The Prestige (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 35) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: May 25, 2022
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti (Pre-order on March 25, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $174.97 (Box Set) - $52.99 (Full Slip) - $53.99 (Lenti - Double Lenti)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti

Note: WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
Box Set: Silk Print Dots, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing. 600 Sets, Numbered 1-600.
Full Slip: Scratch Resistance Coating, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Spot Foil, Embossing. 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000.
Lenticular Full Slip: 3D Lenticular, Scratch Resistance Coating, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Spot Foil, Embossing. 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000.
Double Lenticular Full Slip: 2 x 3d Lenticular , Spot Matte, Spot foil, Embossing. 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000.
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On.

box_overall_5000x.jpgFS_overall_5000x.jpgLS_overall_2000x.jpgDLS_overall_2000x.jpg

Last edited:
How the hell does Dunkirk challenge anyone? It’s one of the most boring films in the past 10 years and it’s not original
It's like Citizen Kane compared to the superhero dreck we have to endure on a monthly basis.
maybe not your cup of tea - that's o.k. But my pount still stands. He isn't doing sequels, reboots, and remakes.
Tenet is one of the most challenging movies in a decade.

It's like Citizen Kane compared to the superhero dreck we have to endure on a monthly basis.
maybe not your cup of tea - that's o.k. But my pount still stands. He isn't doing sequels, reboots, and remakes.
Tenet is one of the most challenging movies in a decade.

Nolan used to be my cup of tea but then he became the most pretentious director that a human could be whilst wearing a turtleneck and just got worse and worse to the point that he has no clue what he’s doing. He makes adult films but if someone gets shot there’s no blood LOL. After memento, prestige and inception (not sure if you noticed but all 3 are certainly not superhero) he just got worse and worse. Tenet is certainly not the most challenging movie in a decade either. One of the most pretentious yes. But you still contradicted yourself with your answer to that original comment because Dunkirk is technically a remake and its not original

Nolan used to be my cup of tea but then he became the most pretentious director that a human could be whilst wearing a turtleneck and just got worse and worse to the point that he has no clue what he’s doing. He makes adult films but if someone gets shot there’s no blood LOL. After memento, prestige and inception (not sure if you noticed but all 3 are certainly not superhero) he just got worse and worse. Tenet is certainly not the most challenging movie in a decade either. One of the most pretentious yes. But you still contradicted yourself with your answer to that original comment because Dunkirk is technically a remake and its not original
And Tenet doesn't make any sense even by its own mumbo jumbo pseudo science rules

Reactions: jonnybobbytimmy
There's this myth being spread that something incomprehensible even after multiple viewings is because it's so brilliant and visionary.

(Obviously this does not refer to The Prestige which I like very much)

Reactions: Punker76
I'm not getting why you think he became pretentious. It sounds like a swipe at the man himself and not the films he makes.
What movies would you say are more challenging than Tenet (genuinely curious).
His film Dunkirk is not a remake of the 1958 film. They both have that event at their core - But they are different movies With different characters and subplots surrounding the core event. This happens a lot in films.
Example: These are two movies about the same event. One is not a remake of the other.
2006D566-B0A3-4DFC-B909-EF87835BD6C5.jpeg

Reactions: CollectorEmtee
There's this myth being spread that something incomprehensible even after multiple viewings is because it's so brilliant and visionary.

(Obviously this does not refer to The Prestige which I like very much)
It's not an impenetrable story. And it does make sense. (And keep in mind that it isn't nonsense science. He uses science and embellishes it. (This is movie after all). He employed Nobel prize winning theoritical physicist Kip Thorne when writing the story (as he did on Interstellar)).
is it his best movie? No. But certainly ambitious - and I appreciate that when most filmmakers these days don't seem to be trying anymore.

Last edited:
I'm not getting why you think he became pretentious. It sounds like a swipe at the man himself and not the films he makes.
His film Dunkirk is not a remake of the 1958 film. They both have that event at their core - But they are different movies With different characters and subplots surrounding the core event. This happens a lot in films.
Example: These are two movies about the same event. One is not a remake of the other.
View attachment 521447
The only thing challenging about Tenet is making any sense of the nonsense "science" at the core of the movie

• Haha
Reactions: DMD4k
View attachment 521447
Well yeah there’s loads of films like that. Even A star is born is on its 4th or 5th reimagining of that story but they are not original at all. I find it even weirder when 2 films of the same subject are released in the same year from separate studios. Which tends to be chance. I cant think at the moment because I haven’t been up long, but maybe Arrival or Enemy. Even though they aren’t too challenging tbh. Or something like Possessor maybe. Even that Coherence tbh. There’s another film that came out around the same time that to this day i still don’t understand what went on but I can’t remember the name.

