paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: March 18, 2019
Purchase link: Arrow Films - Zavvi - HMV - Amazon UK
Price: £50.00 (Arrow Films) - £44.99 (Zavvi) - £49.99 (HMV) - £45.33 (Amazon)

bd92b0b9-df47-4134-9d4e-0ad6cf59ff90.jpg

Last edited:
LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
  • Brand new 4K restoration of Ring from the original camera negative, approved by director of photography Junichiro Hayashi
  • High definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentations
  • Lossless Japanese DTS-HD master audio 5.1 and PCM 2.0 soundtracks
  • Optional English subtitles
  • Bonus feature: Spiral, George Iida’s 1998 sequel to Ring
  • New audio commentary on Ring by film historian David Kalat
  • New audio commentary on Ring 0 by author and critic Alexandra Heller-Nicholas
  • The Ring Legacy, a series of new interviews from critics and filmmakers on their memories of the Ring series and its enduring legacy
  • A Vicious Circle, a new video interview with author and critic Kat Ellinger on the career of Hideo Nakata
  • Circumnavigating Ring, a new video essay by author and critic Alexandra Heller-Nicholas on the evolution of the Ring series
  • Spooks, Sighs and Videotape, a new video essay by critic Jasper Sharp on the J-horror phenomenon
  • The Psychology of Fear, a newly edited archival interview with author Koji Suzuki
  • Archival behind-the-scenes featurette on Ring 0
  • Ring 0 deleted scenes
  • Sadako’s Video
  • Multiple theatrical trailers for the Ring series
  • Limited edition 60-page booklet containing new writing by Violet Lucca, Alexandra Heller-Nicholas, Jasper Sharp, Kieran Fisher and Kat Ellinger
  • Limited edition packaging featuring original and newly commissioned artwork

having just posted i am unlikely to get the steelbook as i have the dvd lenticular trilogy for this already, then this pops up. hmm...! :wow: :confused: :thumbs: :watch: :dunno:

• Haha
Reactions: mactaylor
Amazon UK and HMV will list in next few days

Better to order from Arrow Films/Amazon or Hmv for packaging

Zavvi hit and miss as lot of the time shipped in bubble mailers

Interesting. I like the steelbook art a lot, So maybe i Will double dip it.
However for me this is incomplete set. Lack of Spiral movie, and 2 parts of Sadako movie. Korean remake - Ring Virus would be also the nice touch. But, i cant be much complaining as there was problem with Blu Ray version of This film with English subs.

£50 @ Arrow, £45 @ Zavvi, £30 @ HMV...

Guess where I placed my order ;)

(P.S. Steelbook ordered @ Zavvi w/10% discount code, so £14.39 shipped :cigar:).

Interesting. I like the steelbook art a lot, So maybe i Will double dip it.
However for me this is incomplete set. Lack of Spiral movie, and 2 parts of Sadako movie. Korean remake - Ring Virus would be also the nice touch. But, i cant be much complaining as there was problem with Blu Ray version of This film with English subs.

It has Spiral.

I guess this is the best set we'll ever got, so easy purchase for me.

Reactions: galareta2332
Now gone up to £49.99 :wtf: Will orders at the £29.99 still be honoured!?
From hmv.com FAQ's:
What’s your pre-order price guarantee?
You’ll always pay the price quoted at the time of placing your order (unless the price goes down upon release, then we’ll refund the difference). We aim to process these refunds within 3 working days of the item’s release

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Mickle_89
From hmv.com FAQ's:
You’ll always pay the price quoted at the time of placing your order (unless the price goes down upon release, then we’ll refund the difference). We aim to process these refunds within 3 working days of the item’s release
Awesome, good to know, thanks! :thumbs: Pricing error then perhaps?

From hmv.com FAQ's:
HMV can get around this if a price mistake has been listed on their website

Price will likely drop below £49.99 before release date anyway as to how much just have to wait and see

https://store.hmv.com/terms-of-sale
PRICING ERRORS

Every effort is made to ensure that the prices shown on the Website are correct. In the unlikely event that an error is made in the price shown on the Website, HMV Ecommerce will not be obliged to supply the goods to you at the incorrectly stated price. In these circumstances, we shall not dispatch the goods affected but will notify the correct price to you so that you can decide whether to proceed with your order at that price. If we are unable to contact you using the contact details you provided to us, we shall treat the order as cancelled and notify you via email.

If the pricing error is obvious and unmistakable and could easily have been recognised by you as a mispricing, we do not have to provide the goods to you at the incorrect price.

Does Arrow LE boxsets tend to drop in price after a little while, or are they usually sold out by then? Have to figure out if I should wait for a drop on the collection or just buy the first in steelbook.

@Hewitt89 just preorder all. Till march you will See and than you can always cancel your order.
Yeah I can but it’s more a question if I can get under our import charge limit. I don’t think the price will fall that low (around £30) before release so it’s more a question if that can happen after a few months or if it’s just unrealistic to happen.