paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: October 17, 2022
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £19.99 (Amazon - HMV) - £21.99 (Zavvi)

81D7-ZXZIrL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

The Ring Front.jpgThe Ring Back.jpg The Ring Inside.jpg

Last edited:
What are the chances this will have a new transfer?
Although the original is said to be great to begin with.

UK disc is from 2018 issue.
Not sure what the difference is between that and the 2012 one.
Probably just the disc design.

Okay comparison with my original The Ring Steelbook release which is a US release
HNEJST28725-2T.jpg
Menu is different and the new release doesn't have any Extras.
The picture I'm not 100% sure is the same either.
I've switched between the two and the new disc looks better to me if only slightly
giphy.webp

Or I'm just imagining it (n)

Okay comparison with my original The Ring Steelbook release which is a US release
View attachment 543639
Menu is different and the new release doesn't have any Extras.
The picture I'm not 100% sure is the same either.
I've switched between the two and the new disc looks better to me if only slightly
giphy.webp

Or I'm just imagining it (n)
No extras at all?? Maaaan, that sucks :(

No extras at all?? Maaaan, that sucks :(
Nope just Play Movie, Settings & Scenes
It's weird that it doesn't have them but the older one does.
But as I said the older Steelbook was a US version and is the has an issue date of 2012 so maybe the UK disc which says 2018 always had a different menu and no extras
I noticed in the unboxing video someone posted the disc was similar or the same as the old steel so that probably has the extras in the US version.
But clearly missing from the UK/EU one.
Need someone to confirm.

• Informative
Reactions: Punker76
But as I said the older Steelbook was a US version and is the has an issue date of 2012 so maybe the UK disc which says 2018 always had a different menu and no extras
I noticed in the unboxing video someone posted the disc was similar or the same as the old steel so that probably has the extras in the US version.
Need someone to confirm.

There are "special features" visible on the back of the slipcover in the unboxing video in the US thread.

I have posted a picture of the back of the slipcover in the US thread as well.

Need someone to confirm.
Both Paramount and Warner US BD releases had extras, as well as Australian releases, they're the same: short film "Rings", deleted scenes, featurette, interviews and trailer, all ported from the 2-disc R1 DVD.
European DVDs were all missing the interviews, but Blu-rays were barebones everywhere in Europe - Spain, Italy, all the Nordic countries, and probably UK, as they shared EU discs at the time.
Actually I can't find a UK BD release at all, maybe this is the first time it's released there. So they just used the barebones master from one of the European countries. Why not Australian... don't know, as the Scottish drinker would say.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: TGO
There are "special features" visible on the back of the slipcover in the unboxing video in the US thread.

I have posted a picture of the back of the slipcover in the US thread as well.
That's the US one, the UK one doesn't have any extras. Just got it and there are no special features listed on the back