The Prestige (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 35) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: May 25, 2022
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti (Pre-order on March 25, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $174.97 (Box Set) - $52.99 (Full Slip) - $53.99 (Lenti - Double Lenti)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti

Note: WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
Box Set: Silk Print Dots, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing. 600 Sets, Numbered 1-600.
Full Slip: Scratch Resistance Coating, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Spot Foil, Embossing. 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000.
Lenticular Full Slip: 3D Lenticular, Scratch Resistance Coating, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Spot Foil, Embossing. 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000.
Double Lenticular Full Slip: 2 x 3d Lenticular , Spot Matte, Spot foil, Embossing. 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000.
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On.

box_overall_5000x.jpgFS_overall_5000x.jpgLS_overall_2000x.jpgDLS_overall_2000x.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, some did. But for the most part Soviets retreated, and with that they burned crops and towns, destroyed bridges, etc. That is how they slowed down the Nazi invasion.

Ooh, yeah, and raped and burned villages, and after the war held captive whole countries, and now the big bad bear is threatening the existence of the whole Europe, so everyone better rack up more nukes at the border and not piss themselves...
I really hate what the country has become, but let's just say you all would be speaking German now, if it weren't for Russia, not that it's a bad thing, I'm thinking now (looking at Germany now and most villages and small towns in Russia looking like it's still WWII). EEK! :naughty:

• Haha
Reactions: DMD4k
I’m sure that I am in the minority around here but I find the film a bit of a one watch. A good watch mind you but I have bought it a few times and I am sure that at the most I’ve only seen it twice. I’ve watched Insomnia more than this one, in fact all of Nolan’s other films have had more viewings.
To get back on The Prestige topic :) I think its actually pretty interesting to watch this film the second time. At least it was for me (and multiple others from what I have heard). Once you have seen the ending and you watch the film again with that in mind you can spot lots of small details which you didnt pay attention to on your first watch and actually realise the main plot was right in front of your face the whole time... But the way it was directed it had you fooled, just like the movie says in the end :D Totally understand it can be a one time watch for some. I think it was good fun seeing it this way.

To get back on The Prestige topic :) I think its actually pretty interesting to watch this film the second time. At least it was for me (and multiple others from what I have heard). Once you have seen the ending and you watch the film again with that in mind you can spot lots of small details which you didnt pay attention to on your first watch and actually realise the main plot was right in front of your face the whole time... But the way it was directed it had you fooled, just like the movie says in the end :D Totally understand it can be a one time watch for some. I think it was good fun seeing it this way.

I believe I've seen it more than twice and I really like it but I admit I still don't understand the ending. It's been a long time since the last time I saw it but I'm hoping the next time I see it I'll understand it. As much as I would like to know right now what it means, I don't want to know until I've watched it again.

Reactions: CollectorEmtee
Any movie that remains incomprehensible (no matter how visually stunning) after 2 viewings at the most equates to a FAILURE on the part of the storyteller (director)
Stanley Kubrick and 2001: A Space Odyssey disagrees.
some movies are meant to to be obtuse and leave the viewer to their own interpretation.
not hand-holding an audience through the plot is a GOOD thing.
and Tenet makes perfect sense. It's not that hard. Just pay attention.

The whole world was laughing at Dunkirk's characters, 'heroically' running like little bitches from the Nazis the whole movie, starting from the very opening scene, and standing in queues to be saved. Nothing more to be said about that.

I count all of those, except for Inception, to Jonathan Nolan's credit, especially Memento.
When Christopher writes alone, convoluted **** like Inception and Tenet happen. They start and employ an interesting concept, probably from an idea by same Jonathan, but can't make it coherent.
Yes. Jonathan Nolan is setting the world on fire with his...TV SHOWS.

Yes. Jonathan Nolan is setting the world on fire with his...TV SHOWS.

Because his due credit has been gobbled up by his brother.
And how many decades now TV series are nothing to be ashamed of, at least two and a half, since the latter part of the 90's. Series are now better than majority of films.

the sopranos hbo GIF

I believe I've seen it more than twice and I really like it but I admit I still don't understand the ending. It's been a long time since the last time I saw it but I'm hoping the next time I see it I'll understand it. As much as I would like to know right now what it means, I don't want to know until I've watched it again.
I kind of envy you that you will still experience it this way. Hope you'll enjoy :thumbs:

When you do get to it one day remember the very first line we hear in film :D

Bo_lDvACEAAD8dB.jpg

The ending is pretty obvious.
Tesla created a machine so powerful it kan kill wolverine multiple times.