Zavvi - Retailer chat [Europe]

Zavvi.jpg

**Retailer charges cards when items ship

Per update received at HDN, starting with August 4,2014 releases, Zavvi will ship in boxes again.

[email protected]

Possible contact #s:

- 08442 640702
- 01606 336169
- 08442 439088

Thanks yeslek!

Current packaging is a cardboard mailer with the steelbook usually wrapped in either a layer of bubble wrap or foam

Update 9/5/2013:

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753977&postcount=1732

Current packaging-thanks dv8mad:

Previous packaging:

3/20/2013 Comparison of Play's old packaging to Zavvi's new packaging-thanks Zesty!

newpackage.jpg

14/03/2013 By Wreck:
I now have confirmation that I can announce ... for all those worried about future packaging from Zavvi. My Play contact has been working with zavvi as well on this mission for better packaging. Between the 3 of us and the future comments from this community after its in place I'm sure it will be go over well.
View attachment 29368
from the pick line ......... :thumbs:
foam inside

1/19/2013 Member Nyvo tweeted Zaavi about packaging concerns. They said they may be looking into alternate packaging methods.

Zavvi shipping international list:
Zavvi UK

Box update1- 1/7/2014

Box update 2-1/17//2014-we're told they have boxes again.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 556
Last edited by a moderator:
The 2 things I like about individual shipping from Zavvi is that 1) steelbooks are much better protected in those white boxes and 2) since the package states the price of the item it's better for clearing customs without having to pay any duty on them in Canada if there is only 1 item in the package. Even thought the limit for importing in Canada is $20 Canadian, a single steelbook still clears even though the converted cost is around $45-$50 Canadian.

What I don't like about individual shipping is what you mentioned, that some items fail to arrive.
Indeed, those two points are the ONLY good parts on how Zavvi is shipping.
Although, if I recall correctly, when I was receiving several items in one big box, I think the SteelBooks were still individually packed in those white boxes specially designed for them, and then in the big box together.
And about this kind of packaging specially designed for SteelBooks, I recal the ONE SINGLE TIME when Amazon was shipped to me the Justice League SteelBook, in a similar box like Zavvi's, but MUCH LARGER for just one SteelBook, which had added MUCH MORE protection to the SteelBook than the Zavvi's ones. Just take a look at the pictures attached.
IMG_2315.JPG

IMG_2316.JPG

IMG_2314.JPG

Reactions: Stygian
Although, if I recall correctly, when I was receiving several items in one big box, I think the SteelBooks were still individually packed in those white boxes specially designed for them, and then in the big box together.
And about this kind of packaging specially designed for SteelBooks, I recal the ONE SINGLE TIME when Amazon was shipped to me the Justice League SteelBook, in a similar box like Zavvi's, but MUCH LARGER for just one SteelBook, which had added MUCH MORE protection to the SteelBook than the Zavvi's ones. Just take a look at the pictures attached.

WOW that is a nice package! I've never seen anything like that from amazon here.

WOW that is a nice package! I've never seen anything like that from amazon here.
Yeah, indeed was a good package, and I've also never before or after this saw it anywhere.
Luckily, I've copied the model, and I can ask my colleagues to make some for me on the cutter-plotter, in the event that I wil ever sell some of my duplicates, steels or not ;).

The only time I got delivery of multiple items in a box from same order with Zavvi was when it was shipped from Hut Warehouse in UK and that only happened on 2 ocassions
These 2 ocassions was 2 Box sets and 2 Vinyl Record orders

Guernsey warehouse ship all orders separately no mater how many items you do in a same order and been that way since I been ordering from Zavvi since 2013

As Zavvi is based outside the UK in Guernsey if they started to ship multiple items same time a lot more of European customers based in EU will get hit for VAT and possible Import Duty as well

Yeah, indeed was a good package, and I've also never before or after this saw it anywhere.
Luckily, I've copied the model, and I can ask my colleagues to make some for me on the cutter-plotter, in the event that I wil ever sell some of my duplicates, steels or not ;).
Ah, the good old days of "Frustration-Free" steelbook packaging :drool:

They used to be the norm for steelbooks shipments from Amazon UK and Amazon DE ca. 2013 - 2015 (not sure when they went mostly extinct).

When ordering multiple steelbooks, you got them in a big box with the steelbooks individually packaged in these specially designed steelbook packages (Frustration-Free was Amazon's own description for them).

They've (all Amazon sites except Amazon JP) really gone downhill with the way they package (or don't, actually) steelbooks nowadays.

Does anyone know any good twitter accounts who posts updates on new Zavvi steelbooks?
I know Zavvi does that. But I'm getting tired of reading too many non-steelbook related tweets. :(

(no offense to Zavvi. They are doing nothing wrong)

Had an email from Zavvi that said there would be a Steelbook sale on the app only this weekend. So I download the app and theres no sale that I can see. Anybody else had a look?

Hey you UK guys, please answer me this:
- if you place an order now (and I mean RIGHT NOW, when "coronavirus" is upon us), for some steelbooks that Zavvi shows as "In stock | Usually dispatched within 24 hours", how long until actually been dispatched, especially how long after the money are taken?