The whole world was laughing at Dunkirk's characters, 'heroically' running like little bitches from the Nazis the whole movie, starting from the very opening scene, and standing in queues to be saved. Nothing more to be said about that.

The prestige is one of his best. Along with memento, inception and the dark Knight. Batman begins too but the rest of his filmography can f**k off
I count all of those, except for Inception, to Jonathan Nolan's credit, especially Memento.
When Christopher writes alone, convoluted **** like Inception and Tenet happen. They start and employ an interesting concept, probably from an idea by same Jonathan, but can't make it coherent.

The whole world was laughing at Dunkirk's characters, 'heroically' running like little bitches from the Nazis the whole movie, starting from the very opening scene, and standing in queues to be saved. Nothing more to be said about that.

Isn't that part historically accurate though? Them standing on the beaches? That part I didn’t have an issue with. Thought it was quite harrowing and I’m sure I’ve read and seen that’s how it was in a documentary. Plus it wasn’t a war, it was a rescue

Isn't that part historically accurate though? Them standing on the beaches? That part I didn’t have an issue with. Thought it was quite harrowing and I’m sure I’ve read and seen that’s how it was in a documentary. Plus it wasn’t a war, it was a rescue
Yes, of course, but if one has farted and wet one's pants, maybe don't make a movie about that, keep to a documentary.

• Haha
Reactions: Flloydo
That's definitely not true, the whole world was not laughing. Russians should know, as you've done it plenty of times throughout the centuries. Retreating is sometimes necessary and sometimes tactical.

Tenet makes sense. It doesn't have anything particularly important to say about the human condition or anything, so whether it's a "great" movie is not the point. But it is an incredible example of a movie that has a hundred different plot threads, and by the end it has tied all of them together perfectly. I watched it again recently and was again in awe of how everything comes together so well by the end. Whether you like the movie or not is a different issue. ;) My wife thoroughly dislikes it, but I love it, and somehow we still get along.

That's definitely not true, the whole world was not laughing. Russians should know, as you've done it plenty of times throughout the centuries. Retreating is sometimes necessary and sometimes tactical.
I know better who was making fun of this whole movie, and who wasn't. Pretty much everyone outside of UK and US, and especially in Russia.
But it isn't appropriate to consider entire centuries altogether, because 105 years ago it was a whole different country, one that is murdered and lost, with its remains spread out all over the world.
Still there are plenty of stories from the WWII when 'Soviet' brigades remained and fought to their inevitable death, fully knowing they'd die, just to postpone Nazis advancement for a little bit.
That is not to say I wouldn't run, or that there weren't cases of Soviet commanders shooting their own, if soldiers turned back, or that a strategic retreat wouldn't be better, than laying up more military deaths than ALL other countries combined, and more civilian deaths than all countries combined, except for China.

• Informative
Reactions: Chemartin_1
I know better who was making fun of this whole movie, and who wasn't.
That's some crazy talent you have there to know better.
Pretty much everyone outside of UK and US, and especially in Russia.
So you were everywhere outside of UK and US? :giggle::giggle: Sorry, but that's absurd.
To be fair I thought you meant the actual events at Dunkirk were something to be laughed at, and you seemed to have meant the film itself. Still, the film itself, with its big flaws, tried to portray what it was like on the day, so I really don't see what everyone outside of the UK and US saw that made them laugh. It wasn't a comedy when I watched it.
But it isn't appropriate to consider entire centuries altogether, because 105 years ago it was a whole different country, one that is murdered and lost, with its remains spread out all over the world.
Are you talking about Russia? I made a factual statement, the people of Russia, name them whatever you like, throughout the centuries have been notorious for retreating, strategically if you like, when their land has been invaded. That's a fact. It's not funny. And I was pointing out how it was also not funny when the allies were retreating at Dunkirk. Not much is funny in war.
Still there are plenty of stories from the WWII when 'Soviet' brigades remained and fought to their inevitable death, fully knowing they'd die, just to postpone Nazis advancement for a little bit.
Yes, some did. But for the most part Soviets retreated, and with that they burned crops and towns, destroyed bridges, etc. That is how they slowed down the Nazi invasion.
That is not to say I wouldn't run, or that there weren't cases of Soviet commanders shooting their own, if soldiers turned back, or that a strategic retreat wouldn't be better, than laying up more military deaths than ALL other countries combined, and more civilian deaths than all countries combined, except for China.
It's called desertion and is punishable by death. Nothing special about that.

• Haha
Reactions: milky