Run Time: 124mins

Number of discs: 1

+SPECIAL FEATURE+

-Kate Winslet On The Art Of Aging Hanna Schmitz

-A New Voice : A Look At Composer Nico Muhly

-Coming To Grips With The Past : Production Designer Brigitte Broch

-Theatrical Trailer

+STORYLINE+

THE READER opens in post-war Germany when teenager Michael Berg becomes ill and is helped home by Hanna, a stranger twice his age.

Michael recovers from scarlet fever and seeks out Hanna to thank her.

The two are quickly drawn into a passionate but secretive affair.

Michael discovers that Hanna loves being read to and their physical relationship deepens.

Hanna is enthralled as Michael reads to her from "The Odyssey," "Huck Finn" and "The Lady with the Little Dog."

Despite their intense bond, Hanna mysteriously disappears one day and Michael is left confused and heartbroken.

Eight years later, while Michael is a law student observing the Nazi war crime trials, he is stunned to find Hanna back in his life - this time

as a defendant in the courtroom.

As Hanna's past is revealed, Michael uncovers a deep secret that will impact both of their lives.

THE READER is a story about truth and reconciliation, about how one generation comes to terms with the crimes of another.

Attachments

• reader.jpg
    reader.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 167
Last edited by a moderator:
This looks like such a sweet edition with the booklet and artcards. Plus there seems to be some kind of slipbox in addition to the normal case for the bluray + amray.

Dam you Kimchi.. may as well have my company mail you my paycheck every month! :tear:

Reactions: Man on 1Wire x 6 3
This looks like such a sweet edition with the booklet and artcards. Plus there seems to be some kind of slipbox in addition to the normal case for the bluray + amray.

Dam you Kimchi.. may as well have my company mail you my paycheck every month! :tear:

I think it comes with two slipboxes and then you chose which one you want to use. And this isn't a Kimchidvd exclusive; it's available everywhere in Korea. :thumbs:

That last picture in the OP seems to show that both slip boxes are included. I ordered from Kimchidvd and they also did not have the option to choose. Maybe it is the draw of the luck on which one you get? :dunno:

Reactions: thecardman23
That last picture in the OP seems to show that both slip boxes are included. I ordered from Kimchidvd and they also did not have the option to choose. Maybe it is the draw of the luck on which one you get? :dunno:

Both slipboxes are included. They both come in a plastic slip. So you can play dress up with your film depending the mood of that day :hilarious:

Nothing to choose.

Received this today! :scat:

kHMVD5I.jpg

1st slip (my favorite, really like the faux book look to it)

K8A1xB3.jpg

x3UyzHj.jpg

Rt1Nu2C.jpg

DHuYqoM.jpg

L4Lgs06.jpg

Amaray

x8oQesp.jpg

2W1cax9.jpg

6oTq2Dm.jpg

2nd slip

tpWkAYW.jpg

TyPC8OP.jpg

This one unfortunately has the bottom coming unglued, I've contacted Kimchi about it but I'd check yours closely if you're getting this release.

Interestingly, the 2nd slip came inside a sleeve very much like the ones Kimchi sells for steels. Main difference is that it lacks their logo and is a bit roomier, I'd love to grab some more of these.

W3un7lo.jpg