Thanks to anyone that could answer this from real-life experience, not what it is "usual" or "normally" or even statistically! ;)

- if you place an order now (and I mean RIGHT NOW, when "coronavirus" is upon us), for some steelbooks that Zavvi shows as "In stock | Usually dispatched within 24 hours", how long until actually been dispatched, especially how long after the money are taken?

Thanks to anyone that could answer this from real-life experience, not what it is "usual" or "normally" or even statistically! ;)
my copy of Knives Out arrived today. it took 10 days to arrive from email saying it had been dispatched. so, that means it arrived 3 days later than its latest promised arrival date. but Royal Mail (in the UK) is very variable at the moment; some things arrive quick, others not. pot luck!

It will depend on postal system and postal carrier involved some will have delay in delivery and some wont it will vary in different locations in UK as some more busy than others processing mail
I had some orders that arrived in 3 days and some that took 8-11 days

Reactions: Felix_ro
my copy of Knives Out arrived today. it took 10 days to arrive from email saying it had been dispatched. so, that means it arrived 3 days later than its latest promised arrival date. but Royal Mail (in the UK) is very variable at the moment; some things arrive quick, others not. pot luck!
Tanks for your input, but I was referring to time between order and dispatch, and between money taken and dispatch, not until delivery (in hand).

Yet, your input is indeed useful since tells that if you got an order within UK in 10 days, then I should expect at least one week more than usually for the deliveries to me (in Romania, BTW, if you wonder). So probbly a 3 weeks delivery would be to be expected.

Tanks for your input, but I was referring to time between order and dispatch, and between money taken and dispatch, not until delivery (in hand).

Yet, your input is indeed useful since tells that if you got an order within UK in 10 days, then I should expect at least one week more than usually for the deliveries to me (in Romania, BTW, if you wonder). So probbly a 3 weeks delivery would be to be expected.
Dispatch of orders will vary some orders you can expect be dispatched 1-5 days after payment is taken

Delivery to an address outside UK you will need to allow an extra 2-3 weeks on top of normal delivery times
Some will arrive normal timeframe and some will be delayed this applies to all International post from retailers not just Zavvi

Amazon you can expect 1-2 weeks delay in dispatching an order after payment is taken and can change at short notice

Last edited:
It will depend on postal system and postal carrier involved some will have delay in delivery and some wont it will vary in different locations in UK as some more busy than others processing mail
I had some orders that arrived in 3 days and some that took 8-11 days

Thanks Paul, yet, it seems that I need to be more clear than before, and will do with an real example:
- order placed (with I think 4 items) on 14 April at around 20:45 hours (confirmation email time, I can't be sure is my time or UK time, but let's say is mine, so this makes 18:45 London/UK time)
- money took from card the same day (14 April), little later, let's say about 1-2 hours after the order, for all the items in the order including sipping cost
- til this moment (17 April, 00:49 hours) there's no dispatch notification for any of the items in the order, and since 15 April all shows as "Awaiting Dispatch" on Zavvi's website

At the time of placing the order all the item were in stock, and the order confirmation showed for all "In stock | Usually dispatched within 24 hours".

In principle, the "dispatched within 24 hours" is now passed the 48 hours and no sign is going to be soon.

Hope now is more clear that I was asking about the dispatch time not delivery time! ;)

So, this happened to any of you, lately?

Dispatch of orders will vary some orders you can expect be dispatched 1-5 days after payment is taken

Delivery to an address outside UK you will need to allow an extra 2-3 weeks on top of normal delivery times
Some will arrive normal timeframe and some will be delayed this applies to all International post from retailers not just Zavvi

Amazon you can expect 1-2 weeks delay in dispatching an order after payment is taken and can change at short notice
Many thanks Paul! :thanks: This is actually the answer, although I have to say I NEVER had longer than 1,5 days(max 2) after money got taken. (talking just about Zavvi here)
I was actually hopped for your input/response, as I consider you most trusted when it comes with info about Zavvi in special. :thumbs:

Last edited:
Reactions: paulboland
Thanks Paul, yet, it seems that I need to be more clear than before, and will do with an real example:
- order placed (with I think 4 items) on 14 April at around 20:45 hours (confirmation email time, I can't be sure is my time or UK time, but let's say is mine, so this makes 18:45 London/UK time)
- money took from card the same day (14 April), little later, let's say about 1-2 hours after the order, for all the items in the order including sipping cost
- til this moment (17 April, 00:49 hours) there's no dispatch notification for any of the items in the order, and since 15 April all shows as "Awaiting Dispatch" on Zavvi's website

At the time of placing the order all the item were in stock, and the order confirmation showed for all "In stock | Usually dispatched within 24 hours".

In principle, the "dispatched within 24 hours" is now passed the 48 hours and no sign is going to be soon.

Hope now is more clear that I was asking about the dispatch time not delivery time! ;)

So, this happened to any of you, lately?
Yes I had a few Zavvi orders where is was not dispatched until 4-5 days after payment was taken

I also have had with Amazon dispatch of my order 2 weeks after my debit card was charged

Some customers will see delays In dispatch times and delivery times and some wont or only see slight delay this is normal due to what's happening at the moment