outline. (n)
Good job on making a complaint to Costco. :thumbs: And I agree about BB being a supermarket :rofl:

hahaha I know that panic feeling and yes I know what you mean with that ghost outline...unfortunately I don't know anyone who would have a slip of it :( but yes those freakin' UV sticker are hell !!! there was a period that stickers on Slipcovers were coming off so easy, any sticker on a slip were coming right off it was so nice I was in shock when they were all coming off easy but not anymore (I think it was in the period that it was the stickers for Digital Copy, but now its those UV ones)

I guess we have all our own process, but for me that is what works best. Never had any issue of paint discolouration or any sign of damage using my method.

Yes I was so mad lol one of the price I ruined the slip I think trying to remove the sticker like 2 years ago or more... made formal complaint and it seemed so far that they have listened. Hope they won't go back to their old method.

Oh BB is so awful I miss FutureShop all clean feel and was well stocked up for new releases...

Reactions: AlienKing