paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: March 18, 2019
Purchase link: Arrow Films - Zavvi - HMV - Amazon UK
Price: £50.00 (Arrow Films) - £44.99 (Zavvi) - £49.99 (HMV) - £45.33 (Amazon)

bd92b0b9-df47-4134-9d4e-0ad6cf59ff90.jpg

Last edited:
Does Arrow LE boxsets tend to drop in price after a little while, or are they usually sold out by then? Have to figure out if I should wait for a drop on the collection or just buy the first in steelbook.
When it's a popular release a lot of the time the limited editions go sold out quickly before or just after release date.

When arrow announce they are sold out from their webstore on facebook that will let you know if the rest of the stock with retailers will be sold out soon afterwards.

Price with amazon/hmv I expect will drop before release date to £30-£40

If it's a release not selling well then you can wait for better price drop.

If this is a must have best to pre order and wait till you see arrow announce if stock levels getting low before you cancel

Reactions: Hewitt89
Yeah I can but it’s more a question if I can get under our import charge limit. I don’t think the price will fall that low (around £30) before release so it’s more a question if that can happen after a few months or if it’s just unrealistic to happen.

In my opinion it should still be possible to buy. However Thing was sold out that i thought will not. However i still believe that it Will get 30gpb proce before release date.

Reactions: Hewitt89
With the news today of HMV on the verge of administration again I’ve thrown in a preorder with Amazon just in case. Hopefully HMV find a way to survive, weather it’s by closing stores (again) or by doing a zavvi and going online only.

With the news today of HMV on the verge of administration again I’ve thrown in a preorder with Amazon just in case. Hopefully HMV find a way to survive, weather it’s by closing stores (again) or by doing a zavvi and going online only.

Yeah I placed PO for this with HMV when they had price error of 29.99.
If they cancel all POs then I hope this does drop in price before release.

Had a cancellation email from Hmv for my £29.99 order today.
Reason given they are no longer able to source it from their suppliers.
Good job I also pre-ordered from zavvi with a discount code.

Had a cancellation email from Hmv for my £29.99 order today.
Reason given they are no longer able to source it from their suppliers.
Good job I also pre-ordered from zavvi with a discount code.
Same, but I didn't place an extra order with zavvi and am not feeling ordering it now for £45 when I had it secured for £30. Sucks lol.

*** RING COLLECTION UPDATE*** Attention! THE RING COLLECTION is now sold out via the Arrow store!

If you’re still keen to grab a copy, make sure to pre-order Sadako awaits..
Still available to pre order from
Amazon
Zavvi

Once Amazon and Zavvi sell their allocated stock it will be third party sellers only

FB_IMG_1551907651888.jpg

Reason why HMV cancelled orders is they not got an agrement on dealer prices and file discount with arrow films
This is why they not had arrow video new releases in stores since they was saved by sunrise.

HMV it's the same with 88 films label releases and is why they not had their new releases also

Until HMV and Arrow can negotiate on a contract to supply releases you won't see arrow new releases in hmv stores

I expect HMV and Arrow will come to an arrangement but if HMV demand to much arrow might not bother

Last edited:
Amazon order dispatched yesterday
I will have delivery on Tuesday

I cancelled my Zavvi order as that will likely been shipped in a jiffy mailer

The packaging arrow used with this release is a hard rigid chipboard box that should be ok if you used Zavvi but I was not risking it :rofl:

I've ordered myself a copy via arrow's store yesterday and got a dispatch email today! The link doesn't take you to a product page but you can order via the other customers bought section at the bottom of the standard release.
Screenshot_20190328-191256_Chrome.jpg

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Futurhythm
I've ordered myself a copy via arrow's store yesterday and got a dispatch email today! The link doesn't take you to a product page but you can order via the other customers bought section at the bottom of the standard release. View attachment 419623
Wait... so it's secretly back in stock in their store?? *Runs off to check*

It really does show up in the "Other Customers Bought" bar, but clicking on it gives you a 404 page. However, you can still add it to cart from the "Other Customers Bought" bar. Wow, that's super dodgy and weird! I was gutted when they ran out of stock because I had no idea where else I could get it that would actually pack it properly.

EDIT: Nope, no luck. I can add to cart, but it disappears when I checkout :(

Thanks for getting my hopes up @justboy :p

Last edited: