The Police Story Trilogy (4K UHD Limited Edition Box Set) (Eureka Classics) [UK]

May 21, 2020
Release date: September 26, 2022
Purchase links: Eureka Films - Zavvi - Amazon UK
Price: £60.99 (Eureka) - £59.99 (Zavvi) - £65.35 (Amazon)
Notes: UHD Discs only

EKA70470_PS-Trilogy-3D-Hardcase-website-500px.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I was shocked when the news broke about Brad Allan, I believe he did the fight choreography for Shang-Chi too (or he was involved in some way) so he was only destined for even greater success, a tremendous loss.

I've got all the 88 Films & Eureka releases for Chan, Sammo & Biao, I've been getting most of the Shaw Bros martial arts releases from 88 Films too (not the horror ones as they don't really interest me), and the Arrow Shawscope set.

It's a great time to be a Hong Kong action film / martial arts fan again, just like the early 2000's when HKL (Hong Kong Legends) were on the scene.

I was shocked when the news broke about Brad Allan, I believe he did the fight choreography for Shang-Chi too (or he was involved in some way) so he was only destined for even greater success, a tremendous loss.

I've got all the 88 Films & Eureka releases for Chan, Sammo & Biao, I've been getting most of the Shaw Bros martial arts releases from 88 Films too (not the horror ones as they don't really interest me), and the Arrow Shawscope set.

It's a great time to be a Hong Kong action film / martial arts fan again, just like the early 2000's when HKL (Hong Kong Legends) were on the scene.
It really is a tremendous loss, i thought he would be one of the ones to carry on JC's legacy

I've been working backwards with 88's Shaw brothers titles, still looking for the brave archer, killer constable and flying guillotine.. having zero luck finding anyone selling the last two i mentioned.
I don't have any interest in the horror ones either, i did buy human lanterns though as it's also a martial arts film.. not watched it yet though.

People here don't talk much ( if at all ) in these martial art film threads, i recently read all 45 pages of the shawscope thread on the other site.. i don't post there, i just read. I'm sure I've seen your name there? Many names i recognise from here.
Its really cool that people who are involved in these releases are a part of the chatter there, very interesting to see behind the scenes :)

Reactions: navydavey
It really is a tremendous loss, i thought he would be one of the ones to carry on JC's legacy

I've been working backwards with 88's Shaw brothers titles, still looking for the brave archer, killer constable and flying guillotine.. having zero luck finding anyone selling the last two i mentioned.
I don't have any interest in the horror ones either, i did buy human lanterns though as it's also a martial arts film.. not watched it yet though.

People here don't talk much ( if at all ) in these martial art film threads, i recently read all 45 pages of the shawscope thread on the other site.. i don't post there, i just read. I'm sure I've seen your name there? Many names i recognise from here.
Its really cool that people who are involved in these releases are a part of the chatter there, very interesting to see behind the scenes :)
I'm not really active on here nowadays, I use the other site as there is more talk regarding these films, also as you said there's people involved directly with the releases so it's great to feel the buzz when new films/extras/artwork get announced.

I missed the early Shaw releases from 88 Films so had to go back too, took me a while to get Killer Constable (It's a decent film so worth getting when it comes up next), I was hoping it might make the next Arrow Shaw Scope boxset but I finally got a copy in the end.

I don't have The Brave Archer yet but I'm in two minds about it as it sounded more 'wire-fu' based than I like (I might be completely wrong there) - I'm not a fan of flying wire-fu generally, it's why I've been sitting back on Eureka's Duel to the Death release. I know flying crops up in most films but I don't like it when it's constant, I prefer my martial arts to be more 'grounded', it's why I love the Chan, Sammo and Biao movies.

I didn't get Human Lanturns but if it's more kung fu focused I might take a look at some point, let me know your verdict once you've seen it.

Reactions: chunk
I'm not really active on here nowadays, I use the other site as there is more talk regarding these films, also as you said there's people involved directly with the releases so it's great to feel the buzz when new films/extras/artwork get announced.

I missed the early Shaw releases from 88 Films so had to go back too, took me a while to get Killer Constable (It's a decent film so worth getting when it comes up next), I was hoping it might make the next Arrow Shaw Scope boxset but I finally got a copy in the end.

I don't have The Brave Archer yet but I'm in two minds about it as it sounded more 'wire-fu' based than I like (I might be completely wrong there) - I'm not a fan of flying wire-fu generally, it's why I've been sitting back on Eureka's Duel to the Death release. I know flying crops up in most films but I don't like it when it's constant, I prefer my martial arts to be more 'grounded', it's why I love the Chan, Sammo and Biao movies.

I didn't get Human Lanturns but if it's more kung fu focused I might take a look at some point, let me know your verdict once you've seen it.
Hi, sorry for the late reply.. i wanted to watch the films you mentioned in your post first.

I don't know anything about the brave archer so i was thinking about just picking up the 88 dvd as its much cheaper than the BD, still nothing for the other two but I'll keep looking.

I watched Human Lanterns a few days ago, this was my first Chinese horror so i have nothing to compare it to but i didn't really feel it, felt like a martial arts film more than a horror.. there was probably only a few minutes of the film that were on the horror side(i think the subject matter is what flows through the film and gives it it's feel, rather than a load of visuals). I watched the extras and it was said in an interview that they shot scenes that weren't allowed to be in the film so I'm thinking it was meant to be a bit different. I found it interesting though.

I watched Duel to the death today, (generally i feel the same as you about wire work, also enjoying JC, Sammo, Yuen being more "grounded").. i was really surprised by this film, I really enjoyed it.. it's one of my favourites so far (i have a huge stack i'm trying to work my way through). I loved the cinematography, the sets, the score.. i'm really happy i picked this up.. I'm going to watch the extras tomorrow.. and apparently the commentary track is really good so I'm going to check that out as well. I would 100% recommend this, if you buy it and find you don't like it you can always sell it on.
Towards the end it really gets quite nuts, but in a good/fun way:)

I have seen the announcement that 88 are releasing supercop in the US, i was wondering if you knew the best way to get hold of a copy? I already ordered all of Eurekas police story blu ray and 4k's but 88 will have KFB's artwork so it's a must have for that alone but there with probably be differrent extras too. Is this 88's first US release? Maybe amazon.com will have it? I recently bought Arrows one-armed boxer and luckily you can go straight to the ArrowUSA wesite and order direct but i don't think 88 have a US site?

Seriously though, how many police story releases do we need to buy?

ALL OF THEM:joy:

Reactions: navydavey
I'm UK based so assume Amazon.com would be a good place to order Police Story 3 when it's made available.

I'm interested to know what extras will be exclusive to 88 films and what will be exclusive to Eureka, I'm a sucker for vintage extras (like behind the scenes footage and the no-good shots) on Chan movies so might have to get both if they differ on extras?

I don't listen to audio commentaries so fingers crossed that's what is different between the releases so I don't feel the need to import - I already have the Eureka 4k trilogy & the separate Eureka Police Story 3 blu-ray on order so I don't really want to order 3 different copies!

Glad to hear you enjoyed Duel to the death, Human lanterns being more martial arts based also makes it sound more appealing to me, I might order both from Amazon.co.uk soon, hopefully they both come with the slip covers & booklets still.

I'm UK based so assume Amazon.com would be a good place to order Police Story 3 when it's made available.

I'm interested to know what extras will be exclusive to 88 films and what will be exclusive to Eureka, I'm a sucker for vintage extras (like behind the scenes footage and the no-good shots) on Chan movies so might have to get both if they differ on extras?

I don't listen to audio commentaries so fingers crossed that's what is different between the releases so I don't feel the need to import - I already have the Eureka 4k trilogy & the separate Eureka Police Story 3 blu-ray on order so I don't really want to order 3 different copies!

Glad to hear you enjoyed Duel to the death, Human lanterns being more martial arts based also makes it sound more appealing to me, I might order both from Amazon.co.uk soon, hopefully they both come with the slip covers & booklets still.
In regards to USA 88 films handling USA distribution of Police Story 3
Details still to be announced in regards to discs contents with USA release from 88 films

MVD does the USA distribution for 88 films and yes would be available from usual USA retailers Amazon USA/DiabolikDVD etc

Listed for now will be a special edition UHD and Blu-ray release

Last edited:

Thanks, I'll keep an eye on amazon.com

Both Eureka and 88 are showing the slip options are still in stock for human lanterns and duel to the death.. if you don't like the films then wait till the slips go oos then sell them at cost or with a slight loss.
I very rarely watch commentaries but i wanted to know more about the film (duel to the death) but i only watched about 40 mins then moved on to the interviews with the cast on both films, they were interesting:)

on the one armed boxer US difference was the 40/50 minute interview with the main actor(i think).. still no news on US supercop though. I really want vintage JC footage too on the extras, old interviews, behind the scenes etc.. anything they can dig up,
In regards to USA 88 films handling USA distribution of Police Story 3
Details still to be announced in regards to discs contents with USA release from 88 films

MVD does the USA distribution for 88 films and yes would be available from usual USA retailers Amazon USA/DiabolikDVD etc

Listed for now will be a special edition UHD and Blu-ray release

Thanks Paul, i have an account with Diabolik but haven't ordered anything to the UK yet.. i don't know how much postage is, customs friendly, or what there packagings like. If there is a retailer thread here I'll look for it:)

When it comes up for order i can compare the 2 retailers:)

I really hope I enjoy these. I got the 88 films Amour of God which is really nice as a set but I honestly found the movie slightly tedious. I have heard so many good things about these but as much as I like Jackie Chan and martial arts movies they are probably my least represented genre and it is something I need to address along with some shocking gaps in my 80s action movie collection.

Mine arrived today. :thumbs:
Pretty nice book and all 3 films have the original artwork (the ones I remember they was) on the front covers and a shot from the film on the reversed side....
Sadly the 4k UHD amaray case is black so you can't see it.
Epic fail :bored:

I really hope I enjoy these. I got the 88 films Amour of God which is really nice as a set but I honestly found the movie slightly tedious. I have heard so many good things about these but as much as I like Jackie Chan and martial arts movies they are probably my least represented genre and it is something I need to address along with some shocking gaps in my 80s action movie collection.
So.. have you never seen the PS films? If not, I'd be surprised if anyone watching them for the first time didn't love them (of course you'd have to have some knowledge of JC before hand to want to watch them in the first place).. i only say that because recently i had my sister stay with me and soon after a friend came to stay and when they wanted to watch a film they both said " as long as it's not a Jackie Chan film" I'm not sure either of them have even seen a JC film but for some reason they don't appeal to them.. so if you already know you like some of his films then you're in for a treat with this trilogy.
Armour of God wasn't an istant like for me, (when i first saw it decades ago) i didn't rate it as high as a lot of his other films I'd seen and loved at the time, i actually prefered Armour of God II Operation Condor but it AOG really grew on me over time.. although if i was to compare, for me personally AOG isn't even in the same league as PS but i still enjoy it when i watch it.. the PS trilogy+ films gets watched regularly and are at the top of the list of my favourite JC films.

What are your favourite Martial Arts films?

Have you watched this boxset? If so, what did you think?

Reactions: JinxyKatte
Interesting you should post actually. I actually only just got around to watching the first one this morning and no I had seen them before today, but do like Jackie Chan.

I really enjoyed it, it was somewhat silly in places. I also watched the English Dub. I had just woken up, and was slightly hung over and honestly didn't have it in me for Subtitles lol. The action was good though and the end fight scene was great.

I really enjoy Rumble in the Bronx and Who am I. I also love the Raid, Ip Man, Bruce Lees 4 movies (and he does only have 4) Tony Jaa obviously. I have actually been looking to branch out my martial Arts movies.

Did anyone order this with the recent discount Eureka were offering. I did and the packaging was at Amazon level of ineptitude. Luckily the boxset survived.

That's the whole idea. He wasn't trying to be another Bruce Lee and had a penchant for comedy. In one of his interviews he spoke about his admiration for Buster Keaton. Some of his stunts were inspired by him.
Fair enough, I prefer my martial arts serious like "Bad Day at Black Rock"

Reactions: shazman