Amazon US - SteelBook Retailer Thread

Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 16.36.31.png

Feel free to discuss shipping, customer service, availabity, etc about this retailer here.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q) What is the link to Amazon USA?
A) Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more

Q) I haven't mastered English yet - how can I read the site?!
A) Install Google translate on your browser:

Google Chrome HERE
Firefox HERE

Q) How do I register?
A) Click HERE >> Fill in details>> click on 'create account'>> Done!

Q) Do they ship outside of USA?
A) Yes, worldwide delivery, various shipping options available, for example 1 steelbook to UK:

Standard International Shipping (averages 18-32 business days) £4
AmazonGlobal Expedited Shipping AmazonGlobal Expedited Shipping (averages 8-14 business days) £7
AmazonGlobal Priority Shipping AmazonGlobal Priority Shipping (averages 2-4 days) £17

*Tip*
Standard shipping normally only takes a few days to arrive via Fedex

Q) What form of packing do they use?
A) Jiffy Bags for small orders, cardboard for large, with hardly - if any - bubble wrap, see below: (Thanks to Slinchafi for pics)

Just received four steels from amazon.com in the dumbest packaging possible.

First two arrived in this:

20130708083510.jpg

20130708083521.jpg

As you can see, no extra protection inside the padded envelope.

The remaining two:

20130708083605.jpg

20130708083632.jpg

And the box was already starting to come apart on the bottom:

20130708083722.jpg

Miraculously, apart from two tiny paint chips on one steel all of them are mint.

Q) Is the retailer custom's friendly? (i.e will they mark as gift, or low value).
A) No, they list full item price. It's sometimes cheaper if ninjas have their items sent to a USA friend/ninja and then forwarded on to their address.

Q) Will the retailer charges upon order or upon shipment
A) You will be charged upon dispatch

Q) What payment do they accept?
A) Card / Store Card / Gift card / Checking Account (US only)

Q) Customer Services any good?
A) Amazon in general have the best customer service but some of the worst packaging in North America.

Cancellations: Your account >> > Sign In > My Orders - follow on screen instructions

Replacements: Your account >> > Sign In > My Orders - Return or replace Items >> follow on screen instructions.

Keep in mind that if the item is out of stock, discontinued, and is not available for exchange, your order will be cancelled and will be refunded.

Refunds: They are normally processed within a few days.

Last edited by a moderator:
thats fine, it was like that until now, i have no problem to wait, also amazon support is good if something gets lots

Former Ottawa Amazon warehouse worker alleges culture of bullying, intimidation and harassment

“She said I was lazy on dock and that’s why I switched to pack, but I was doing 200 units an hour, better than most of the other 70 people on my shift,” Westley said.

That's a quote pulled from an article about an Amazon employee who felt bullied at an Amazon warehouse.

200 units an hour and there are still people who wonder why their steelbooks aren't inspected before they are shipped out.

I've mentioned this previously elsewhere but warehouse workers don't have the time to inspect anything they are shipping.
Especially a small steelbook, just one product among thousands or even millions of different products sold by a company.

This includes Best Buy as well.

Extreme capitalism is a reality. Business can be expensive and risky, but those who were built with BILLIONS of investing , now are head of the economy. Above the president and any future government.

Former Ottawa Amazon warehouse worker alleges culture of bullying, intimidation and harassment

“She said I was lazy on dock and that’s why I switched to pack, but I was doing 200 units an hour, better than most of the other 70 people on my shift,” Westley said.

That's a quote pulled from an article about an Amazon employee who felt bullied at an Amazon warehouse.

200 units an hour and there are still people who wonder why their steelbooks aren't inspected before they are shipped out.

I've mentioned this previously elsewhere but warehouse workers don't have the time to inspect anything they are shipping.
Especially a small steelbook, just one product among thousands or even millions of different products sold by a company.

This includes Best Buy as well.
Once again I'm going to tell you that your wrong. They do have people that check the items when they stock the shelves and then also before they get put into boxes. Albeit some do slip through with the amount of volume that they process that's unavoidable because nobody's perfect, people do slip up. I've included a video of Amazon warehouse and have it starting at 2:35, watch as the guy in the Nevada shirt inspects the items before their packaged. You actually believe there's just one person inspecting, no, there are lots of people checking. So you can continue to think the way you do and continue to buy your 10 copies just so you can get the one you want, but that's not normal buying practices. Most people have the common sense not to do that and buy just one or two copies but you go ahead and continue your illogical buying practices nobody's going to stop you.

Had my first order from Amazon.com turn up earlier today and have to say I’m really impressed by how quick it got to me in the Uk but will say that I’m shocked it reached me in perfect condition.
The packaging was terrible, just a standard jiffy.

Is a Jiffy bag the norm with these?

Ok this one reached me fine but I’m concerned over future orders as I don’t think I’ll always be as lucky :whistle:

Attachments

• CE460AE1-A79D-4673-A979-20098F19D8CA.jpeg
    CE460AE1-A79D-4673-A979-20098F19D8CA.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 126